Author Topic: party animal aspiration help  (Read 11913 times)

Offline Dressagelover

• Nooboo
party animal aspiration help
« on: March 27, 2015, 04:28:31 AM »
Hi,
Im looking into the different aspirations and the party animal one posed some questions so here goes to any knowledgeable, kind person... whats the difference between social events and parties? And how are you invited to social events? Does this just come with having lots of friends because its never happened to me before.
Finally fyi I dont have outdoor retreat.
Hope someone can help thanks!
Dressagrlover

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: party animal aspiration help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:03:35 AM »
Hi,
Im looking into the different aspirations and the party animal one posed some questions so here goes to any knowledgeable, kind person... whats the difference between social events and parties? And how are you invited to social events? Does this just come with having lots of friends because its never happened to me before.
Finally fyi I dont have outdoor retreat.
Hope someone can help thanks!
Dressagrlover

My sims aren't the most sociable, so I don't do this aspiration much, but I have recently. Social events are any of the options that come up in the menu when you set up a social event from your phone, plus dates. When the aspiration specifies 'party' rather than social event then you need to choose one from the menu that actually says 'party'. Weddings and weenie roasts (I think they're called, these are a foreign concept to me!), dates and anything else not listed as a party don't count for it.

You never get invited to other people's social events, but if you throw an event you are counted as attending it.
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Cristina

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:10:53 AM »
Thank you for the clarification, I was wondering about that aspiration myself so that was very helpful.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:10:47 PM »
Weddings and weenie roasts (I think they're called, these are a foreign concept to me!),

A "weenie roast" is basically a gathering of people around a campfire where you cook hot dogs, or weiners, over the fire, usually on a long stick.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 01:18:51 AM »
A "weenie roast" is basically a gathering of people around a campfire where you cook hot dogs, or weiners, over the fire, usually on a long stick.

...and if you're doing this in The Sims 4, be prepared to burn half your guests to a singe  ;) :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Dressagelover

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 09:44:21 AM »
Thanks so much guys especially callycat :D

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:31:31 PM »
Is it necessary to see all of the parties through till the end? I'm only familiar with the 'dating' side of things - not actual parties - and I know you can stop a date when you've reached your medal goal.
I also wondered: if you throw a birthday party for someone not belonging to your household, how do you get birthday boy or birthday girl to blow out the candles?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:54:33 PM »
Is it necessary to see all of the parties through till the end? I'm only familiar with the 'dating' side of things - not actual parties - and I know you can stop a date when you've reached your medal goal.
I also wondered: if you throw a birthday party for someone not belonging to your household, how do you get birthday boy or birthday girl to blow out the candles?
You can also end parties once you get the medal you want.  I'm not sure if it works to have a birthday party for someone not in the household, but it might since I know you can age them up if they're not in your household, by selecting the cake and choosing the age up option.  For some reason though I'm thinking I tried it with a birthday party and it didn't work, but I'm not certain.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 09:52:22 AM »
You can also end parties once you get the medal you want.  I'm not sure if it works to have a birthday party for someone not in the household, but it might since I know you can age them up if they're not in your household, by selecting the cake and choosing the age up option.  For some reason though I'm thinking I tried it with a birthday party and it didn't work, but I'm not certain.

Thank you, ClayMask. I will try select cake and hope for an age option. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »
...and if you're doing this in The Sims 4, be prepared to burn half your guests to a singe  ;) :P

@Playalot, I remember you remarking in your dynasty challenge (or another thread?) about the high frequency of fires at your weenie roasts.
In another thread, you also mentioned that your sims catch fire while making herbal remedies (this hasn't happened to me yet).
I wonder what the deal is with Outdoor Retreat and fire?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:18 PM »
@Playalot, I remember you remarking in your dynasty challenge (or another thread?) about the high frequency of fires at your weenie roasts.
In another thread, you also mentioned that your sims catch fire while making herbal remedies (this hasn't happened to me yet).
I wonder what the deal is with Outdoor Retreat and fire?

I've always loved camping, hiking, and fishing, and since I live in the great northwest, (Oregon), the outdoor expansion was great for me.  So my Sims go camping every chance they can and still work on skills.  They have NEVER caught fire at a campfire or grilling or cooking. They just enjoy roasting all kinds of things and eating them, including beetles!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 11:48:03 PM »
Hmm, most of my sims haven't caught fire making those herbal remedies but the very first weenie roast my legacy family did was, in hindsight, hilarious as nearly every guest caught fire at some stage as well as three family members (one of which was the next heir).  I don't think I've had a sim catch fire just roasting anything, but to be honest I play so many game files in succession that the details become a bit blurry!

I do know that if you use the interaction 'add a log' too often, or an uncontrolled guest does, then a fire is pretty sure to happen. lol. One easy way to kill a sim by fire, add loads of logs to a fire pit.  ;)

As for the herbal remedies, I'm currently playing a father and son who are in Granite Falls at the moment. Neither of them have caught fire at all during their skilling up and the father is now L10 and has completed the corresponding aspiration and the son is not far behind at L9. My guess is that traits do have an impact rather than skill, but I can't prove that, it's just a hunch.  :)

As a side issue, when throwing the last 10 and 15 social events for the party animal aspiration, you can just throw it, arrive and then end it immediately. I guess it's a kind-of cheat or an exploit but if it's just a fun game and not for scoring/points etc it might be handy to know.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 12:20:17 AM »
As a side issue, when throwing the last 10 and 15 social events for the party animal aspiration, you can just throw it, arrive and then end it immediately. I guess it's a kind-of cheat or an exploit but if it's just a fun game and not for scoring/points etc it might be handy to know.
That's how I've done Party Animal, except recently I've sometimes done it with dates so that it's free.  I never really thought of that as a cheat or exploit, since you're still doing exactly what it asks.  When it asks you to earn a medal, you have to.  If it doesn't ask for a medal, in my opinion anything's fine.