Author Topic: Get Together Key Giveaway (25+ Post Members Only)*Closed*  (Read 9657 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Get Together Key Giveaway (25+ Post Members Only)*Closed*
« on: December 10, 2015, 02:47:30 AM »
I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays, whether you celebrate them or not. Please read the following carefully:

I will give away 6 copies of the Get Together Expansion Pack. People who qualify may make ONLY 1 post in this topic.

To qualify:

You must already have 25 posts before I made this announcement. We can easily check the timestamp so trust me, no cheating. This means you are Llama Wrangler rank or up, and I'm sorry to exclude newer members but I promise I will do this again in the future. I want to do this for our longer-term and dedicated members. No races to fraud the system, Moderators and Admins will remove duplicate posts (2 posts would be 2 entries which is forbidden).

If you break this rule, your post will be removed by our moderators (or me) with no notice. Members please report anyone you see make a duplicate post. There won't be a punishment but you will not get by with this and will certainly be on our radar for trying to defraud us.

I make 0 guarantees your key will work. I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong. I'm trying, and hope the keys function. I've purchased 6 keys from CJS-CdKeys.com with earnings from member preorders. Members who preordered through our link made it possible for me to give more members copies. Thank you guys so much, this is my gift to the Forum. I'd do more keys if I could - preorders came to almost $200 and that equaled affording 6 keys.

To Enter Make one post here, any message you want. Moderators are allowed to enter, you certainly deserve the chance and all will be treated equally by the RNG

Ideas, consider not entering: Maybe if you get a copy as a gift over the holidays, you give a key to a Forum member or one of your friends who will definitely use the expansion. With parents' permission of course ;) If you know you're getting it, consider not entering to give those who might not be able to afford it a chance to get the game. Don't be greedy, it's a time for giving and kindness (to me, every day is right guys?)

The Date of Giveaway I will give away keys at the end of the day on the 15th, and will lock the thread when I begin running the random number generator. I DO have the keys now. I'm not making a long legal disclaimer, I will try to rectify it if you win and your copy won't work. On or around the 15h I  will announce and give instructions to claim your key whenever the contest is over. You will require Origin and an Internet connection to claim your key.

How it will work and Don't post if you don't want to enter - My intention is to use a Random Number Generator (RNG) to take the number of posts in this thread and give away keys to the 6 numbers that are 'rolled'. Hence the one post rule, to simplify things.

Happy Holidays everyone, please respect these rules and, again, I will try to do this more frequently in the future whenever a new Expansion pack comes out. Maybe here and there with game packs as well.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Get Together Key Giveaway (25+ Post Members Only)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:52:34 PM »
OMG @Carl I so hope I win this! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how I'll be able to afford this EP since it just looks so Awesim and it turns out I wouldn't be able to get it after all :-( so I'm really hoping I have the chance to win this! I think @Joria also needs to put her name down, since I think she was also having issues with being able to afford this... Good luck everyone and maybe the "dice" roll in your favour!

Edited to add: sorry, my bad, I meant @Janna not Joria! Sorry for mentioning you in a post Joria, I got my J's confused there for a moment!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:12:58 AM »
That's a very kind thing to do @Carl. I hope these keys go out to the less fortunate this holiday season. This year I have experienced more "pay it forwards" than any other in the past. I think it's great!  I think all that's going on in the world lately, it's a nice glimmer of hope for the future. God bless all that you do and for everyone else in here this Christmas season.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 09:04:43 AM »
Oh gosh @Carl, this is so incredibly kind of you. I've never seen a forum admin do this before, and the fact that you're willing to speaks VOLUMES. Thank you so much for providing this opportunity to all of us. Good luck with the dice, everyone!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Glad to see some people enter!  I was beginning to worry I'd done this poorly.  I'll go through and delete this post before I run the rng next week.  I'd love to do it sooner,  just need to give people a chance to enter :)

I feel a lot of people have supported us as a site,  and encouraged me personally.  I'm grateful MrsFlynn thought of this a few weeks ago,  I've been so busy I might not have slowed down to think of it.  I might even be able to get a couple more keys and improve odds! We shall see.

Got a key and tested it,  worked.  So am feeling much better that things will work out as expected!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 01:07:20 PM »
What a great idea. I find myself still addicted to this site even though I'm in a slump with the game after my 3rd failed immortal dynasty. Maybe if I win the key it will revive me! Many thanks for a lovely gesture.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »
Honestly haven't used announcements much this year and think some eligible people might be missing it :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 07:30:42 AM »
I hope it's not bad of me to post my name for the giveaway. I'm gifting Sims 4 to my young friend that I often tutor in Math. Her parents are friends of ours.  I once brought my laptop with me to their house and let her play Sims 4 and she was totally engrossed on the get-go. She loved decorating the houses I personally made. So I  decided to give the base game to her for Christmas. The Get Together expansion would be the icing on the cake. Though she'd still be happy with just the base game alone. :)

Thanks for this @Carl . Even though I usually buy my own Sims games with their boxes and discs (I like putting them on the shelf, like a trophy), I do buy other games like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age thru your website. Best of luck to everyone and Merry Christmas.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:21:35 AM »
@Indira No that sounds fine to me :) I said in another thread that I might get a couple more copies if we end up with, say, 8 people and everyone has 3/4 chance to win. I'll just fill them all.

Edit: I do want to say that maybe my wording in the post was poor. I really didn't mean to somehow make anyone feel hesitant to enter - my main thing was not wanting someone to register, put up 25 quick posts in 5 days' time and vanish. It's for the community and people who stick around will definitely get this opportunity in the future.

I figure that everyone benefits if 6-8 more people have the Expansion, that's more people available to discuss the game with one another on the boards, getting help and giving it, and it's good for the community as a whole because of that. Some expansions don't give an awful lot to discuss even if the gameplay is fun (think Generations/Seasons and their lack of mechanics but still enriching gameplay). Regardless, interest in the game is picking up and that's obvious at this stage. It's getting easier for me to write for, as well, because I am enjoying it more myself!

I'll have a lot of cleaning up to do removing my own posts in a couple of days  ;D

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 09:05:38 AM »
This is a great (and very generous) idea, Carl (and MrsFlynn)! I think you're right about it benefiting everyone on the forum. It's always exciting to discuss new strategies here and see how the new content is being used in the stories. And while I wasn't really interested in GT at first, now that it's out it's shaping up to be a good expansion pack, and the club aspect has some very interesting strategic implications for challenges (both the tournament ones and others).

I feel a little weird throwing my hat in after being pretty awol for a while, but I've been so busy lately I've rarely had time to play it feels like, much less write about it! Hopefully with college apps turned in and winter break starting soon that'll change.

ETA: Thanks @Carl! Second semester should be more relaxing than the first. And I was wrong about GT too; I had no interest in it at first (especially due to the fear that it ment no university pack), but the club's look incredibly powerful for both gameplay AND storytelling, and Windenburg is absolutely gorgeous.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
@officialghosts No way, you've contributed almost 200 posts to this forum. I hope you get some time to enjoy it, but it'll be there when you do! I'm glad my posts are getting people more relaxed about entering!

It seems like the majority who got it, like it, and many people are saying they were wrong to judge it. We just couldn't realize how good the clubs would be, and there has been a lot of praise for Windenburg in general.

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 09:21:59 AM »
This is so generous and I'd be delighted if I won!  I've been eagerly following the Get to Work Board and reading everyone's first impressions.  I usually end up gardening in game, so if I win the game, I want to create a gardening club to have everyone help out with my community garden.

I did have to check to see how many posts I've made.  I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so I was rather excited that I made the cut off (by a lot, I might add!)  Apparently I talk more on here than I thought!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 04:34:56 PM »

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring! I just finished (yet another) run through of Dragon Age: Inquisition and was thinking of getting back into Simming after quite a long absence. The new clubs sound like a long awaited god-send to improve socializing and town dynamics, and Windenburg looks gorgeous! Thanks for doing this raffle, Carl.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »
Super thankful to have come across your offer, Carl! I haven't been playing TS4 too much because I went back to TS2 and I'm currently playing TS3. Thankfully each release of the game has a lot to offer, and the differences between each release makes me love the game even more. I'm interested in playing Get Together; maybe it will get me interested in TS4 again!

Thanks so much, Carl! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and the forum!  ;D
Check out my new story here!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »
Thanks for the opportunity Carl!  I've been a bit low on funds recently so I haven't wanted to spend money on the expansion, but I've been excited about trying it cause it looks pretty cool.  Good luck to everyone in the drawing, and happy holidays!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)