Author Topic: Physical Games, Pub Games and Video Games  (Read 15174 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Physical Games, Pub Games and Video Games
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:40:34 AM »
In club activities under Fun and Games there options for pub games, physical games and video games that groups all games of the type together. I've been trying to figure out what goes with each group for building clubs houses. The ones that I know of are
Pub Games - Darts, Foosball and Don't Wake the Llama
Physical Games - Horseshoes, Foosball and Darts
Video Games - The Gaming Mat, Button Masher game and playing games on the computer.
Are there any others that I'm missing?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Physical Games, Pub Games and Video Games
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:09:47 AM »
Thanks for this grimsoul. I've been looking for this list. Now I know what to buy for the club. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 09:12:52 AM »
Glad you find it helpful. I tried to find a list also and couldn't.  What started me testing this was trying to figure out what the physical games were. The only one I could think of was horseshoes but I figured there had to be more than just one game for that group so I started testing and found that darts and Foosball overlap between the two groups.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 10:46:47 AM »
Glad you find it helpful. I tried to find a list also and couldn't.  What started me testing this was trying to figure out what the physical games were. The only one I could think of was horseshoes but I figured there had to be more than just one game for that group so I started testing and found that darts and Foosball overlap between the two groups.
The Arcade Machine for the Video Games group, prob.

For pub games, Cards, too. (You can switch the Lllama table to a card game.)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 12:04:42 PM »
Is The Arcade Machine the one that came with Get Together? I thought is was called the Button Masher or is there another one I missed.
When I was testing I tried the card game it it didn't to give credit under pub games for me, only when I had it set to the Llama game did I get credit for it.

Edit: I guess I should mention how I tested this.
When a club is doing a club activity the icon above their heads will turn green. So I made a club with my family and only had 1 activity from them do. When I had the activity set to pub games the icon turned green when playing the Llama game but stayed clear when playing cards.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »
Is The Arcade Machine the one that came with Get Together? I thought is was called the Button Masher or is there another one I missed.
When I was testing I tried the card game it it didn't to give credit under pub games for me, only when I had it set to the Llama game did I get credit for it.

Edit: I guess I should mention how I tested this.
When a club is doing a club activity the icon above their heads will turn green. So I made a club with my family and only had 1 activity from them do. When I had the activity set to pub games the icon turned green when playing the Llama game but stayed clear when playing cards.
Oops, sorry @grimsoul
My response was just hypothesis--I wasn't actually testing the activities with a home club like you are.  *redfaced

About the Arcade Machine/Button Masher, I could have sworn it's called the Arcade Machine in Buy mode, but perhaps I gave it my own name? I'm not at home and can't check. Sorry for yet another half-baked statement.

It's odd that cards don't count for card games, since we can play cards to satisfy the party milestone "Play a game with the birthday sim 0/3."  Hmmmm.....
Thank you for testing this.  It's really useful info!

*whispers: Isn't it wierd that "Woohoo/Try for baby in the sauna" is considered a "Friendly" social? I couldn't figure out why some of the my dynasty males were showing up with Pink romance bars with each other. I realized the culprit was "Woohoo in the sauna," which the game considers "Friendly."  "Try for baby in sauna" is also Friendly, though, so it's handy if a sim has the Serial Romantic aspiration.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 02:28:34 PM »
I was surprised the card game didn't count either. Especially sense it even uses the same table to play it.
That's interesting about the sauna. I didn't know that. But that explains why I having club members going to woohoo in the sauna even tho I only have be friendly as a club activity. Not romantic or woohoo. I was wondering why they was doing that. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:09 PM »
I was surprised the card game didn't count either. Especially sense it even uses the same table to play it.
That's interesting about the sauna. I didn't know that. But that explains why I having club members going to woohoo in the sauna even tho I only have be friendly as a club activity. Not romantic or woohoo. I was wondering why they was doing that. :)
If you select "Friendly" as a club activity then check Romantic socials for your adult club members, you'll see that green thumbs up symbol next to Woohoo in the sauna. It's actually kind of funny, but I really didn't want my Gen4 heir's husband in a romantic relationship with both the dynasty founder and the founder's son, lol.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »
If you select "Friendly" as a club activity then check Romantic socials for your adult club members, you'll see that green thumbs up symbol next to Woohoo in the sauna.

Your right, I hadn't noticed that before. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »
I went look into the friendly woohoo and it's been reported by others as a bug. If you want to add a me too the report is here

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 04:41:12 PM »
I went look into the friendly woohoo and it's been reported by others as a bug. If you want to add a me too the report is here
I would, but I don't really want it fixed. The "feature" makes it so easy for my dynasty pollinators to replenish the population.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 07:02:47 PM »
LOL, I guess there could be an advantage to it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »
Haha, now I feel a little cheesey for saying that.

Back on topic, thanks so much for testing which games belong to which club activity and letting us know.   :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 10:17:52 PM »
Great list grimsoul! It's a bit unexpected how the games are categorized for sure.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 11:29:59 PM »
*Runs off to buy a foosball table