Author Topic: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 21092 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Gen 5 5/10)
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »
Nerrise is so cute! I love her "I just pulled a trick" face.

Cristina

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »
I love Nerrise. Her fights with Natasha are really funny. Oh and Jaden is very attractive. I can't wait to see Sam  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline goldenwanderer

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 11:10:37 PM »
Interlude 5: Hijinks

It began (as far as I know) with Nerisse. Scaring people, that is.

And, well, it's mostly still Nerisse. I thought more members of the family had gotten in on this, but almost all my pictures feature Nerisse as the perpetrator. So there's that.

"Be vewwy quiet. I'm hunting gweat-gwandma Hewena."

And so it begins.

Jalaso, the Mean-Spirited one in the family, got in on the action next. Scaring his mom, of course.

"I am so awesome!"

"You should have seen your face!"

Natasha was the next target. When she was talking to Jaden in her underwear, no less.

"I was vastly underprepared for that!"

Ah, the joy that comes from scaring your great-great grandmother senseless.

"Grandpa thinks he can scare people as good as I can? Well let's see how he likes it."

She got Natasha again, outside this time.

You'd think a woman who's worked with ghosts for over ten years would be used to frightening things by now.

This is a new approach. Sneak up from in front of them.

Really not sure if this is going to work, honey.

And yet...

"OMIGOD I DID NOT SEE YOU THERE WHAT IS GOING ON."

She even managed to sneak up on her daughter-in-law (whom you'll meet officially later).

"Boo!"

"Aw, yeah. Who da best?"

Coming soon: What you've been waiting for: Jaden and all the Savidges. Seriously, all of them. Plus, eventually, Sam's update.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Update 5/29)
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2015, 05:43:22 AM »
Those faces are priceless, so funny.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Cristina

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 06:04:15 AM »
I love their scared reactions. Can't wait for your next update  :D

Offline goldenwanderer

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 05:12:26 PM »
Interlude 6: He's a Heartbreaker

If you thought Ian Savidge (husband of Cailyn, father of Nerisse, and seductee of Natasha) was bad, think again. Meet Jaden Savidge, resident bad boy musician, and favorite of everyone in the Savidge household.

And I do mean everyone.

As you might recall, it started (oddly enough) with Helena, whose first attempt at flirting failed. It all went downhill from there.

Not to be outdone by her daughter, Natasha tried it next. And to no one's surprise, she was successful.

And this is the face he made when Natasha broke it off with him. Honey, you don't want to mixed up with this one, trust me.

Helena tried flirting with him again later, this time in her underwear. No kiss, but the flirting was more successful this time.

Jalaso didn't actually use any flirting interactions, per se, but if this isn't showing off for a goregous guy, I don't know what is.

Next, Jaden started dancing with Cailyn. It's a big deal, since it's Cailyn's go-to thing.

It seemed innocent at first...

...and then it really wasn't.

All of this eventually set Jal off, and kicked in his usually-dormant Mean-Spirited trait.

"Stay away from my grandma! And my mom! And my daughter!"

"What's your problem? They're all hitting on me, too, remember? It takes at least two to tango."

Sometime after Jaden got kicked out, I decided to send Helena to the local club, so she could bite her first victim. And yes, it was generation 6 already and my resident vampire had only ever eaten human food and plasma orange juice.

When she got to the club, look who was already there.

"We meet again."

So, for the heck of it...

...I let Jaden be her first.

"Wow, that was good. Why haven't I been out biting people before this?

"I don't know, but could you do it again? That was hot."

He apparently liked it so much, he called to ask her out. Creepy, dude. Just creepy.

Coming soon: The generation 6 update. Sam's in the middle of raising the gen 7 heir right now, but he'll take some time off to show his life to you.

Cristina

Re: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Update 6/6)
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2015, 08:09:01 AM »
OMG I love Jaden. He's just so weird. It's brilliant  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline goldenwanderer

• Nooboo
Re: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Update 6/6)
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2015, 01:02:34 PM »

Generation 6: Sam Savidge
You people are all crazy!

Poor Sam nearly didn't get to finish out his requirements, thanks to a save game error early in his young adulthood. Fortunately, I was able to recover a backup save file (only losing Sam's wife's trip to France, which was repeated) and the Savidges were not lost forever.

Sam's traits: Loves the Heat, Brave, Snob, Good, Green Thumb, Artistic (Degree)

Growing Up
    Sam was the older of two children, but he and his sister Jessica didn't spend a lot of time together growing up. Sam mostly kept busy being smothered by all the parental figures in his life.

And he quickly learned how to walk around in his underwear, like everyone else in the family.

Sometime during his child or teen years, Sam rolled the Celebrated Five-Star Chef LTW. Since there was plenty of family vacation time available, I decided to send Sam to college for two weeks, making him the first in the family to actually receive a degree.

Eleanore Mund

Eleanore's traits: Couch Potato, Perfectionist, Computer Whiz, Good, Hot-Headed

Decently attractive, for a werewolf.

Sam went to college to get a boost to his future culinary career. But also, like Jalaso before him, he needed to find a girlfriend. And apparently, while Moonlight Falls is filled with good-looking guys, it's rather lacking for pretty ladies. At least, ones who are also werewolves.

It wasn't easy finding one at university, either. But, finally, Sam stumbled upon Eleanore. She's not the most interesting spouse in the world, but her traits aren't terrible, she looks halfway decent, and she wasn't an elder when Sam met her. (He met quite a few elders at university; most of his dormmates were able to keel over and die.)

She did this when she transformed, at college. Fortunately, the lack of a face cleared up when she moved in with Sam back in Moonlight Falls.

Eleanore joined the sports career upon joining the Savidge family, though she never got very far. It's probably the Couch Potato thing.

When her werewolf daughter was a child, Eleanore spontaneously flirted with someone online, to the point that she developed a romantic interest. Without thinking, I had her immediately send a break-up text, hoping to end that relationship before it started. Except, she broke up with Sam instead. Oops. Helena was able to salvage their relationship to some degree, using her social networking skill. But at that point, Eleanore was really just in the way. She'd fulfilled her duties already, so I kicked her out early.

Top Chef
    Sam became the family chef, cooking like crazy every chance he got. For a long time, the Savidges had more food in their fridge than they knew what to do with. Sam even learned the recipes for the foreign foods, thanks to Eleanore's short trips overseas.

Something smells delicious...

Nectar-Maker
    Thanks to his Snob trait, Sam also became a nectar-maker. My very first nectar-maker, I might add. It was a new experience for me, as much as for Sam. His top bottles were "Number 1" and "Brilliance."

Die, grapes, die!

I had finally gotten rid of the stupid garden, and I had to start one again. Helena happily obliged, but I was not thrilled with the situation.

Oops. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Just a Little Freaked Out
    Sam didn't roll Neurotic or anything like that, but he certainly knew how to fuss over things. Maybe it's the Snob thing; I don't know.

He also inherited the great faces from his grandpa Ian and dad Jaden.

"Why do I have to make nectar all day? It's so much work!"

The puppy-dog face won't help you... much.

"I'm gonna be the best chef in the world!"

"Uh huh, kid. Sure you are."

"Ohmygod, Mom!"

"Take that, sucker!"

And when his wife was about to give birth...

...Sam freaked out, and Eleanore calmly made the bed.

"The baby's coming! The baby's coming!"

"I know, sweetie. Now move, please, I need to make your side of the bed before we go."

Post-Requirements
    Whenever I remember to make food, Sam's the one to do it. He hasn't touched his nectar-making machines since his kids were born, but they're still there. The garden, on the other hand, is long gone. Sam spends much of his time getting picked on by one or other of his family members (mostly Nerisse, and sometimes Jal, to no one's surprise).

Stats
  • Traits: Loves the Heat, Brave, Snob, Good, Green Thumb, Artistic (Degree)
  • Lifetime Wish: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
  • Career: Culinary
  • Partner: Eleanore Mund (Werewolf)
  • Offspring: Alina (Imaginary Friend), Irene (Werewolf)
  • Toddler: Best Friends Both Parents, Painting Books, Xylophone
  • Child: Honor Roll, Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest
  • Teen: Romantic Interest Gator Wolff, Honor Roll, Mausoleum Clerk Level 3
  • 1 Best Friend: Terrell Colon (Fairy)
  • 2 Career Rewards: Ingredient Eviscerator 235x, Cooking Certificate
  • 3 Unique Opportunities: That's Outstanding!, Learn a Recipe, Art Class
  • 4 Unique LTRs: Born to Cook, Strong Stomach, Eye Candy, Dirt Defiant
  • 5 5k+ Wishes: Complete a Degree, Master Cooking Skill, Marry Eleanore, Master Nectar Making Skill, Have First Child
  • 6 Unique Skill Challenges: Menu Maven, Mix Master, Star Chef, Flavorful Feet, Nectar Master, World-Class Chef
  • 7 Mausoleum Pieces: Bottles of "Brilliance" (Nectar)
  • Vacation Days Used: 14

Sam's section of the family mauseoleum.

Children
    Sam and Eleanore's first child was, unfortunately for me, an Imaginary Friend. Poor Alina had almost no time to grow up; I managed to age her to young adult in a little over a Sim week. But it had to be done; she had to make room for her little sister, Irene, the seventh and final heir of the family.

Generation 7 Spares

Alina Savidge: Hates the Outdoors, Neurotic, Dog Lover, Angler, Absent-Minded

Lived the shortest life of any Savidge to date. Ah well. Her traits are terrible, anyway.

Coming Soon: Irene Savidge is still in the middle of her requirements. But soon enough she'll be done and I'll start working on her update. Also, she might eventually produce some nooboos for future Savidge shenanigans. Who knows?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Gen 6 6/21)
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2015, 04:13:57 PM »
Wow, almost done!

And if there are future Savidge shenanigans...do tell. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Cristina

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2015, 05:48:26 PM »
I love Sam's facial expressions! Can't wait for Irene and any possible future "shenanigans"  :D

Offline goldenwanderer

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2015, 09:16:58 PM »
Interlude 7: Another Reminder That This Family Is Insane
But also adorable.

We're getting close to the end now. And before Irene takes the stage, here's a few pictures.

One day, Helena did this, out of the blue, in the middle of the yard...

...and I'm not sure I've ever loved her more.

Natasha, meanwhile, continues with the string of momentary lovers.

Ghostly and otherwise.

This woman will kiss anyone.

Cailyn tries to get her dad to exercise. He doesn't look so thrilled about it.

And one of my favorite pictures...

Natasha, the founder, cradling generation seven heir, Irene.

Coming soon: Generation 7 shows up to round out the challenge. Plus, in all likelihood, an epilogue of some kind, featuring some random Savidge family stats (like exactly how many people Natasha has kissed in her lifetime).

Cristina

Re: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Update 7/7)
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 05:58:37 AM »
That last picture was so cute! I can't wait for your next post  :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 10:27:32 AM »
That really is a sweet picture, but I wonder how Irene would feel if Natasha came on to any partners she may have  ;)

Offline goldenwanderer

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 12:28:38 AM »

Generation 7: Irene Savidge
She's a rebel.

As the last heir of the family, Irene got some of the leftover skills and wishes, none of which really matched her traits. But, after some hard work, she managed to pull it off.

Irene's traits: Brave, Couch Potato, Genius, Natural Cook, Rebellious (Rebel), Childish

Growing Up
    Irene grew up in a house with six parental figures (minus her actual mother, who accidentally dumped Sam, then moved out before Irene's child birthday). Also, the Savidge family is a big house full of nerds. It's little wonder, then, that Irene went a different direction and put all her effort into becoming a certifiable rebel.

Also, by this point, I was about ready to be done with the challenge. Despite the house remodel/downsize in gen 5, the file takes at least 15 or 20 minutes to load. And looking after all the Savidges is a bit tiring after a while. So, as soon as she could, Irene started busily working on her requirements.

Little werewolf trying to hunt... inside.

"Struggling" Artist

Irene decided to focus on artistic pursuits, despite having no traits to help her out. Unfortunately, painting and sculpting were already taken, so she had to do street art, photography, and guitar instead. She even went into an art career; thanks to her rebel influence, she became an art appraiser. She might have fit the title "struggling artist," if not for her family's 9,000,000+ simoleons.

Decorating the family bedroom with graffiti.

Entertaining the family with her guitar skills. It doesn't pay well,  but it keeps them occupied.

At the Toadstool downtown, where Irene made most of her tips.

She seemed to have more fun playing when she was in her werewolf state.

Look how mellow she is by comparison, when in human form.

Partners

Going into Irene's young adult years, I knew I wanted her to eventually produce a couple of nooboos, for possible future Savidge adventures. So I kept an eye out for any potential matches.

The first guy she fell for was Joseph Maggs, an ordinary Sim who loved to watch her play her guitar at the art gallery, or wherever he could find her. After lots of talking and flirting, Irene and Joseph eventually became engaged.

Then disaster struck. One day, while Irene was playing her guitar at the Toadstool, Joseph became incredibly hungry. But, unable to stop watching, he did nothing about it. Suddenly, the Grim Reaper was arriving, taking Irene's poor fiance away forever. Irene moved the gravestone to her home lot, because when have Savidges ever had issues making out with ghosts? But it soon vanished, and even ghost Joseph was no longer an option.

(This was also annoying for me; I lost the 5000-point Marry Joseph wish when he died, and the wishes were the trouble for me this generation.)

Sadly, the only photo I got of Joseph was the day he died. Ah well. He would have made such pretty babies, too.

After Joseph, Irene went with Plan B: get a magic lamp and marry a genie.

Then, a surprise: the genie was a woman. For any other generation, this would have been a problem. But not for Irene. Once she's finished her work, the dynasty will be officially over, and she can have as many mod-possible nooboos as she wants. Also, Jamie's gorgeous, and Irene's nothing if not a rebel.

Jamie's traits: Social Butterfly, Clumsy, Natural Cook, Diva, Lucky

Now we wait to see if Natasha will go for her or not.

I love these two so much. They're no Cailyn and Ian, but they're still adorable.

Apparently, Sam thinks so too. The first time they woohooed, Sam walked in after them and watched. You do realize that's your daughter and her girlfriend, right, Sam?

Post-Requirements
    Irene hasn't exactly had much time to herself, since she's the last heir of the dynasty. So far she's mostly been busy raising her nooboos, now that she's finally done running around town playing guitar for tips, painting the sidewalks, and snapping photos of police cars. Now, if she can shake off the rest of the family, maybe she can finally develop those werewolf abilities she's been neglecting.

Out hunting, for real.

Stats
  • Traits: Brave, Couch Potato, Genius, Natural Cook, Rebellious (Rebel), Childish
  • Lifetime Wish: Leader of the Pack
  • Career: Art Appraiser
  • Partner: Jamie Wicks (Genie)
  • Offspring: Marsh (Werewolf), Owen (Werewolf), Toby (Genie), Phaedra (Werewolf), Luke (Genie), Talia (Genie)
  • Toddler: Best Friends Both Parents, Painting Books, Writing Books
  • Child: Honor Roll, Pile of Permission Slips
  • Teen: Romantic Interest Waylon Wolff, Honor Roll, Mausoleum Clerk Level 3
  • 1 Best Friend: Brandon Laverick (Fairy)
  • 2 Career Rewards: Village No. 7 (painting), The Prince of Pickleburp (painting)
  • 3 Unique Opportunities: Commissioned Street Art, Fixing the Books, I Got Your Back…Up
  • 4 Unique LTRs: Multi-Tasker, Alpha Wolf, Rebel Influence, Dusty Old Lamp
  • 5 5k+ Wishes: Master Street Art Skill, Master Photography Skill, Master Guitar Skill, Marry Jamie, Earn 5000 Simoleons in Tips
  • 6 Unique Skill Challenges: Master Muralist, Precision Sprayer, Architectural Eye, Photog, Always Wanted, Master Guitarist
  • 7 Mausoleum Pieces: Street Art
  • Vacation Days Used: 1

Irene's section of the family mauseoleum.

Children
    Once her requirements were complete and the challenge was over and I could turn my mods back on, I let Irene and her wife have a few nooboos of their own. They promptly had a set of triplets, all boys, without having consumed a single apple. Which, looking at the family history, was kind of astounding. Then, just for the heck of it, they had another set of triplets: two girls and a boy.

Jamie, newly popped, carrying hers and Irene's triplet sons.

Altogether, Irene and Jamie had three werewolf and three genie nooboos. All with a mix of skin, hair, and eye colors. So far the oldest boys are children, so there isn't much to say about any of them. But is there potential for a new challenge with one of them? Maybe so...

Generation 8

Marsh Savidge: Brave, Easily Impressed, No Sense of Humor

Owen Savidge: Eccentric, Evil, Virtuoso

Toby Savidge: Grumpy, Genius, Party Animal

Phaedra Savidge: Clumsy, Perceptive

Luke Savidge: Perceptive, Evil

Talia Savidge: Loves the Heat, Excitable

Coming Soon: The epilogue of this part of the Savidge saga. Will include some final pictures and some miscellaneous statistics, to round out this challenge.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Barely Even Human: The Savidge Life States Dynasty (Gen 7 7/19)
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2015, 04:06:30 AM »
Irene is wild as werewolf, I loved her guitar playing and hunting inside as a child. I find the last heir is always the hardest, congrats for pulling through!

anything