Author Topic: Assignments At The Scientists Lab  (Read 2192 times)

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Assignments At The Scientists Lab
« on: January 04, 2016, 10:45:19 PM »
Hi, I have a couple of scientists, but lately when they go to work, most of the assignments they get is using the simray to do the mind control thing for various tasks. To be totally honest, this is getting a bit old. How do I get out of the simray/mind control loop? Right now, my lady only has the option of making a serum which she can't make yet and freeze sim and a mind control action. I'd like to get into researching or more analyzing stuff. Is this possible? Right now, I'm just having her do experiments and stuff. I know she's going to take a pay hit and possibly a performance hit, but this is all I can think of doing.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Assignments At The Scientists Lab
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 12:15:02 AM »
Maybe try sending them to work alone and see if that breaks this cycle. Or take a day to do all sorts of different tasks like gardening, fishing, building the rocket, analyzing etc and take the performance hit to see if this changes things. Or maybe really work this sim hard until they have their next promotion hoping that this will allow for different work tasks.
I'm assuming you've cleared out your cache files but if all else fails maybe try resetting your sims 4 folder. Factory reset link

Sorry, all I feel I'm doing is throwing suggestions at you but I haven't really had this happen so I'm just really guessing what might help.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:20:46 AM »
Hi again! I think I know what happened. I deleted the cache folders from the Documents folder and when my sim got to work the next work day he got the msg about being a benevolent/good scientist or an evil one. Things went pretty good for 3/4 of the day and then he got an assignment to use the simray to mind control his co workers. Instead of doing that this time, I ignored it and just took a small performance and pay hit. I'm thinking that if I keep doing that, the mind control things will eventually just not pop up. Hoping anyway. I'm thinking that these things are dependent on your choices to follow them or not. The more I choose mind control this or that, the more it will keep coming up. Just my thoughts.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:26:56 AM »
Have you tried leaving the simray at home? Maybe if you don't have it on you or on the work lot it might give you something different to do.
I haven't played the scientist career in a long time. But I do remember getting the simray tasks a lot after I made one. but I just done the tasks and went on. But your right about it getting old after awhile. And if I remember right it takes awhile to complete sense you usually have to do the same thing to 3 people to complete the task.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 03:46:33 PM »
Or the same three things to the same sim! ;) lol I think my co-workers must have hated the sight of my sim but I couldn't be bothered running around looking for three different co-workers so would just zap the same sim over and over.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »
duh, Why didn't I think of that.  ???  I always went after 3 different sims. I will remember that if I do that career again. Sometimes it takes awhile trying to run around and chase down 3 different sims.
Thanks for the tip @Playalot :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 06:28:01 PM »
ROFL you guys! I will try leaving the simray at home and see what that does. I think I also want to go to work one more day w/the simray b/c I skipped doing the assignments requiring it the previous day. I want to see what happens, if it is any different. After that, I'll probably leave it at home. Watch now, I'll probably get an assignment to "invent the simray" as soon as I leave it at  home, LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 03:28:46 AM »
Ok, I tried going to work w/o the simray, but he still got assignments to use it. He also (at lev 8) got an assignment to "invent the satellite dish." I've also discovered that the ingredient list for some serums on the notebook do not match what is given here. I believe that your info is more accurate b/c I had the ingredients listed in the notebook, but was not able to make the serum. For instance, for the spark drive serum, the notebook only lists strawberry and then a blank line and a 0, but your guide actually lists that missing ingredient as a common crystal. So, EA didn't get  all the info on their notebook.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 03:49:16 AM »
Uh oh. The notebook used to have all the ingredients as I remember using it when I was playing my dynasty founder (active scientist).
Has this just happened today? As in since todays patch?

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 04:50:22 AM »
I honestly don't know when it happened. I wish I could post a pic of it w/o uploading to flickr.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 08:24:42 AM »
I had an issue with the notebook a while back (I even posted about it here) I know I found a fix for it, thanks to Play and MrsFlynn if I'm not mistaken... Unfortunately, I'm on Tapatalk for BB OS7 so I have issues with links (I can create them but not if I have to go searching for the topic to find the original post to link to)

Edited to add: I'm trying to see if my link will work Notebook showing blanks it was repairing the game that worked.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 02:48:42 PM »
Omg..now I'm the 'derp'! I had completely forgotten about this. Thanks Mags! Too many bugs to keep track off! Sorry @Sonshine I totally dropped the ball on this one.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 03:47:04 PM »
Hey! You're human and do not have an infinite memory, lol. No worries!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »
Yeah, Play, you're doing so much on this forum that it's impossible to expect you to remember everything! Heck, I only remember it because it was my topic lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*