Author Topic: Both Sims Being Playful on Date  (Read 225273 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Both Sims Being Playful on Date
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »
Hi, My sim is on a date w/his girlfriend and one of the goals is to make both sims playful at the same time. At the moment, he is very playful and she is very flirty. I got 1 out of 2 so far. I keep doing playful interactions, but she just will not become playful! Is there a cheat or anything I can do? She will need to be at work pretty quick so I don't have a lot of time. Thanks!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Both Sims Being Playful on Date
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »
You could try 'testingcheats on' then 'Sims.remove_all_buffs' which would make her 'fine' and then start telling jokes. I don't know of a cheat to put a sim in a particular emotion although there probably are some somewhere.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »
Ok, thanks Play!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »
Well, I don't know if your trick worked or if just repeating playful/funny actions worked, but I *finally* got the second both sims playful at the same time buff. After that, it was just 2 deep conversations and he had a gold date. :) whew! lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »
Getting them playful enough that it overrides the flirty but without making them hysterical can be tricky. I keep my fingers that goal doesn't come up on dates and try to skip it if I can and still get gold. That playful emotion... it's a killer!  ;)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »
I like to put some My Sims Trophies and Playful paintings in the room. You can then enable/disable the auras as needed. The My Sims Trophies are the easiest way I've found to get Sims playful at the same time. But, like Playalot said, if they are already very flirty, it gets more difficult. They can also become playful by watching comedy on tv or funny videos on the computer. Playful isn't an emotion I like very much, so I tend to favor the trophies. Turn 'em on, Sims get playful. Turn 'em off, and they're back to whatever they were before that. They work great at parties. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 07:47:20 PM »
@reggikko I used the My Sims trophies when the game first came out and my sim ended up hysterical lol. It was a pretty fast learning curve about emotions! I tend to keep the playful paintings in a small room somewhere close to the room I throw parties in and direct whoever needs to be playful to the room, turn on the playful aura and then turn the auras off the second the whim completes. Also if you have a sim in the entertainers career, the comedian branch drinking a playful essence of cow plant just before work starts is good as it's usually only takes a quick calm down in front of the mirror right after works finished for the sim in question to return to happy or fine etc. I'm still paranoid about the playful emotion as I've had so many of my dynasty sims hysterical, talk about inducing watcher-panic!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 01:43:53 AM »
There was one small, minor problem w/your solution reggikko; they were in the park, lol. So no access to tv or anything like that. I kept queuing up playful/funny actions w/him and eventually she became playful. In the future, I might take a My Sim trophy with next time and see what happens. I'm not even sure why the playful requirement came up!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 02:48:23 AM »
Oh! I always do my dates on the home lot, so I can count on fulfilling the requirements easily.  Flirty date reward in the bedroom and My Sims in the living room. ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 12:13:51 AM »
Hi, My sim is on a date w/his girlfriend and one of the goals is to make both sims playful at the same time. At the moment, he is very playful and she is very flirty. I got 1 out of 2 so far. I keep doing playful interactions, but she just will not become playful! Is there a cheat or anything I can do? She will need to be at work pretty quick so I don't have a lot of time. Thanks!
@Sonshine
Whether I'm at the park or some other place, there's usually one requirement that I can't (or would take too much trouble/time to) do, like your "both sims playful," "work out together," "have a drink together," "play chess together x times," and so on...always a non-romantic activity.

My experience has been that I can just skip one requirement like this (only one of this kind per date; at home, it varies with what furnishings you have: workout equipment, bar, chess table, etc.) per date, as long as I do the main "socialize" one and all the romantic/social ones.
Just my two cents. Maybe I've just been lucky with what date requirements are rolled.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 04:26:25 PM »
@Sonshine
I wanted to revise my preceding post. My teen just went on a date to a park and only achieved a silver date because he didn't (try to) satisfy the "Both sims playful" milestone.
I've been corrected in the party thread as well, but it seems that if a milestone appears early, it needs to be fulfilled to allow other milestones to appear. Otherwise, achieving a gold medal becomes impossible.

When going to someone else's house, though, it's possible to take along some playful paintings. I was able to fulfill that "Sims gets playful at same time 0/3" milestone by hanging up some playful paintings at the house where I was throwing the party. Don't forget to put the paintings back into your inventory before leaving the lot.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 12:47:04 AM »
I struggled with this too. I use the plumbob lamp for that aura. Works every time.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 05:05:53 PM »
I guess it becomes quite tricky if you are on a community lot. Telling multiple jokes in a row will work if you spam them fast and furiously. I tend to leave this goal till the last, just in case gold will complete without it. Then spam the jokes and the minute they hit playful, which tends to be very playful or even hysterical due to all the flirty moodlets, I head them straight for the bathrooms to use the mirrors to calm down. I still loath this goal.  ::)
Dragging a playful painting out of your sims inventory would work too though, and more effectively, I just always forget to bring one along.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 08:44:42 PM »
I honestly skip that task and just keep the date on the "romantic" track as it is much easier to score gold without attempting the emotional yo-yo. The absolute easiest way to get gold is to have the date at home and to follow the romantic track to the almost inevitable woohoo. Unless something freakish and unforeseen happens, you'll get gold 100% of the time doing this. You don't have to complete ALL tasks that come up, only enough to fill the bar. Even on a community lot it is still typically easier to stick with the romance options. 

The only exception to this might be if your Sim has very low charisma (less than 4 or so) and low relationship with the date. Then you may get failures and embarrassed moodlets if you try to queue romance interactions.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »
Dragging a playful painting out of your sims inventory would work too though, and more effectively, I just always forget to bring one along.

Haha, I do that for parties but never thought of dragging a date to the bathroom to look at a playful painting together. That would just be too classy!
"Hi! Wanna go on a date with me? We can spend the whole date snuggling on the couch in the public restrooms of Magnolia Blossom Park!"

anything