Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708144 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #555 on: December 10, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
@Playalot I had this problem in several of my files where time had gone on for several generations. With or without evicting ghosts, it was nearly impossible to get enough friends. Luckily it wasn't for a challenge so I had more ways around it. I find getting fitness to level 10 and then when it's the last requirement, sending my sim to the gym to mentor other sims. Either that, or going to a lot and staying there until all 6 friends are made. Even staying at home and locking your good friends in a room until you have met and befriended more sims. I had to go to extremes to beat the game cull. If you have sims in houses, those ones don't get culled, I think, so making sure the homes get occupied would be the way to go. If they are not getting occupied after ghosts are evicted, then we would need to be allowed to move sims in from the unplayed sim pool.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #556 on: December 10, 2014, 06:59:09 PM »
The further we go the more complicated it's getting, mostly from folks like myself asking questions.   ;)  So here are two more about the museum.  In the garden you have fruits, veggies, weird plants, (like cowplant, space plant and trash plant), herbs and flowers.  Are each of these categories considered separte things?  So can heir A do fruits, (grown, tended and harvested by each given heir), heir B do veggies, heir C do herbs,  heir D do flowers and heir E do weird plants and it be ok for each of them, or are garden items just garden items no matter whether they are fruits, veggies, herbs, etc.?

I don't think we separated fruits and veggies in the Sims 3 Dynasty museum did we? We just had "plants" as a qualifying item, so I'd say lump them all together, Joria.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #557 on: December 10, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »
@Playalot I had this problem in several of my files where time had gone on for several generations. With or without evicting ghosts, it was nearly impossible to get enough friends. Luckily it wasn't for a challenge so I had more ways around it. I find getting fitness to level 10 and then when it's the last requirement, sending my sim to the gym to mentor other sims. Either that, or going to a lot and staying there until all 6 friends are made. Even staying at home and locking your good friends in a room until you have met and befriended more sims. I had to go to extremes to beat the game cull. If you have sims in houses, those ones don't get culled, I think, so making sure the homes get occupied would be the way to go. If they are not getting occupied after ghosts are evicted, then we would need to be allowed to move sims in from the unplayed sim pool.

I have no sims in houses at all apart from one ghost and they don't count towards ambrosia requirements. That's the whole problem. I make new good friends everyday... and I mean everyday, just for them to be culled at midnight. The actual making friends isn't the problem, it's the culling. Because there are no townies in houses I have to use just random sims that are prone to being culled. It's a horrible game mechanics problem. I wish I could lock sims in rooms! I even tried inviting all my good friends over to the dynasty house and inviting them for a sleep-over, but at midnight three of them just ran out the house, never to be seen again... culled!
It's a game killer.

*edited: I'm now on my fourth lot of good friends. Just starting to go out and make my fifth lot after two more were culled just minutes ago in rl time!  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #558 on: December 10, 2014, 08:29:18 PM »
Ok, so I just moved in my founder's boyfriend.  He has the Bodybuilder aspiration.  I can switch it to another one right?  And it won't count against me?  Or does it mean a restart?  There's just no way to find out what aspiration they have.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #559 on: December 10, 2014, 09:15:13 PM »
Shewolf, my understanding is that you can change the aspiration of someone who moves in. In fact, the only rule that I can see is that you cannot let anyone complete the Bodybuilder aspiration.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #560 on: December 10, 2014, 09:34:43 PM »
I thought we could switch aspirations since our founder/heir has to achieve two of them.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #561 on: December 10, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »
Shewolf, my understanding is that you can change the aspiration of someone who moves in. In fact, the only rule that I can see is that you cannot let anyone complete the Bodybuilder aspiration.

Ok, that was my understanding as well.  My concern was actually the Bodybuilder aspiration at all.  I know we can switch and I know the non-Immortals are basically free to pursue any and all aspirations (except bodybuilder, of course).  But I've been thinking not to have anyone even do any of the first steps of it, just in case.  So when he came into the house with that as his aspiration, I went "ack!" It was just a slight panic moment XD I've had so many issues with this challenge.  And not even any of the known bugs or culling!  But that's what I understood as well, is that the Bodybuilder aspiration can't be completed but the first few stages can be for the satisfaction.

I thought we could switch aspirations since our founder/heir has to achieve two of them.

We can, Joria.  My question wasn't about the switching as it was about the Bodybuilder aspiration itself.  Sorry to confuse you XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #562 on: December 10, 2014, 10:36:50 PM »
Ok, that was my understanding as well.  My concern was actually the Bodybuilder aspiration at all.  I know we can switch and I know the non-Immortals are basically free to pursue any and all aspirations (except bodybuilder, of course).  But I've been thinking not to have anyone even do any of the first steps of it, just in case.  So when he came into the house with that as his aspiration, I went "ack!" It was just a slight panic moment XD I've had so many issues with this challenge.  And not even any of the known bugs or culling!  But that's what I understood as well, is that the Bodybuilder aspiration can't be completed but the first few stages can be for the satisfaction.

We can, Joria.  My question wasn't about the switching as it was about the Bodybuilder aspiration itself.  Sorry to confuse you XD

I'm hoping it's not an issue because my spouse is Don Lothario and he started out with the body builder aspiration.  I simply keep him busy doing other things and rarely allow him to exercise so he will not ever achieve that aspiration.  He keeps the house well funded by painting.

I have a question about parties, or maybe it's just a problem.  I need to do a birthday party but every time my mortals are ready to age up my founder is at work.  It's against the rules to leave work early, right?  As a chef, she gets home too late to throw a party although there are enough people in the house to meet the guest criteria.  Right now her spouse is bubbling up to age.  The cake is baked but she's at work.  Can he or another household member throw the actual party or does my founder have to do it?

EDITED TO ADD SOLUTION:  Be good idea to get an answer anyway for other members.  What I did was make everyone in my house take a nap, came home and threw the gold medal party.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #563 on: December 11, 2014, 01:38:45 AM »
I am sure this was asked before at some point, but I can't find/remember the answer (is there a "Search this topic" feature somewhere that I'm missing?)

Can mortals in the household purchase the consumable/transferable aspiration rewards for the Immortals to use without them counting towards the 4 Unique Aspiration Rewards (or the 8 non-unique Aspiration rewards)? As in, could a spouse or helper buy an inspired potion and give it to the founder?

Alternately, if the founder selects a potion as one of his or her 4 rewards, could the other heirs use that reward if the founder is the only sim who ever "buys" it.

I remember we said they could buy the Potion of Youth for the Ambrosia, but I can't remember what the consensus was for the other items.

Though after Playalot's troubles, I'm thinking of putting the Immortal Dynasty on Hiatus for a while, until Story Progression and related issues are fixed.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #564 on: December 11, 2014, 03:07:14 AM »
@Wirligig,

Can't answer your potion related questions but re: culling of sims.

If you have sims in houses in your game still, the answer to it all is easy. You just need to get the female in-house sims pregnant so that when the first gen of townies die off their child/ren will still live on in the house. If you keep doing this for every generation then your houses will never be empty.

With sims in houses you now can make friends with them for ambrosia requirements and they will not be culled.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize this easy(ish) fix until my houses were all empty.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #565 on: December 11, 2014, 04:27:55 AM »
@Wirligig,

Can't answer your potion related questions but re: culling of sims.

If you have sims in houses in your game still, the answer to it all is easy. You just need to get the female in-house sims pregnant so that when the first gen of townies die off their child/ren will still live on in the house. If you keep doing this for every generation then your houses will never be empty.

With sims in houses you now can make friends with them for ambrosia requirements and they will not be culled.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize this easy(ish) fix until my houses were all empty.

But doesn't this mean you'd have to use Manage Worlds?  Use of Manage Worlds is forbidden except for placing tombstones in designated graveyard areas.  If the team allows this it would be awesome but if this is allowed the next easy step would be to fill houses from unplayed Sims.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #566 on: December 11, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »
Can mortals in the household purchase the consumable/transferable aspiration rewards for the Immortals to use without them counting towards the 4 Unique Aspiration Rewards (or the 8 non-unique Aspiration rewards)? As in, could a spouse or helper buy an inspired potion and give it to the founder?

Alternately, if the founder selects a potion as one of his or her 4 rewards, could the other heirs use that reward if the founder is the only sim who ever "buys" it.

I remember we said they could buy the Potion of Youth for the Ambrosia, but I can't remember what the consensus was for the other items.

A spouse/helper of an immortal can definitely buy a potion/reward to pass/use for the immortal assuming that particular potion is not targeted as one of the rewards for Ambrosia requirements.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2014, 07:03:50 AM »
@Playalot, I haven't had the problem with culling sims. But maybe I wasn't far enough in the challenge? I was almost at gen. 4. But haven't had problems with the culling of sims and losing friends that way. I can imagine this is very frustrating. Hopefully they have a solution soon!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #568 on: December 11, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »
But doesn't this mean you'd have to use Manage Worlds?  Use of Manage Worlds is forbidden except for placing tombstones in designated graveyard areas.  If the team allows this it would be awesome but if this is allowed the next easy step would be to fill houses from unplayed Sims.

No Joria... that's the way to 'seed' your town in live mode... you just invite a female sim around, or go to their house and woohoo/try for baby. It's a way of making sure your houses won't ever become empty.

@ MissZoef. Thanks. I've discovered a few facts. Once your worlds population hits 180 culling happens. Culling will not take away sims who have living children (nor will those children be culled while their parents are living). And of course... no sims in houses get culled.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #569 on: December 11, 2014, 10:27:02 PM »
Welp I just discovered my first solo ghost household...  And I can't visit it.  Uh oh.  So I know Playalot went and evicted hers, is this a generally allowed thing now, or was hers a special test case?  If possible I'd like to kick these out as they happen so I don't get to a point where I've got nothing but ghosts.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

anything