Author Topic: How do I "Have an Adult Make a Toast?"  (Read 106676 times)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
How do I "Have an Adult Make a Toast?"
« on: November 04, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »
How do I "Have an Adult Make a Toast" at a birthday party? I've tried clicking on a bunch of things, and I never get that option.

Thanks for your help!

Offline BzGoose

• Nooboo
Re: How do I "Have an Adult Make a Toast?"
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21456.0 
I struggled with making a toast at first as well. You have to tell an adult sim to drink a drink. While the drink is in their hand you then click on the sim you want to make a toast and it becomes an option. I got really lost with this cause I was thinking well if they drink it how can they toast but thats how you do it!

The search function is your friend!  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 06:29:52 PM »
lol @ BzGoose!

yeah, basically once your controlled sim has a glass in their hand you can then click another sim and choose the 'make a toast option. If that doesn't work (and sometimes it doesn't) you have to manipulate it so there are two sims both with drinks, then click on the other sim with a drink.... make a toast!
If all else fails... wait until both sims have had a least one sip.... then click for the 'make a toast' option.
I think it's a wee bit glitchy. Sometimes it easy to do... other times it seems to take a bit of manipulation. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 05:03:55 AM »
I went to answer this and realized technically I already had lol. I was going to add what playalot said. I recently tried to toast and literally finished every task for the party except toasting. I finally got it but it was a chore.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »
@BzGoose, thank you! I finally got it to work. I was under the impression that the search function was only working for The Sims 3 part of this forum, and also, whenever I try to use it, it only brings up Sims 3 results. I posted a question about the search function somewhere on here, but I can't find it right now haha. So, sorry for the repeat post.

@Playalot and @justproud2b, it does feel a little bit glitchy. I had the same thing happen where it was the last thing I needed in order to get gold at a birthday party, and I had failed to do it the time before.

It's hard to get 2 sims drinking at the same time. One usually sits down and sets the glass down "in between sips." I had to wait for him to pick it back up again and pause the game so I could get the "make toast" option. Once it works though, it's kind of neat. The other guests do gather around a bit.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 05:44:40 PM »
@BzGoose, thank you! I finally got it to work. I was under the impression that the search function was only working for The Sims 3 part of this forum, and also, whenever I try to use it, it only brings up Sims 3 results. I posted a question about the search function somewhere on here, but I can't find it right now haha. So, sorry for the repeat post.

@Playalot and @justproud2b, it does feel a little bit glitchy. I had the same thing happen where it was the last thing I needed in order to get gold at a birthday party, and I had failed to do it the time before.

It's hard to get 2 sims drinking at the same time. One usually sits down and sets the glass down "in between sips." I had to wait for him to pick it back up again and pause the game so I could get the "make toast" option. Once it works though, it's kind of neat. The other guests do gather around a bit.

Since this day I haven't been able to get it to work once  >:( In my opinion it is very glitchy  :P I tried all the things above. It's a good thing it doesn't always pop up as a requirement at parties, otherwise I would never have had a gold medal party lol.