Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708109 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #750 on: February 12, 2015, 01:29:50 PM »
Yes.  As long as those aspirations are unique to the heir, you can complete them at teen/YA/adult/elder life stage.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #751 on: February 12, 2015, 01:40:02 PM »
Oh, thank you! I forgot to ask before then my teen achieved all her aspiration goals and left me in a panic. I'll remember to ask questions frequently now  ;D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #752 on: February 13, 2015, 10:40:16 AM »
Well Dynasties = bloodline and natural pregnancies. It's not that the team is making any kind of social statement on gays because we're not.

I understand how it is, Metro. When you commit to the Immortal Dynasty, or any Dynasty(hint hint: Please put up another Dynasty challenge soon!  The Life States Dynasty was my favorite challenge in TS3, but I know you can't do it now because we haven't gotten any expansions yet so please let us know when the next challenge is coming! ;D), you must make compromises or sacrifice things that you like to follow the rules - I would love to have a wedding park in Oasis Springs, but I can't do that because rules say that the home lot is the only lot you can have a wedding arch in because editing other lots is banned.

Gay marriages are fine early on because you have room but once you hit Generation 5, you have to limit additions which will add more immortals(aka true weddings and pregnancies) and once you hit Gen 7, if you have a boy, you have to give them a sex change so they can get pregnant outside of wedlock, and Gen 8 can't have any babies at all! I can see why some Immortal Dynasties have the final Immortal become gay, because if they can't be pregnant anyways, the closest romance you'll have is a boyfriend or girlfriend.

But when the challenge ends, you'll sit back and take a snapshot of all eight of your old-as-dirt immortals sitting in a line before their house, smiling because "You're done, congrats." And if you're going for HoF(I never do because I can never get over using testingcheats to keep needs up  :-[ ) you'll get your picture in the Hall of Fame and join the ranks of the Elite. So, as one Youtuber would say, "We're playing for high stakes - risky business for risky rewards."  ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Dellena

« Reply #753 on: February 13, 2015, 11:57:09 AM »
We're allowed to use the parks as cemetaries.  I was wondering, just asthetic reasons alone, can we create a little area in the part for the headstones?  Seems really lonely them just sitting on the grass alone.  Just a bit of fencing and plants/flowers?  Nothing game breaking or anything like that.   Just to be a bit more respectful to the dead.  I know I wouldn't have buried my own mother, rest her soul, just out in some grass by herself.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #754 on: February 13, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »
I always did feel a bit mean for not letting heirs have same sex relationship but I've never been past gen 7 in TS3 but reading Trip's Eight Ways has shown me you can do it without adding to the household.

@Dellena It most probably won't be. I'm happy keeping graves on my lot, for some reason Geoffrey Landgraabs visits every other night and the rest of the ghosts are happy if they show up once a week.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #755 on: February 13, 2015, 08:49:30 PM »
What happens when you "Release spirit to the netherworld"?  I just had Bella Goth die 4 times and be resurrected by pleading with Grim 3 times.  Now she's gone, her tombstone is in the park, but I want to know if she becomes a ghost there or if releasing her spirit means all that is left is a tombstone.  My dynasty family won't be the same without her there.

Did you ever notice that if Grim hangs around in a house chatting with folks everything starts to break and you can't do things like cook or get a meal?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #756 on: February 13, 2015, 10:24:13 PM »
Joria, I don't know if you knew this, but I'm pretty sure pleading with Grim is illegal in the ID... :(

And I do believe that releasing the spirit leaves only the tombstone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »
Unless I'm missing it somewhere, there's nothing in the rules or the changes made that says pleading with grim is banned. But we can wait to hear from the mods on this.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2015, 11:20:40 PM »
Unless I'm missing it somewhere, there's nothing in the rules or the changes made that says pleading with grim is banned. But we can wait to hear from the mods on this.

I didn't see anything in the rules about it.  You just can't use youth potion or life enhancing stuff.  In any case, they only live one day longer if they are dying of old age.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #759 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:04 AM »
Pleading to Grim is essentially life extention IMO. So, the answer is no. But, let's see what the other team members say.

This is from page 6 or 7, after I had asked about pleading.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #760 on: February 14, 2015, 12:31:12 AM »
It's on page 9 it's a definite no-no from all. Sorry   

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #761 on: February 14, 2015, 12:55:58 AM »
Yeah, I asked the same thing a while back and was told that pleading/using death flowers are both considered life extensions.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #762 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:35 AM »
Yeah, I asked the same thing a while back and was told that pleading/using death flowers are both considered life extensions.

True for mortal non-family members, or just for dynasty members?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #763 on: February 14, 2015, 05:43:17 AM »
Is it okay to beg for life when a non-dynasty household Sim dies?  The standard action, not with deathflower.

That's life extension in my opinion which is not allowed for any household member. Let's see what the other team members say too.

I just went through the past replies, it looks like this was asked before and got the same answer.  It should be clarified in the rules.

It should be, but I agree with Metro. It's life extension no matter the circumstances.

Here's what I asked for and got in response on page 25.  I think (yet again...) that this should be clarified in the rules.  Given that it's been asked at least 3 times now it's safe to assume that some people don't naturally think of pleading with grim as a life extension.

My recommendation... move this line: "Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), or any other methods of extending life." to the general rules section so it's not buried elsewhere, and modify it to:  "Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), attempt to prevent grim from reaping a Sim in any way, or any other methods of extending life.  The sole exception is giving ambrosia to dynasty heirs, described below."
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #764 on: February 14, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »
Here's what I asked for and got in response on page 25.  I think (yet again...) that this should be clarified in the rules.  Given that it's been asked at least 3 times now it's safe to assume that some people don't naturally think of pleading with grim as a life extension.

My recommendation... move this line: "Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), or any other methods of extending life." to the general rules section so it's not buried elsewhere, and modify it to:  "Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), attempt to prevent grim from reaping a Sim in any way, or any other methods of extending life.  The sole exception is giving ambrosia to dynasty heirs, described below."

I agree, dethdukk.  Meanwhile I'm going to wait for a final say so from the team members before I once again restart this dynasty.  I'd gotten quite a bit done and not sure I'd even bother to redo a dynasty after so many attempts, and then a possible failure for something not specifically mentioned in the rules.  I do read and re-read the rules but I simply don't have time to troll through every post to find something obscure.  I guess my argument against it being a game breaker is the fact you only get ONE DAY of extended life  and there isn't a whole lot they could do that would seriously affect the game play or challenge in one day.  If it was for the spouse of the founder or heir it would be different but for a random household member I don't think it would matter.  Or I could merely play it out and once again not make the HOF.

----------
My No Buy Story