Author Topic: Where in the World is the Granite Falls Hermit?  (Read 7951 times)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Where in the World is the Granite Falls Hermit?
« on: May 23, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »
For my immortal dynasty, I'm having my founder complete the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. I didn't get around to actually going to Granite Falls under the end of her Young Adult lifestage, which is fine and all, except for the fact that when I enter the Deep Woods, there's no Hermit. I thought that i might just be missing/overlooking them, but when I go to my phone it won't let me select "Take Photo With..." or "Take Photo Of..." because, according to the game, there's nobody else on the lot. Has anyone ever had the hermit travel off lot? Is my hermit, like, dead? I know some sims have incredibly short elderhoods, but I feel like there'd be some special exception for the hermit, or if they died the game would just create a new one.

I've only been one trip/vacation to Granite Falls and visited the Deep Woods once. I'm returning tomorrow in-game, so maybe when I go back the hermit will be there. I hope so, because if they didn't it would be awfully inconvenient. It's difficult to befriend a dead person. (At least one who doesn't seem to have left a gravestone and thus has no ghost.)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Where in the World is the Granite Falls Hermit?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 10:22:21 PM »
I'm obviously not sure where your hermit is... but in my dynasty game I've gone through two hermits that I know of anyway. Each time I go the hermit is always hanging around her house or herb garden. The game should produce another hermit when the first one dies.

Usually after I arrive in the hermit's area, if my sims does nothing, the hermit will come over and talk to my sim. To be honest usually cancel this interaction because the elderly hermit walks too slow and my sims have got things to do lol. But try going there and not doing anything to see if the hermit will come over (out of hiding) and talk to your sim, that way you might be able to find the hermit quicker.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:31:15 PM »
Thanks! If I don't see my hermit the next time I enter the Deep Woods, I'll try just waiting for a while. I'm hopeful that the game was just between Hermits and the next time I go there'll be a new one, and that it's not just my game glitching. I admit, I'd be a little salty if I had spent almost a week in Granite Falls for nothing and I couldn't use Outdoor Enthusiast anymore because of a dumb glitch.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:44:16 AM »
I'm just wondering if cleaning out your cache file might help. Sometimes though it cleans out your ghosts too, so that's not so great. But often clearing out the cache file seems to make new townies spawn.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:04:34 AM »
I hope you find your hermit.  I've never had a hermit start out as an elder, but she always looked like one.  If he or she started as an adult, you wouldn't think the hermit would be dead by now.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
Good news! I just returned to the Deep Woods and the hermit is back! (If he ever left in the first place.) Looks like I was worried over nothing.

And ClayMask, I don't think I've ever had the hermit not be an elder. (To be fair, I haven't really been keeping track.) I know this one is an elder, at least.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 01:02:09 PM »
Have you found the cave that is covered in branches that you have to travel to get to the place where the hermit actually lives? The Hermit doesn't live in the Deep Woods so to speak, you will find the entrance to the cave that leads you there in the deep woods.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/worlds/granitefalls-hermit.php

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 02:07:05 PM »
Have you found the cave that is covered in branches that you have to travel to get to the place where the hermit actually lives? The Hermit doesn't live in the Deep Woods so to speak, you will find the entrance to the cave that leads you there in the deep woods.

I had found the cave. Luckily, the hermit was there the next time I entered.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:23 PM »
I hope you find your hermit.  I've never had a hermit start out as an elder, but she always looked like one.  If he or she started as an adult, you wouldn't think the hermit would be dead by now.

That's so interesting, in all my games the hermit is always en elder. I didn't even know that they would be an adult!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 05:44:30 PM »
That's so interesting, in all my games the hermit is always en elder. I didn't even know that they would be an adult!
In my games, the hermit looks like an elder but is an adult.  Are you positive your hermit doesn't just look like an elder?  Have you gone to Granite Falls early in a game ever?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
In my games, the hermit looks like an elder but is an adult.  Are you positive your hermit doesn't just look like an elder?  Have you gone to Granite Falls early in a game ever?

My Hermits have always been elders too

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
@ClayMask , yep, quite a few games it's been pretty much the first thing I've done. They all say elder...for sure. I know this because my sim wanted to try for baby with her...and of course couldn't because she was an elder. lol The rest have always been an elder with that showing when you mouse over them.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »
just out of curiosity, what does the child from the hermit grow up to look like? Is he/she decent looking? I suppose it has to do w/your sim too, but just wondering.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »
@Sonshine The hermit had no set appearance; they're randomly generated, just like townies. Your hermit's gender, appearance and apparently age all depend on the file; you might be looking for an attractive male adult and find a strange looking female elder. Also, I believe that you are unable to move the hermit in, at least with the "Ask to Move In" interaction. I assume you could still have a child with them, so it'd be the same as getting with a random townie, appearance wise.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
@Sonshine The hermit had no set appearance; they're randomly generated, just like townies. Your hermit's gender, appearance and apparently age all depend on the file; you might be looking for an attractive male adult and find a strange looking female elder. Also, I believe that you are unable to move the hermit in, at least with the "Ask to Move In" interaction. I assume you could still have a child with them, so it'd be the same as getting with a random townie, appearance wise.
Your Sim can move in with or marry the hermit, but have to meet up with them in a location that's not Granite Falls.  You even get a hidden achievement for doing this.  All of my hermits have looked similar, and I have seen many of them;  an elderly looking man or woman, always in the same outfit.  Here's a picture of what the female one always looks like in my game.  In this case, I had two hermits simultaneously, which is an unusual situation.

@officialghosts  Have you seen female hermits in your games that look differently than this?

Not sure on your question Sonshine, since I've never had a Sim have children with a hermit.

anything