Author Topic: New traits and dancing questions.  (Read 12203 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
New traits and dancing questions.
« on: December 13, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »
 “Dance Machine” and “Insider” are the two new traits in Get Together. Any idea what they do? How do they affect the game? What are the plusses and minuses? I have a teen about to age up and was thinking of giving her one of them. Thanks.

Now does dancing do anything other than raise fun and perhaps social if dancing with someone. Is there a point to the skill other than better moves? I have it maxed and haven't noticed anything. FYI it maxes at 5 like photography. Thanks again.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New traits and dancing questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
If your sim has the Dance Machine trait there is a 'disco nap' option which seems to refill the energy bar faster than normal. I haven't tested this, just seemed this way from game-play. The trait goes well with a sim that you'd like to be a nightclubbing sim. I haven't really noticed any benefits if you are not wanting to party up with the sim. The dance skill maxing at L5 like you said and is easily maxed so I wouldn't take this trait just to speed the rate of skilling in dancing, that trait would be better used for something else.

I haven't used the 'insider' trait yet but I'd imagine it will have some social benefits with clubs and friendships?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »
Thanks. I learned that dancing skill unlocks some shoes 8n the new closet.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 12:39:17 AM »
@scoed, oh that's right, I forgot to look at them in CAS.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 06:44:17 AM »
Against my better judgment, I gave a sim the Dancing Machine trait in the spirit of the new Expansion Pack.

This sim is a two-day-old adult and just one gold party away from completing the Party Animal aspiration, so he won't be going out much anymore.
Lol, the Dancing Machine trait is constantly giving him a Bored +1 Bored "Where's the Party At?" (The Dance Machine has a deep-seeded need to dance) moodlet.
The bored moodlet went away after he danced to the radio for awhile. ugh

Apparently, the Dancing Machine gets a positive moodlet whenever arriving at the scene of a social event, but this isn't a useful trait for my current game, haha.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 03:47:51 PM »
To get rid of that bored moodlet just let your sim dance to a stereo for a few seconds. :)

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 10:27:20 PM »
Both of the new traits tend to produce frequent "bored" moodlets. In my humble opinion this far outweighs the benefits, and I think there are more useful traits than either of these two. I would only recommend them for "party all the time" type sims or for role-playing/flavor purposes. The positive effects basically come in the form of whims. The dance one might boost the skill gains, but the skill is so easy to level that it is probably not worthwhile for that reason alone. It really depends on how you play. I pick traits for utilitarian reasons, so I don't see myself using either of these very much. The aspiration is a great source of easy satisfaction points though. I would recommend completing it if you are doing a lot of club gatherings.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.