Author Topic: New Get Together Guide - Extra Clubs  (Read 15444 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
New Get Together Guide - Extra Clubs
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »
@Carl  On the 'Making A Club' page you have written this:

"This is a good lesson though - the more entry restrictions you place on your club, the more Sims will be eligible, even if your Sim knows dozens of them."

Shouldn't it say "This is a good lesson though - the more entry restrictions you place on your club, the LESS Sims will be eligible, even if your Sim knows dozens of them."

Also just wondered about your statement on the perks page re townies not gaining skills in TS4. Did you mean just within the group settings? Because townies do gain skills otherwise. For example townies that go to the gym do gain fitness skill levels or townies that you mentor in logic/chess do gain the logic skill. etc

Amazing guide! I am really enjoying the depth that this guide has gone into. I feel like I already know what to do days before getting my hands on GT.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: New Get Together Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 02:54:32 AM »
@Playalot thanks a lot, obviously didn't mean that sentence to go that way. Definitely was a drain working with a 'deadline'. I just wanted to be with the others in releasing something, and I chose to probably do one of the more difficult things to do.. although another site listed EVERY OBJECT which had to take a similar effort.

On the leveling, maybe it was me expecting Sims to level too fast. I was in a club and doing dancing and trying to get more Sims to level 2 (in order to meet the requirement) by having them in a group. Mine was already level 5 so it was hard to gauge, and I probably shouldn't have made that statement. I'm glad you gave some indication they DO level though, because I'll give it another shot. It'd be good to be able to teach Sims to be eligible to be in your club :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 03:08:17 AM »
Just as a side thought... I got Grim to L7 fitness by mentoring every time he showed up at the gym  :P  ;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 03:59:30 AM »
Hahah. Ok then! I guess I need to get a group together, make only dancing the requirement to join and see that these Sims get level 2 dancing. There's no mentor there.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 03:25:47 AM »
Besides the default clubs you've listed, five more have popped up in my current game:

Page Turners
Requirement: Open Invitation
Club hangout: Any library
Club activities: Read
Description: Read any good books lately? We have! And we're more than happy to tell you about the characters (and characterization), plot twists, story structure, and symbols that we've analyzed.

Punch Lines
Requirement: Open Invitation
Club hangout: Any lounge
Club activities: Perform comedy
Description: Comedy's not all fun and jokes - well, it is, but it's hard work, too. If you need a friendly audience to try out your one-liners and ad-libbing, the Punch Lines are happy to laugh with you, not at you.

Guild of Gamers
Requirement: Open invitation
Club hangout: Any club member's house
Club activities: Play video games
Description: Whether you're a Sims Forever fan or a BlicBlock enthusiast, you're in! Gamers of all stripes, colors, and pixel resolutions welcome.

Complementary Colors
Requirements: Open invitation
Club hangout: Any museum
Club activities: Paint, View Art
Description: If you're a blue, we've got your yellow. If you're a red, we've got your cyan. We don't all get along - in fact, we often clash - but together we create the strongest contrast possible.

Mixing Crew
Requirements: Skills at Level 2+: Mixology
Club activities: Drink bar drinks, mix bar drinks
Description: If you love to talk about the right angle to shake a Simsmapolitan, or the right proportion of juices to use in a Sunset Valley, then the Mixing Crew is for you!

Just for the Halibut
Requirements: Open Invitation; Skills at Level 2+: Fishing
Club hangout: Any park
Club activities: Fish
Description: Don't play koi! You cod never find a betta crew! So drag your bass on over, grab yourself a perch, and get to fishin'!

Major Chords

Club hangout: Any club member's home
Club activities: Listen to music, Play a musical instrument
Description: Major 'cause we're important. Chords 'cause we sound good together. Don't you want to sound together with us?

Private Club
Requirements: Financial Status: Wealthy: More than $30,000.
Club activities: (No default club activities)
Description: Tired of getting judged by those of lesser means whenever you talk about adding a new wing to your house, the latest vacation you took, or company you just bought? Perhaps what you need is just to association with a different class of people. A better class of people?  You might say that.

Covalent Bonds
Requirements: Open invitation; Skills at level 2+: Logic
Club activities: Fix Objects, Use the Telescope, Use Rocket, Use the Microscope
Description: Not intimidated by rocket science? Think you could solve the unsolvable Hetu Hypothesis if only you had enough moral support? Want to share electron pairs to create a stable balance of attractive and repulsive forces? Join the Covalent Bonds!

Club Cosplay
Club activities:
Description: Love dressing up like your favorite fictional character? Not afraid of other people dressed in costumes? Club Cosplay is for YOU!

Society of Sixam
Requirements: Alien trait
Club activities: ?
Description: Whether you were born on the homeworld or you’re more of the newfangled hybrid type, this club is for you. Come share your experiences of trying to maintain a secret disguise in a world where not everyone enjoys having their memory erased.

Bearly Associated
Club activities: (No default activities)
Description: Looking for a fancy shmancy club? This club’s not for you. This is a bear-bones club for those who really like to strip down to their bear essentials and revel in the unbearable lightness of being bearly there. And roar at people. Also honey. Definitely honey.

Apparently, there are several more default clubs (6 according to MarianT) but they haven't shown up in my current game (yet).

Edit: Added "Complementary Colors" and "Mixing Crew" info.
The household of 8 sims runs 6 clubs (2 original and 4 default takeovers). I deleted the Paragons and turned the Renegades into another kind of club.

Edit 2: Added "Just for the Halibut." 
@MarianT  The ID family created two clubs, took over seven clubs, disbanded one, and lost another. Only two spaces available to display clubs now that aren't owned by the household. But the clubs displayed in the remaining two spaces change. Seems to depend on the club membership of the townies my household meets. I wonder if that means the Sixam club would show up if the fam visited Sixam and met members of that club?  Hmmmm.... (Edit: Went to Sixam but none of the aliens we met there belong to the aliens club)

Edit 3 (March 11, 2017): Added "Club Cosplay," "Society of Sixam," and "Bearly Associated."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 12:28:26 PM »
This is a bit odd, were they in addition to the others or only after taking over and disbanding other groups? I guess it shouldn't surprise me they added more, and I was also playing before the patch. I'll need to see if I can get icons for them by going back to my first game.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »
@Carl

The additional clubs just don't come up at the start of the game.
I did disband the Paragons and I recently lost one club because I forgot to add another household member to the club before the leader died.
My fam is in its fifth generation, so the other clubs have appeared over time. I never noticed League of Adventurers being available though.
I wonder if which clubs appear might also be influenced by my household members' traits.

Club icons:
Page Turners: book
Punch Lines: commedia mask
Guild of Gamers: game console controller
Complementary Colors: painter's palette
Mixing Crew: cocktail in glass

Haha, sorry that's not helpful at all. If I were more competent, I'd send you screen captures.  :-(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »
Actually, that's really helpful. I figured they had to be some of the unused ones or the same as other similar clubs. I think i know exactly which icon you mean on all of them :)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 12:57:07 PM »
I read somewhere (haven't been able to find the link again, but I'm still looking) that there were an additional 12 clubs that would be generated when the number of clubs in your game dropped below 11. In other words, you'd get one of the 12, and to see all 12, you'd have to disband the original 11 plus one. I do remember that one was an alien club and one a bear club.

I found this info in Simsvip's guide:

To add to the clubs that oshizu has --

Society of Sixam (aliens only)
Just for the Halibut
Major Chords
Private Club (income of $30,000)
Club Cosplay
Bearly Associated
Covalent Bonds

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 05:49:23 PM »
Hmm..makes me want to disband all the groups just to see.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 04:54:42 AM »
Added info for Major Chords and The Private Club.

Edit: Added info for Covalent Bonds

Still haven't seen Society of Sixam, Club Cosplay, or Bearly Associated.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »
One of my dynasty sims has Club Cosplay.  There are no entry requirements or activities.  Everyone just shows up in armour or astronaut costumes and stands around.  Fun huh - just like real cosplay  :)

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
    • Sciffy Circo on Sims Exchange
Re: New Get Together Guide - Extra Clubs
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 04:42:51 PM »
I have seen the Reddit thread on how to unlock the "secret" clubs. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/3wy3sj/tutorial_how_to_unlock_the_hidden_maxismade_clubs/

I cannot get it to work at all.  Is it only on console, and not for PC?  I even had fewer than 11 clubs, and no new ones were spawning.  Eventually, I just gave up and made my own.  But I'm wondering, is the cheat broken?  Always been curious to see them.  Also, that thread on Reddit was locked, so no way to comment over there.
Find me on Facebook, Sciffy's Sims Page

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New Get Together Guide - Extra Clubs
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 10:33:58 PM »
I have seen the Reddit thread on how to unlock the "secret" clubs. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/3wy3sj/tutorial_how_to_unlock_the_hidden_maxismade_clubs/

I cannot get it to work at all.  Is it only on console, and not for PC?  I even had fewer than 11 clubs, and no new ones were spawning.  Eventually, I just gave up and made my own.  But I'm wondering, is the cheat broken?  Always been curious to see them.  Also, that thread on Reddit was locked, so no way to comment over there.

Don't know sorry, I couldn't get the cheat to work either. Might be due to the changes the devs made to cheats some time ago.

anything