Author Topic: Does the frugal reward stack?  (Read 32917 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Does the frugal reward stack?
« on: February 27, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »
Does anyone know if you get the frugal reward on more than one Sim, does it reduce the bills 25% each time, or does only the first reduction apply?

Offline TurdlyPoop

• Nooboo
Re: Does the frugal reward stack?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:54:07 AM »
I'm wondering the same thing.

I found this thread via a Google search, so instead of posting again I'll just resurrect this one. Is that okay? :P
My forum name is my cat's name. :3 Trust me, when she was a kitten she was quite mischievous and she earned the name. Though she's not much of a turd any more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 10:58:16 AM »
I'd love to know this as well!  Additionally, I'd like to know if it matters who has the reward in the family.  I had one couple where the wife had the reward and not the husband.  I thought the bills were still too high, so I purchased it on him as well, and they lowered.  I had another couple in a similar situation where purchasing it on her reduced appropriately, but I never had enough points to purchase it on him as well.  Does anyone have experience testing this out?  Is there any way to know what the bills will be before they arrive, or do we have to wait until next week to see the difference?

Offline TurdlyPoop

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »
I'd like to think it stacks, but like discounts at outlet stores (the only analogy I can think of).

So if your bills are $100, and one sim has frugal, then it's $75.
But if two have it, then it's $56.25 (25% off of the $75)

And so on.

I guess I could make a household, cheat the reward, and let them free will it while I wait to find out. :P

I think I'll do that.

I'm a little bored with my current game at the moment any way... And they have a §13,000 bill and only §9,000 at the moment... It's like I only paint to pay bills. :P
My forum name is my cat's name. :3 Trust me, when she was a kitten she was quite mischievous and she earned the name. Though she's not much of a turd any more.

Offline TurdlyPoop

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
Just updating. It works exactly as I suspected it would.

My lot value when bills were due was §19,163.

With 4 frugal sims the bill was §121.

It should have been §383 with no frugal sims.

The game calculates bills as shown in this post.

So the formula is

y=x×0.75n

y=final bill cost
x=bill cost according to this post
n=number of frugal sims in your household

Not sure if my mathematical notation up there is 100% correct, but it works. :P

:D Enjoy

Edit: I decided to edit to add this easy list. (All percentages are rounded)

1 frugal sim=25% discount
2 frugal sims=44% discount
3 frugal sims=58% discount
4 frugal sims=68% discount
5 frugal sims=76% discount
6 frugal sims=82% discount
7 frugal sims=87% discount
8 frugal sims=90% discount

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 04:34:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing! Great info :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 05:13:04 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I've been wondering about the answer ever since I posted it originally.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TurdlyPoop

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »
I'm glad a few people found it helpful! :D

Now that I understand how the frugal reward stacks, I feel like it's one of the most underrated rewards in the game, especially for large families and challenges!

In my own experience, my challenge households become VERY rich, and have bills around §25,000 by the second or third generation. So, bringing a §25,000 bill down to §2,500 saves someone from having to paint a whole day or two! That means they can focus on their needs and aspirations!

Currently, I completed the runaway teen challenge, but have been playing it out because I love this family. My only rule now is to not cheat. On the day she would turn elder, I fed her a youth potion because I don't want her to be old yet. I'm going to try to have her complete every aspiration, and complete at least 1 aspiration for every Sim who enters the household! :O

So, thank you frugal trait for now giving me enough time to make sure she's in the right mood for her current job! :D

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 10:15:19 AM »
Thanks so much for doing the research!  In light of the stacking, I agree that it's a really underrated reward.  I'll be putting priority on it now.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
Yeah frugal is still nice to have to be honest even if you are a single sim living in a mansion. if we combine it with fabulously wealthy aspiration that gives you percentage money every week, we would never worry about bills again.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »
This is really great to know.  I just paid a whopping several thousand simoleons bill.  Reminded me of our current property tax bill but no way in RL to reduce it now the kids are all gone.  :'(
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery