Author Topic: Potions of Youth and Ambrosia  (Read 10732 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Potions of Youth and Ambrosia
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:38:51 AM »
Potions of Youth cost 1500 aspiration points. So if you are eating an ambrosia portion every two weeks...

How does anyone get enough of these if you are doing an immortal dynasty?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Potions of Youth and Ambrosia
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:01:08 AM »
I'm not doing the dynasty, but I'm thinking that you would want to keep your immortals doing whims in order for then to get enough points to sustain their own immortality.  Normally it's pretty easy to make enough points for them if you're playing a Sim who isn't currently buying other rewards.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
I'm not playing TS4, but I read that non-immortals in the family can contribute to the stash. Start saving up early, I guess.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »
When I get the notification that a non-immortal is nearing the end, I go through the aspirations and glean points that way, then invest in potions of youth.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »
It becomes easier the further into the dynasty you get. Everyone in the house can contribute once a sim is immortal so I'm only at about gen 4 and I have enough potions for not only the sims that are currently immortal but also the next 3 gens as well. Farming the whims amounts to quite surprising amounts of points if you are consistent in granting the whims as part of your game-play.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline natashaspy

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »
I am doing immortal sims and found that, using the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat and then typing debug in the search I could find Essence of Life. I stashed about 10 in each sims inventory and the game finally gave up and stopped aging them at all. Essence of Life works the same as the Youth Potion. It takes you back to the beginning of the stage, so my sims always have 80 days until they age up. Hope this helps.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »
That won't help for a dynasty though, as you can't use buydebug.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline natashaspy

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »
You can't use buydebug in The Sims 4 but you can use debug. Once you type bb.showhiddenobjects you go down to the Search line and type in debug. A whole list of **DEBUG** will show up. Pick one and type in Essence of Life and it will take you there. Does that work or not because you don't have direct control over your whole dynasty. Well, you can though because you can play any character in The Sims 4. It may be a bit of a pain but it is cheaper than buying the Youth Potion for everyone. There is also a mod by Shimrod I believe that reduces the prices of the rewards so it is only 200 for all the mood potions. I believe it is the same or less for the youth one. I am big into immortal, too, but I am not a huge fan of kids so I don't do dynasties. I know I'm missing out but my garden is enough work.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 04:43:26 PM »
I am aware of the cheat and all, I was wondering specifically about dynasties.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:18 PM »
@Lisa46

For dynasties, if you are using potion of youth to make ambrosia, the potion of youth doesn't have to be bought by the heir.  You can have the spouse buy it, or your 2nd generation heir's spouse buy it, or whoever is in your dynasty that has extra points to buy it.

Your post ambrosia heir can still continue doing whims and partial aspirations (make sure don't complete them) for points to help out with potion of youth.  I find cooking and painting aspirations gives out a lot of relevant whims.  If you have the master chef aspiration, you get a lot of cook this cook that whims.  If you have the painter aspiration, you get a lot of paint this paint that whims.  Curator aspiration is not bad too, it gives a find this find that whims that worth 100 points - I am usually too lazy to do this aspiration.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 07:51:37 PM »
Thank you!

Offline MLMII

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 10:32:06 PM »
Question, does the legacy challenge allow using a Cowplant to extend the time between needing to cook Ambrosia?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
No form of life extension other than the ambrosia is allowed, so I'm assuming no.