Author Topic: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters  (Read 31341 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
@Playalot:  Thanks for the kind words, (and the heads up on the new story teller!).  I consider you a must read so having you read my stories as well is really encouraging.  Wouldn't have been able to do it without your and NJ's help!

@KTK10 :  Definitely need that cheering squad!!  Thanks for reading and posting.  It means a lot.

@seasidesarah :  Welcome to the forum!  Thank you so much for reading and your comments.  I tried to go to your link to read your story but couldn't do it.  User error no doubt.  Of course you can use any idea of mine you want to.  Makes me feel good to know it helped someone in some way.

@Nettlejuice :  Thanks so much for the lovely comments.  I'm glad you like the story so far.  I have to say it's been more fun than I originally thought it would be.  Thee is SO MUCH stuff you can get.

Sooo, are you gonna do it?  The no buy IDC?  It is a lot of work, and when you have a strategy deficient player like myself doing it, it does get a lot more difficult.  My mind just goes off in a million directions so focusing on what to do next for the biggest impact is beyond me.  Hopefully will post the prologue today.  I'm 3 Sim weeks in and my founder has only just got a job and still no wife!  You'd have that settled in days.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
I've just spent my evening read this I'm in awe of your self-control, your fabulous couple and the quality of that home without buying anything!  Keep up the great work, can't wait for the next instalment!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Story on hold while I do some challenges.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »
Well, here we are once again.  I'm in my new career as an Esport Gamer but poor Laurent is still stuck in his Scientist job.  It really must be unendingly boring for him at this point.  No wonder he comes home tense and the only way to get him to relax is just chill and paint away together.  I listen intently as we paint......

"I'm telling you, Ima, it's just not worth it!  I could spend years trying to get all those microscope pictures and star shots and still not be done with those collections.  Maybe just one more day."

"Honey, it's up to you.  We've both maxed out our initial careers, we're richer than anyone should be, and we're doing fine.  I love you, you love me.  What more do we need?"

"Says the girl who spends all day playing games for a living!  I dunno.  Just seems like there is something missing.  Something we're lacking in our lives."

"Hey, we have a hugely long life ahead of us and we can change things as we go along.  The decision to stay in Science or move to something more interesting to you is yours honey.  I'll back you up no matter what you choose."

******************************************************************************************

"One more rivet and I should be done.  At least this part has been worth it.  Imagine me among the stars and BEFORE I become an astronaut.  Woot!"

"Done!!  Farewell thee well, oh Simworld!  I'm off to greet the stars."

"Up, up and awaaaaaayyyyy........(please don't hurl in the helmet, please don't.....)

"Hey Mac!!!  Boss is back better get to work!  What?  Nah, he made it ok.  No helmet hurl.  Yeah, it would've been fun.  Ah well, next time maybe."

"Nice Janice.  And there goes your promotion...right down the drain."

**********************************************************************************************

"What can I say?  Being an Esport Gamer is my idea of a job!  I get to play all the newest awesome games before they are even released!  Eat your heart out EA, this job is mine! "

W:  Not fair.  It's something I've dreamed about and lo and behold my watched Sim gets to live my dream.  (sigh)  Just not fair at all.

I knew I had a lot of things to do yet.  Laurent was still at work but he'd be home soon and I want everything to be just so.  Time for a pick me up and then get all the preparations done.  I wonder if he will notice I've been promoted?

Ok, dinner is done, and this awesome room is ready.  This is going to be fun!

"So hon, another stressful day at work?"

"Nah, not so bad.  I flew for the first time.  I think it's time it's over but maybe one more day.  You know how I hate to quit."

"Let's go sit down and we can talk all about it including your promotion!  Yes, I noticed.  Congrats!"

"Thank you!  You're so awesome for noticing."

"So there they all were, like vultures hanging around to see if I'd hurl.  I had to laugh watching them all scurrying like rats trying to be so casual and like they didn't miss a minute of work."

"Sounds like it was fun.  Speaking of fun.  I have a surprise for you...sort of."

"A surprise?  Whoopee!  Where is it?"

I led Laurent up the stairs to my newly redecorated room.  Really, things have been a bit boring and stale in the red room so maybe.......

A change of pace, a change of venue?  Who knows....

"I love you Ima Cooke.  That was just what I, we, needed."

"giggles.   I knew you'd like the "surprise".  Careful.  Don't want to make Llana the Llama jealous."

"You've been reading too many stories by Oshizu.  Now you're naming things."

I think the "surprise" put Laurent in a much better mood.  Later on off he went to work on our garden.  It's doing great but I don't think that's what put this pensive look on his face.  Wonder what he was thinking about?

Maybe it's thinking about that big, empty space next to the veggie garden?  Wonder what could go in there?

************************************************************************************************
Did I say how much I love my job?  Here it is the next night.  Laurent has just come home and as usual, the first thing we want to do is hug one another.

The next thing is sharing news.  Yep!  Another promotion!! 

As for anything else, well......I guess I'll just leave that for the next time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2016, 08:48:48 PM »
@Joria
I've missed this gorgeous couple while their Watcher has been away swiping swag and helping the homeless!
I love the new purple room!

Poor Laurent the Hunk, stuck in the Scientist career. Though it's possible to complete the microscope prints collection, the space prints will be forever out of his reach at the Science Lab.
A few of the space prints can only be obtained by "Search for Truth" interaction with the telescope from 8:30pm to 6a.m. Here's a link to Carl's guide.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/collections/space-prints.php

Oh a new episode in their life begins--I'm just sure the child will be incredibly beautiful! 
Will you give the child the Klepto trait to acquire some new items?

P.S. The Llama needs a name! Llarry the Llama?  Llogan the Llama? lol

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2016, 06:09:32 AM »
You show those co-workers how awesome you are by not hurling  ;) I really hope there's a nooboo in the making!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »
The upstairs, small llama does have a name.  It's Llana the Llama.  However, the downstairs, giant, flying, garden llama remains nameless.  Suggestions?  I think he's llooking llongingly for a llove affair with Llana.  (hehehe)

Klepto trait, eh?  Hmmmm.  Will consider that seriously oshizu.

Nettlejuice just the very thought of being in a helmet like that, all enclosed, makes me nauseous so just think of how horrid it would be if you hurled in one?  Ewww!  Had to do something other than the usual off to space thing, and seeing his work mate running away gave me the idea of having his workmates placing bets on whether he would or wouldn't.  Hope to do nooboo post next time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »
 @Joria

I think he's llooking llongingly for a llove affair with Llana.  (hehehe)

Llol

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »
I have been focusing a lot on reading other Simmers' stories and working on my dynasty and have left this one alone for a loooong time.  Never fear, my favorite no buy couple have a future and will make an appearance soon. 

----------
My No Buy Story