Author Topic: Joria's Creations on the Gallery December 19,2016  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Joria's Creations on the Gallery December 19,2016
« on: November 14, 2015, 07:05:46 PM »
Search Origin ID #Joria
or #carlsguide or #carlsguiderdc

Joria's Gallery Page

This is my first attempt at doing this kind of thing so many, many heartfelt thanks go out to Mrs. Flynn and Pam Marsden for leading me through it.  Phew!  It's been a hard road for me getting used to building in Sims4, and I have a very long way to go, and definitely could not have done it without the help of this forum and it's members.  A big shout out to Twinmum for her excellent tutorial in the guide, without which I wouldn't have even tried more than a basic box.  I hope you enjoy my creations.  They were all built with love for YOU.  If you like them, please click on the heart on their page and follow me if you like what I do.  Thank you!

Starter Homes

Basic Box 1

It doesn't look like much but oh, the possibilities.  At only $9,472 (Gallery price) on a 50x50 lot, this house gives your founder all he/she needs with so much room to grow.

Cuppa Tea

Cuppa tea is shown in the gallery both on it's original lot and on a 50x50 lot.  It is a very cheap starter home that has all your Sim(s) need for a comfortable head start.  Please make sure Moo is on if you download it. 

Rooms For More

A bigger, 2 bedroom 2 bath starter home for under $17,000.  Very plain but lots of potential.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Joria's Creations on the Gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »
I love to remodel so there will soon be more of these.  You can find my rebuilds by using #Joria # carlsguide and #carlsguiderdc

Remodels of Maxis Builds

Riverside Roost Remodel

My goal was to reduce the cost, (did it), and improve the house to my taste.  I used enlarging a lot to save landscape cost, changed doors and windows, rearranged and recolored.  Instead of two, dreary bedrooms as in the original I wound up with a four bedroom, 2 bathroom house at a lower cost.

Streamlet Single Remodel

This is a minor remodel.  I just couldn't start the dark interior and the nasty, uncomfortable bed.  It's lost some curb appeal but for about the same price as the original there is now more seating and an updated decor, plus the chess table.

Adobe Abode Remodel

Somehow I have to learn to get more style into my builds and remodels without escalating cost.  This is cuter, in my opinion, inside but it lost some of it's charm outside.  Two bedroom, two bath, starter home at less than 20k.

Challenges Builds and Remodels

The following may be builds or a Maxis house or apartment I've remodeled or built specifically for Forum Challenges.  First up is for the Ten Generation Dynasty Challenge, the Pancake House.

Gallery Link

First floor:

Second floor:

Description and reason for build can be found HERE

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:22:09 PM »
Mansions

Pink Oakenstead

#carlsguide #expensive #luxury #pool #hot tub #dynasty house #playground #gym #Joria #hot tub #spa #landscape House was a failed dynasty house. Very large, very luxurious, has room to grow. Finished basement gym, snack bar, sauna and massage room. Traditional decor, this house has it all. Seven bedrooms, 12 bathrooms! Click HERE for more photos.

My Mansion

Newly updated mansion built on a 40x30 lot in a modern style.  Mansion Baron style for sure!  Built for style another failed dynasty.  #Joria #carlsguide #carlsguiderdc
More pics can be found HERE

Here's the stripped down version.  Costs less but has no pools and a lot of other stuff removed for the sake of price. 
My Mansion 2

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
Experiments and Just Plain Weird

Cave Dwelling

So, while munching on my Paleo Diet lunch I wondered how a nice Cave Sim would live.  This is what I came up with.  On a 50x50 lot it's cozy, comfy and definitely a starter.  Only bathroom walls left behind.  Definitely use Moo!  Be aware some of the rocks may shift and need replacing.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »
Sims

Thyme

This is my attempt at creating Regina Mills, the Evil Queen and Mayor in the tv show, Once Upon a Time.  She is a dastardly, pulic enemy with the evil, genius and loves the outdoors traits.  For some reason EA shows her as Thyme and I'm not sure how to fix this.  I love playing her.  She is often my house tester.

Deep

This is my one and only male founder, Johnny Deep.  He made it till just one day before final promotion and ambrosia then died!  Johnny was a great founder and I'd love to give him another try, now that I know more about how to make it happen.  He is a creative, outgoing, perfectionist with the ambition to be a best selling author.

Cooke

Ima Cooke was created for a challenge, became another founder, (failed again), but is a gal I love.  She's cute and boy can Ms. Cooke, cook.  She is a creative, foodie who loves the outdoors with becoming a Master Chef her main aspiration.

I'm working on a rotational play, post apocalyptical challenge and have begun creating the "players".  They are not up on the gallery yet, but here is my first one.
Her name is Angelina Croft. (wink, wink)

If you've read Terry Pratchett's Disc World series, you'll know who she is. 

Esmeralda Weatherwax

Ourdoor Enthusiast, Collector, Loves the Outdoors, Self Assured, Perfectionist

This is the first child I ever made from when the demo came out.  I really should finish making his family!

Winklecheeks

Hi! My name is Donnie Winklecheeks. I'm your friendly neighborhood most annoying kid because I'm a genius and I know it! Go ahead. Ask me anything.  I aspire to be a Whiz Kid and I have the Genius trait.

Here's Donnie's sister, Donalda.  His parents weren't very creative with names.

Winklecheeks

Hi, I'm Donalda Winklecheeks and I'm a perky know it all who plans on discovering all the mysteries of the Simiverse and then changing it all.  I'm a Perfectionist Whiz Kid.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »
Reserved for "Rooms"

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 06:37:23 PM »
Joria's Gallery Page

VENUES

Something new to me but lots of fun.  I hope you will find these useful and enjoy.  Please "like" any of my builds you like.  It helps me know what people enjoy and would like to see more of.

Olde Thyme Bakery

This is the bakery I built for my dynasty elders.  'Fraid that's not gonna work but it's still early days.  More pics can be found HERE

This is actually a remodel of a Maxis venue, Paddywack's Emporium.  I basically stripped it bare, brightened the colors a bit and added an unfurnished apartment upstairs.  This could work for a Rival Dynasty starter store priced at $23,963.  Get yourself a spouse or a helper with some cash and voila, a place to live AND your store to start your Retail Bloodline off fast.

Paddywack's Remodel

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline seakissed

• Townie
Re: Joria's Creations on the Gallery January 13
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 11:36:36 PM »
The cave dwelling house is so unique! Really makes me think of the historical challenge that I've seen some simmers get into. Good job!

I also like how most of these are starters, always on the look out for those.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Joria's Creations on the Gallery December 19,2016
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
After a loooong hiatus due to personal things, not to mention a few strokes and recovery from, I'm back and I'm building.  Or re-building or renovating.    Now all I have to do is rack my somewhat creaky and befuddled brain and figure out how to post my things for you to see.  You know, I don't even always know how to write descriptions on the uploads anymore!  So please be kind to my almost 80 year old brain, (Yikes!  can't believe it), and give feedback and hopefully help when I stumble and fall. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Joria's Creations on the Gallery December 19,2016
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 04:46:53 AM »
Back to this forum since I have finally caved in and purchased Sims 4 after waiting for them to iron out all their kinks in the game. Always loved reading your posts  during Sims 3. Sorry to hear about your stroke hope all well now.  Am presently playing Island Living and look forward to seeing your shipwreck re-vamp. Your creativity is amazing keep it up

anything