Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705857 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #630 on: December 16, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
isn't there a way or cheat code that can remove skills/add them? maybe that is something to fix our problem. I encountered the same bug with the cooking career.

With how many people on this forum alone that are having the issue, I doubt it'll make it a week without getting fixed.

Is anyone else's needs degrading super quick?  like my sims have to sleep now, even with never weary, and they have to pee/eat/shower like 3 times a day its kind of ridiculous.  I don't even have time to do my aspiration stuff anymore.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #631 on: December 16, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »
With how many people on this forum alone that are having the issue, I doubt it'll make it a week without getting fixed.

Is anyone else's needs degrading super quick?  like my sims have to sleep now, even with never weary, and they have to pee/eat/shower like 3 times a day its kind of ridiculous.  I don't even have time to do my aspiration stuff anymore.

The only thing I noticed is that my sim also has to sleep even though she has never weary. The rest seemed fine (need-wise).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #632 on: December 16, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »
The only thing I noticed is that my sim also has to sleep even though she has never weary. The rest seemed fine (need-wise).

They did change the definition of Never Weary so I feel like that one was intentional, whether or not it was in the patch notes.  I'm gunna clear my cache and such...  it really feels like my needs are degrading super fast.

Challenge team:  The patch has allowed us to move Sims into our neighborhood by clicking on a neighboring house and clicking Move in household.  Is this allowed, as it no longer requires manage worlds, or is it against the rules? 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #633 on: December 16, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »
They did change the definition of Never Weary so I feel like that one was intentional, whether or not it was in the patch notes.  I'm gunna clear my cache and such...  it really feels like my needs are degrading super fast.

ah did not know that, I did notice though that the need to sleep decays slower, so I suppose it is supposed to be that way then. hope clearing the cache helps, it did nothing for me with the skill bug for careers

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #634 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
I had the same problem with my Tech Guru - level 10 programming and level 9 video gaming not registering.  She's a spare, not an heir, so I gambled and had her quit her job.  Then I had her rejoin.  It now recognizes her skills but I did lose the daily task completion and the performance bar was almost all the way to the right and it is now back to the middle.

Also, I'm pretty sure she was at level 8 before she quit, but when she retook the job she's at level 7.  I know she was working on placing in 3 video game tournaments, which, if I'm reading the guide correctly, was a Level 8 requirement.  It's unfortunate that she lost progress, but at least now she can continue.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #635 on: December 16, 2014, 09:28:42 PM »
Either the Aspiration Satisfaction values have decreases substantially, or there's a bug there.  I had a sim with level 9 Logic, who, after the change in the aspiration requirements with the update, only had to max Logic to complete the Nerd Brain Aspiration.  I'm not sure how many Satisfaction points she had before completing it, but immediately after completing it she only had 1,750 total.  Previously this was worth 4,750 points.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #636 on: December 16, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »
I had the same problem with my Tech Guru - level 10 programming and level 9 video gaming not registering.  She's a spare, not an heir, so I gambled and had her quit her job.  Then I had her rejoin.  It now recognizes her skills but I did lose the daily task completion and the performance bar was almost all the way to the right and it is now back to the middle.

Also, I'm pretty sure she was at level 8 before she quit, but when she retook the job she's at level 7.  I know she was working on placing in 3 video game tournaments, which, if I'm reading the guide correctly, was a Level 8 requirement.  It's unfortunate that she lost progress, but at least now she can continue.

That's good to know GlazeyLady. I wasn't prepared to do that with a founder in case she couldn't re-join the career and things went badly wrong.
I did end up using the career cheat but she had completed all the requirements and her bar was right at the end (I took a screen shot to show that which I can post if anyone wants to see it. It actually shows the bar so it's different to the other one I posted).
I actually feel, well terrible, about using the cheat but I just couldn't see any other way around it.  :(
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #637 on: December 17, 2014, 01:31:26 AM »
Hm... I have no idea if this is a glitch caused by the patch or if it's how the aspiration works now... With the new Successful Lineage aspiration, it says have Child complete an aspiration.  Now, her daughter is a teen and completed Whiz Kid.  It hasn't ticked off, so I don't know if it doesn't count because she had already completed it before my founder had gotten to that step of the aspiration or if it will count if she can complete one of her adult aspirations... or if it's glitched.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #638 on: December 17, 2014, 01:41:06 AM »
@Shewolf13 Were you in the aspiration at the time your child completed theirs?  It seems like previously completed goals aren't registering currently, or at least not all the time.  If I remember correctly, the child aspirations SHOULD count for that.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #639 on: December 17, 2014, 01:46:36 AM »
Yeah, I believe so.  But since the levels have all changed and they switched around a lot of the steps in an aspiration, I'm not sure if it just didn't register or it didn't count it because it was put on  a later step, if that makes sense.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #640 on: December 17, 2014, 01:48:56 AM »
Yeah, I believe so.  But since the levels have all changed and they switched around a lot of the steps in an aspiration, I'm not sure if it just didn't register or it didn't count it because it was put on  a later step, if that makes sense.

It does, actually, I had to do voodoo actions again because it got moved up in Tier.  I'm pretty sure all these "can't finish this career req" and "cant finish this aspiration req" even though its done already are all related.  Quickly, everyone storm the EA bug forum!

Edit:  I should mention that adult aspirations will work too, when it says child it just means your child, not the age type.  as long as you can finish an aspiration on your child before your parent dies you'll be fine.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #641 on: December 17, 2014, 01:50:07 AM »
She's a day away from elder... she can't have another kid to do that... I hope her daughter's adult aspiration will count for it...

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #642 on: December 17, 2014, 04:03:37 AM »
Hey wolf, adult aspirations should work fine.

So as it turns out, I was right about the public enemy aspiration being an issue now.  The witness a Sims death requirement isn't broken, but it is almost impossible to fulfill without a lot of luck.  I just had an elder die in my household.  My sim wasn't in the room at the time,  but I ran him over the instant I got the notification.  Didn't matter.  You have to witness the instant of death.

In addition, if the sim has anything else queued up, they won't witness it.  It's an entirely automatic action, which means if you arent in the room doing nothing at the time the sim dies, then you don't get the requirement.  Without the ability to kill off a Sim, completing the aspiration becomes a matter of luck.  You can even get unlucky, you can be in the room doing nothing, but your sim might auto queue a cook food order and miss the moment of death.

Edit:  I have screen shots showing the dying elder, the one sim that witnessed it, one running off to cook even though he was in the area at time of death, and my last sim not witnessing it even though he is obviously watching it happen.  There isn't an interaction to witness it.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #643 on: December 17, 2014, 04:09:08 AM »
@ dethdukk, ouch. That aspiration is now very, very tricky. To the point of impossible. Just a thought... and it most probably won't work but have you tried mourning at an urn? maybe (somehow) it might trigger the goal. It's a long-shot for sure....
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #644 on: December 17, 2014, 04:16:02 AM »
Yes I did, and no it didn't.  So yeah, at this point my only hope I guess is to just invite elders and hang out near them till they die and hope Nick decides to witness it.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty