Author Topic: How to know when plants are close to evolving.  (Read 1948 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
How to know when plants are close to evolving.
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »
I haven't messed with gardening a whole lot but today I noticed something interesting that I hadn't seen mentioned before. It may have been and I just overlooked it tho.
I noticed when hovering my cursor over a plant that in the description box that pops up is a picture of a potted flower and I noticed that the number of pedals on the flower is a reference to how close the plant is to being ready to evolve. I haven't watched it enough yet to know if the number of missing pedals indicate days or not tho.

Like this plant has most of it's pedals so it will be ready to evolve soon

This one has all it's pedals and is ready to evolve now

This is one I just evolved to the next stage is just has about half it's pedals so it will be awhile before it's ready again.

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: How to know when plants are close to evolving.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:54:00 AM »
Great pictures grimsoul. It's handy to use that when you have the game paused and are queueing up the fertilizing of a plant. Each time you fertilize the same plant the closer it gets to evolving... so you can basically tell how many times the plant needs to be fertilized. You can only queue up multiple fertilizer actions on one plant when paused though.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »
Wow! I never noticed that before! Thank you!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »
@Playalot That's a good to know. I hadn't thought about trying to queue more then one fertilize on the same plant. I didn't even think about it making a difference. I've done it with other items like the woodworking bench when make several items for money.

@JudesSims Your welcome. I wouldn't have noticed now if I wasn't working on making a garden with all the plants in the game and get them to perfect and as an extra challenge my sim can only make money from gardening.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:20:51 PM »
I believe that indicator has been there the whole time even from the launch. However, at that time the indicator was only smiley face to let you know how the plants are doing but after some patches, they include the flower thing to help us know when our plants are ready to evolve. For me, with Get to Work, I prefer raising quality from the produce using chemical analyzer but without access to Scientist career, you need to be at least level 5 in Gardening to do that.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 02:53:53 AM »
That's great to know! Thanks, grimsoul.

Also, about queuing up the fertilizing, @ Playalot, wow, I had no idea you could do that! Together with checking the pedals, it should be super fast to make a perfect garden.  :D

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 03:04:06 AM »
nice one thanks grimsoul.
What do you mean by chemical analyser, dodi90?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »
The machine to analyze collectibles that is included via Get to Work. The machine is also available in all three active careers. You can bump a quality one time per produce using that one.

anything