Author Topic: Gallery Lot Values  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Steellace

• Townie
Gallery Lot Values
« on: June 09, 2015, 01:06:25 PM »
Whenever I download a lot from the gallery, the lot value is always higher in my game than the gallery shows.  For example, I just searched for 20x15 lots with a value of $10-20K.  I picked one out with a value of $17,477.  When I place it in my game, however, the value is now $20,977.  I've had this happen with many different lots.  I'm using the same lot sizes, so that's not the issue.  Also, I tried comparing the backgrounds of the downloads to match them to the original town (and even empty lot) to see if that was causing the increase.  I just can't seem to figure out what's causing it.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone know how to fix it?  I hate downloading a house in the right price range only to find out my sim can't buy it as is.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Gallery Lot Values
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 05:32:01 PM »
The gallery price does not include the lot price.  So the extra 3500 is actually the price of the lot you chose.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:04:44 PM »
I did think about the cost of the lot before I asked, and that actually makes some sense as you can put little houses on big lots.  The gallery can't predict how much the lot will cost because of that.  However, what I'm seeing isn't always just lot-value different.

For example, after posting earlier, I found a 20x15 lot listed for about 6500 and put it on a 20x15 lot.  The value jumped to just under 20k!  If the 3500 in my previous example (actually the same 20x15 lot) had just been the cost of the lot, then this new download would have only jumped to 10k. 

Maybe there's just something weird going on with my game.  I don't have time right now to create a new one and see if the prices are doing the same there.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:18:33 PM »
Hm... That's very odd!  Very odd indeed... Was there CC in that lot?  If there was, the CC might not cost as much, depending on the mesh they used to make it so if you don't have the CC, the game replaces the stuff with similar things.  Other than that, I would suggest maybe repairing your game.  Or clearing caches.  That is definitely a very odd issue.

EDIT: Hm, I just noticed something.  I was checking some lot prices and noticed that different sized lots are different prices in different neighborhoods.  I don't actually know if that was like that before as I didn't really notice, sadly XD  And this probably doesn't have a bearing on your issue, seeing as how it was the same 20X15 lot you were talking about, but just thought I'd share.

anything