Author Topic: Rules: Double Time Dynasty (DTD)  (Read 5402 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Rules: Double Time Dynasty (DTD)
« on: July 25, 2015, 12:02:09 PM »
Double Time Dynasty (DTD)

Introduction
First things first, this challenge is basically a shorter but more intense modification of the Immortal Dynasty (henceforth known as ID) for Sims 4.  The reason for making this modification is for a harder yet shorter challenge, and also for fun!  Rules for the ID challenge can be found here:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22195.0.html

Read those rules first, then any changes to those rules will be listed here.  If there is anything that I haven’t specified, follow the rulings there.  Thanks to Metropolis Man, LenaLJ, ratchie, Blackrosea, Nutella, and Trip for coming up with this awesome challenge, and continuing to handle the tweaks and changes that the game brings!  (If I’ve forgotten anyone, let me know)

Objective
In the ID, the main goal is to complete a set of objectives and following that, eat ambrosia repeatedly until you have eight generations of “Immortals”.  The DTD works the same, except that you need double of each requirement for each immortal, and you only go for four generations instead.  Instead of three maxed skills you need six, instead of two aspirations you need four, etc.  So, the full requirements for an immortal in the DTD are:

- Two maxed careers.

- Four completed, unique aspirations.

- Six skills at level ten.

- Eight unique purchased rewards.

- Ten gold parties. (Same rules apply here, so you will need to do some parties at other locations)

- Ten good friends, one best friend, and one additional friend with whom you have the Become BFF interaction available.  Both best friends must be unique.  (this is 12 friends total)

- One whim of ALL emotions completed.  Should be 14 of them.  (Happy, Playful, Confident, Focused, Inspired, Energized, Flirty, Angry, Bored, Dazed, Sad, Embarrassed, Tense, Uncomfortable).

- Lastly, sixteen museum pieces.  If you completed two or more childhood aspirations and got an A in school as both a child and a teen, you may add four additional museum pieces.

Other Rule modifications
There’s not too many other rules that need to be changed, so I’m putting them all here.

- Fitness aspiration IS available, but only as a unique aspiration.  This is mostly so you can get a little more time for generation one to complete their requirements.  If you don’t use it for gen one, feel free to use it on a different sim.

- Every time a sim needs to eat ambrosia, they must eat two instead of one.

- The challenge ends when your fourth generation Heir turns immortal.

- You may turn a Sim immortal BEFORE they are elder if you have completed their requirements.

- You MAY move Sims into Lots, both from household management and from the gallery.  If you choose to do so, you must not look at or know their traits (unless you learned them through playing the game).

- If you want to add a sim to your household from either the game or the gallery and want to place them into a lot, you must move them into an empty lot, not a house.  If you don’t plan to add those Sims to your household, you may move them into houses.  Any descendants of Sims you placed in houses are fair game.

- If you choose to move Sims into households from the gallery, searching for #legacyloves is a good way to find Sims.

- Your good friends/BFFs do NOT need to be outside the household.

- Because this challenge is only 4 generations long, that leaves you with some extra room in your household.  So, you can choose one sim per generation to turn immortal in addition to your Dynasty sim.  This is entirely optional, and you don’t need to do this.  The extra immortal doesn’t have any requirements to be able to turn immortal.

- If you do choose to turn another Sim immortal, they must be either your Sims spouse, or one of their two unique BFFs. 

- The extra immortal must eat ambrosia at the same time as the dynasty sim they are becoming immortal with, and also require 2 ambrosia per life extension.  Extra immortals count for win/loss conditions. In other words, if any of your extra immortals die, you lose.

Scoring
Scoring works the same as the ID, add up all your museum pieces and the total is your score.  I’ve edited the score sheet LenalJ made for the ID with her permission (thanks!) and posted it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndvlxARmpJVktDf1jfjT4JpsVNWtg5P24gwVBmtU8Rk/edit?usp=sharing

Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: Rules: Double Time Dynasty (DTD)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
(Saving for future use)
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »
The Uncomfortable Mood has no whims. Just saying. Still, this is extremely hardcore. I'd be surprised if anyone completed it!
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 02:38:30 AM »
I was privileged to be asked to test run this with Dethdukk and it is indeed challenging but entirely possible to complete. In some ways it is easier than the original dynasty as you only have four generations to work through so it is a lot quicker to do. I'll have to check out the uncomfortable moodlet. I was pretty sure that you do get whims but I may be thinking of the tense moodlet...
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 04:19:16 PM »
Hey, quick update on this:  I'm actually going to do a DTD myself.  I know, its been a while...  but I wanted something new to play with while I was doing it, so now that the get together XP is out, it seems like a good time!  I'll be posting a story as I go, showing where I'm at and my strategy throughout the challenge.  Hopefully I make it, it would be somewhat embarrassing to fail my own challenge, heh.  Wish me luck!  I'll edit the first post with a link once I've gotten a few chapters in.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

anything