Author Topic: Put your food away before calling a maid  (Read 4732 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Put your food away before calling a maid
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:57:56 PM »
My sim had a party and after it was over there was a lot of dishes laying around so I thought I would just a call a maid to come and clean the mess up. But when she came over she didn't just wash the empty dishes she also threw out any left over food that hadn't been put in the fridge yet. Like a full 8 serving Lobster Thermidor that was still sitting on the table and half a cake that was still out went to the garbage.
So if you have any food you want to keep put it in the fridge before the maid shows up. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Opheliakc111

• Nooboo
Re: Put your food away before calling a maid
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:25:21 AM »
My maids never did that for I remember. And again I was playing like 2 months ago

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »
My maid even threw out the food my sim was still eating! She made him stand up to friendly hug her and he didn't holster his plate, instead just left in on the bench and then the maid swiped it and cleaned it up!  :o   I don't know why I insist on hiring maids etc honestly they drive me slightly insane.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 06:39:12 PM »
I still prefer to micromanage food, and I try to drag plates to the trash, before Sims deal with them, themselves. I only use outdoor trashcans, so that my Sim never has to take out the trash. I have outdoor cans on each corner, so that they are usually visible from whatever angle I'm viewing a SimSituation from. If it's abandoned, then it goes in the fridge, as soon as possible.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 07:46:48 PM »
My maid even threw out the food my sim was still eating! She made him stand up to friendly hug her and he didn't holster his plate, instead just left in on the bench and then the maid swiped it and cleaned it up!  :o   I don't know why I insist on hiring maids etc honestly they drive me slightly insane.

Maybe the maid thought your sim needed to go on diet. :)
This was the first time I used a maid in a long time and sense my sim has the Mater Chef aspiration award where the food he makes never spoils so I don't get in a hurry to put it in the fridge or just leave it out all the time.
It's rare that I clean up the dishes for my sims. They make the mess they can clean it up. I just felt sorry for them this time sense there was so many plates around that I thought I would be nice and hire them a maid that day.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 08:42:12 PM »
Well...I was using the maid for more nefarious reasons but all in the name of 'testing'... *cough* I was curious if the hidden maid trait was genetic.  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 08:43:22 PM »
I still prefer to micromanage food, and I try to drag plates to the trash, before Sims deal with them, themselves. I only use outdoor trashcans, so that my Sim never has to take out the trash. I have outdoor cans on each corner, so that they are usually visible from whatever angle I'm viewing a SimSituation from. If it's abandoned, then it goes in the fridge, as soon as possible.

I always clean up after my sims. lol I can't help myself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 12:55:31 AM »
Well...I was using the maid for more nefarious reasons but all in the name of 'testing'... *cough* I was curious if the hidden maid trait was genetic.  :)
Speaking of hidden traits, I've been wondering if the plumbers a sim can summon will have maxed handiness.
The plumbers were a bit more attractive in TS3, lol. Maybe I just haven't summoned them enough...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 06:21:24 PM »
Oh! That's a good point oshizu, I must remember to kidnap one next time I'm playing. A sim with instant L10 handiness would be a score indeed.

*edited: They do! I kidnapped three just to be sure and all three have L10 handiness.  :)

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 12:49:13 AM »
That's a cool idea. I put broken things on my lawn, so that I can do a repair session under the influence of a "Focused" painting, all at once.  On one game session, if someone I recognize is in my neighborhood, when I'm at work, I will take over that sim, so I can repair all my main Sim's stuff, before he gets home. Also, Dennis Kim takes care of my gardening, if I see him around. He can evolve my plants. Sometimes Nancy Landgraab waters my plants. I leave everything outside, so Sims in the area don't need to enter the house.

However, making a kidnap repair room sounds like an intriguing strategy too. I assume, if you leave food, facilities, a bed, and a computer with your repairman, he can take care of himself, while in your custody. I assume you can just drop broken items into the room with him. Of course, since my current approach is to become the best in every skill, I'm not sure I will be trying that approach any time soon. I plan to max my skills, before starting my first career.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »
Oh I didn't really kidnap the repairman. I enabled cheats and added him to my household to see if he had level 10 handiness. It was just in a random file I use for testing things.

You can actually kidnap sims though of course, but if you kidnapped a npc repairman I doubt if he would repair things automatically.

Also while you are taking over another sim form another household, that would mean that your sims work performance would halt as your sim would become 'unplayed' at that point. Or do you just temporarily add the other sim to your household?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 06:27:08 PM »
@Playalot   Great that you tested thta so quickly!  Did you get plumbers with an assortment of looks?
In a recent file, I had to summon a plumber quite often and he was always the same frumpy, chubby, elder-ish guy.
Wow, L10 handiness, really?
Well hello there plumber! Welcome to my dynasty!  *Bats eyelashes

Are the days over of completing a Romance aspiration by just requesting home repairs and pizza delivery?  (Who me? I would never do that....)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
I did get some different looks. One frumpy fat adult, one skinny YA and one pretty cute lady too! What a score right...instant L10 handiness! That's going to make dynasties etc a bit easier for sure.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »
Also while you are taking over another sim from another household, that would mean that your sims work performance would halt as your sim would become 'unplayed' at that point. Or do you just temporarily add the other sim to your household?

Whenever I would notice a Sim in my neighborhood that is living in an occupied house, and I have unfinished tasks, I might just switch to that household, and select the Sim that is visiting my neighborhood. I might have that Sim water some plants, then I switch back, when they're done. I hadn't noticed it affecting much. Usually, it's actually when I'm inside doing other things. I switch back, before I have to go to work. Sometimes, I switch, when there's another Sim in my house, that hasn't left yet. When I switch back, the visitor Sim is still there, and my main Sim is still at work & comes home normally.

I did find something odd. If I am visiting with another Sim, and there is also a Sim not part of the household inside the house. A group seems to be automatically formed. For instance, if I visit with Dennis Kim, to water the plants, there is also an option to "Water Together", if Travis Scott is still in the house playing games. Doing group actions will usually flush out whoever is in the house. You can also "Fish Together", and every visitor on that lot will go fishing. Sometimes, Dennis will show up with his grand daughter, and they will be their own group.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 07:43:53 PM »
Oh I didn't really kidnap the repairman. I enabled cheats and added him to my household to see if he had level 10 handiness. It was just in a random file I use for testing things.

You can actually kidnap sims though of course, but if you kidnapped a npc repairman I doubt if he would repair things automatically.
If Home activities/Fix objects is set as one of the club's activities, the club members will autonomously repair broken objects.  I had a sim abandon a plate of ambrosia he was making (rather, that I was forcing him to make) to go fix a shower that broke.  Grrrr   (I can't remember now if I also had Cooking as a club activity)