Author Topic: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters  (Read 6521 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Partay!!! March 11 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »
That's fantastic! Love it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2016, 03:58:02 PM »
My apologies.  Once again Mediafire is having problems.  They assure me they have my missing files and we'll be able to view them soon.  I have quite a bit of the next section ready to write up but I don't dare try to upload pictures till they have fixed their problem.  Keep tuned for an update.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2016, 04:21:36 AM »
I'm so jealous of your alien party. I still have never had that happen as when the opportunity comes up my game always crashes! Loving this!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2016, 10:53:48 PM »
Thanks, Play.  It was a first for me too.  I think it was because my guy was 2 raises past maxing that career.  I had kept him in it because I wanted to be able to finish up some collections so was pretty surprised when he was told to go to Sixam.  Almost didn't go. Yikes!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 05:19:17 PM »
I'll be playing and posting more on this story, hopefully today, but my PERSONAL BIG NEWS is my kid will be appearing on MYX-tv's show, Call to Cosplay which airs tonight and can be seen on your pc via streaming tomorrow.  She's the one with the really dark hair.  Unfortunately, due to her Crohn's disease, she had been on prednisone for awhile before the filming and it shows.  Thankfully she's off it and on a new medication.
If you are interested, you could search Facebook for Kaythulhuferret to see some of the costumes she's made and worn.  Here on Carl's she's known as Squeakyclean, but most of her game play now is with Dragon Age Inquisition.  She's the one who got me started with all this Sims stuff~~!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
*Sighs*  How much more can we do?  Life continues on for Laurent and I.  Always in love, always skilling, always transforming always a bit boring.  Even the club isn't interesting anymore.  We've got ALL the perks and we use moodlet managers so what's the point?  As usual, we share the work in the garden, which is coming along magnificently.  Most of our plants are either pristine or perfect so that's one more personal goal almost met.  Mooreen, our new cowplant, (yes, I killed off poor Clarabelle with neglect), seems to take it all in stride.  At least she laughs at my attempts to play with her without getting eaten.  I swear she is plotting something in revenge for her lost sisters.

The Alien plants are doing especially well for us and bringing in quite a bit of cash.  We've maxed out Fabulously Wealthy and Mansion Baron and are currently running out of rewards we haven't yet bought. 

Doing anything around here is now taking so long our Watcher is threatening to remove a lot of our stored treasures.  She says they slow her down.  Hmmmpf!  She has a lot of nerve.  After all, WE were the ones working hard to acquire them.

I guess, when you see how much stuff now has to be transformed you could say she has a point.  No, Laurent isn't trying to transform his friend from work.  It just looks that way.

Of course, Mr. Simray happy had to start still one more fire.  He says he just has so much fun putting them out.

The other day we ran into Jasmine.  What a neat lady!  She enjoyed gardening and shared her secrets about Easter Eggs and Grow Fruit with us, and was kind enough to give us some super fertilizer for our plants.  How kind!

Here's a snapshot of our Easter Egg collection.  We got an adorable bunny to go in what I personally hope will someday be our child's room.  More on that later.  Oh, you can see our glowing Grow Fruit trees in the background.  We've already harvested enough of them to get the first reward from Jasmine.

Sometimes Laurent gets in this crazy mood.  Here he is trying to show me what a great dancer he is.  Of course I complimented him.  lol

He invited me to give it a try but I decided I needed more practice before I was going to do any showing off.  It's not a skill either one of us is very high in.

Ima:  Laurent, we really need to have a talk about our future.  You're still stuck in your Scientist career just so you can max out rocket science and acquire all the pictures from the microscope and telescope.  Me, I'm ok with a new job but this big house seems so empty sometimes.

Laurent:  You're right.  It's getting to be a bit of a slog, isn't it?  Any ideas?

Ima:  Well, we still have parties we haven't done in gold yet.  Yeah!  Let's PARTAY!

Laurent:  Well, I need to silver one for my Cooking so let's do it.  Call up the party and the gang and let's go!

Ima:  Laurent you're the best.  I just love you so much!

Laurent:  And I you, Babe.  Party time?

Ima:  Right after this hug.

Well, we called up an Incognito Party once again.

It was quite the bash.  Everyone loved Laurent's food and I stood in as bartender.  Not sure if we made gold or not but we definitely did silver!  Yay!  Notice how slim Bob Pancakes is looking?  All that gym time with the club sure is paying off for him.

Party off but the night was still young.  We were starting to get a bit weary so we slugged down some potion.  We wanted to head to Sixam to see if we could find Grow Fruit trees there.

Sadly, no Grow Fruit trees but there definitely were more Easter Eggs.  Best of all, time to make some more friends.

We spent what was left of the night playing chess on our patio.  We love the friendly competition and neither one of us gets upset when the other wins.  Hey, we're gaining skill so who cares?  Besides, it's fun.

I got another promotion at work.  Before you know it a gaming rig will be ours! 

I'm headed to work.  See you all later!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Your sims are so adorable and it really is amazing just how much 'stuff' you can get without entering buy mode. Love this.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
You really are doing so well! Keep going.. I know it's probably a getting to that boring stage.. we can be your cheer squad! hehehe

Offline seasidesarah

• NPC
Love this story - you've inspired me to have a go at the NoBuyMode challenge, I'm playing a mix of your and MissTrips' rules as my aim is to learn as much as possible, explore the new opportunities that come with Get Together and Outdoor Retreat (just bought them  :D) and decide how I'm going to use what I've learned in my big story neighbourhood which is updated and played on a much slower timescale!

Hope it's ok that I've borrowed some of your ideas - I'm updating on my Tumblr at https://www.tumblr.com/blog/seasidesimming if you want to see how I'm stumbling through!

Sarah x

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Joria, where do I even begin? When you first told me about the plans for an IDC with no buy I thought: super easy. Then I come here and it takes so much hard work to get exactly what you want and you've done a fantastic job with the build. I love the pool, the garden, everything. Ima and Laurent are adorable, would love to see their kids one day but I can't wait to see what else they get up too <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
@Playalot:  Thanks for the kind words, (and the heads up on the new story teller!).  I consider you a must read so having you read my stories as well is really encouraging.  Wouldn't have been able to do it without your and NJ's help!

@KTK10 :  Definitely need that cheering squad!!  Thanks for reading and posting.  It means a lot.

@seasidesarah :  Welcome to the forum!  Thank you so much for reading and your comments.  I tried to go to your link to read your story but couldn't do it.  User error no doubt.  Of course you can use any idea of mine you want to.  Makes me feel good to know it helped someone in some way.

@Nettlejuice :  Thanks so much for the lovely comments.  I'm glad you like the story so far.  I have to say it's been more fun than I originally thought it would be.  Thee is SO MUCH stuff you can get.

Sooo, are you gonna do it?  The no buy IDC?  It is a lot of work, and when you have a strategy deficient player like myself doing it, it does get a lot more difficult.  My mind just goes off in a million directions so focusing on what to do next for the biggest impact is beyond me.  Hopefully will post the prologue today.  I'm 3 Sim weeks in and my founder has only just got a job and still no wife!  You'd have that settled in days.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
I've just spent my evening read this I'm in awe of your self-control, your fabulous couple and the quality of that home without buying anything!  Keep up the great work, can't wait for the next instalment!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Story on hold while I do some challenges.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »
Well, here we are once again.  I'm in my new career as an Esport Gamer but poor Laurent is still stuck in his Scientist job.  It really must be unendingly boring for him at this point.  No wonder he comes home tense and the only way to get him to relax is just chill and paint away together.  I listen intently as we paint......

"I'm telling you, Ima, it's just not worth it!  I could spend years trying to get all those microscope pictures and star shots and still not be done with those collections.  Maybe just one more day."

"Honey, it's up to you.  We've both maxed out our initial careers, we're richer than anyone should be, and we're doing fine.  I love you, you love me.  What more do we need?"

"Says the girl who spends all day playing games for a living!  I dunno.  Just seems like there is something missing.  Something we're lacking in our lives."

"Hey, we have a hugely long life ahead of us and we can change things as we go along.  The decision to stay in Science or move to something more interesting to you is yours honey.  I'll back you up no matter what you choose."

******************************************************************************************

"One more rivet and I should be done.  At least this part has been worth it.  Imagine me among the stars and BEFORE I become an astronaut.  Woot!"

"Done!!  Farewell thee well, oh Simworld!  I'm off to greet the stars."

"Up, up and awaaaaaayyyyy........(please don't hurl in the helmet, please don't.....)

"Hey Mac!!!  Boss is back better get to work!  What?  Nah, he made it ok.  No helmet hurl.  Yeah, it would've been fun.  Ah well, next time maybe."

"Nice Janice.  And there goes your promotion...right down the drain."

**********************************************************************************************

"What can I say?  Being an Esport Gamer is my idea of a job!  I get to play all the newest awesome games before they are even released!  Eat your heart out EA, this job is mine! "

W:  Not fair.  It's something I've dreamed about and lo and behold my watched Sim gets to live my dream.  (sigh)  Just not fair at all.

I knew I had a lot of things to do yet.  Laurent was still at work but he'd be home soon and I want everything to be just so.  Time for a pick me up and then get all the preparations done.  I wonder if he will notice I've been promoted?

Ok, dinner is done, and this awesome room is ready.  This is going to be fun!

"So hon, another stressful day at work?"

"Nah, not so bad.  I flew for the first time.  I think it's time it's over but maybe one more day.  You know how I hate to quit."

"Let's go sit down and we can talk all about it including your promotion!  Yes, I noticed.  Congrats!"

"Thank you!  You're so awesome for noticing."

"So there they all were, like vultures hanging around to see if I'd hurl.  I had to laugh watching them all scurrying like rats trying to be so casual and like they didn't miss a minute of work."

"Sounds like it was fun.  Speaking of fun.  I have a surprise for you...sort of."

"A surprise?  Whoopee!  Where is it?"

I led Laurent up the stairs to my newly redecorated room.  Really, things have been a bit boring and stale in the red room so maybe.......

A change of pace, a change of venue?  Who knows....

"I love you Ima Cooke.  That was just what I, we, needed."

"giggles.   I knew you'd like the "surprise".  Careful.  Don't want to make Llana the Llama jealous."

"You've been reading too many stories by Oshizu.  Now you're naming things."

I think the "surprise" put Laurent in a much better mood.  Later on off he went to work on our garden.  It's doing great but I don't think that's what put this pensive look on his face.  Wonder what he was thinking about?

Maybe it's thinking about that big, empty space next to the veggie garden?  Wonder what could go in there?

************************************************************************************************
Did I say how much I love my job?  Here it is the next night.  Laurent has just come home and as usual, the first thing we want to do is hug one another.

The next thing is sharing news.  Yep!  Another promotion!! 

As for anything else, well......I guess I'll just leave that for the next time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2016, 08:48:48 PM »
@Joria
I've missed this gorgeous couple while their Watcher has been away swiping swag and helping the homeless!
I love the new purple room!

Poor Laurent the Hunk, stuck in the Scientist career. Though it's possible to complete the microscope prints collection, the space prints will be forever out of his reach at the Science Lab.
A few of the space prints can only be obtained by "Search for Truth" interaction with the telescope from 8:30pm to 6a.m. Here's a link to Carl's guide.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/collections/space-prints.php

Oh a new episode in their life begins--I'm just sure the child will be incredibly beautiful! 
Will you give the child the Klepto trait to acquire some new items?

P.S. The Llama needs a name! Llarry the Llama?  Llogan the Llama? lol

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2016, 06:09:32 AM »
You show those co-workers how awesome you are by not hurling  ;) I really hope there's a nooboo in the making!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »
The upstairs, small llama does have a name.  It's Llana the Llama.  However, the downstairs, giant, flying, garden llama remains nameless.  Suggestions?  I think he's llooking llongingly for a llove affair with Llana.  (hehehe)

Klepto trait, eh?  Hmmmm.  Will consider that seriously oshizu.

Nettlejuice just the very thought of being in a helmet like that, all enclosed, makes me nauseous so just think of how horrid it would be if you hurled in one?  Ewww!  Had to do something other than the usual off to space thing, and seeing his work mate running away gave me the idea of having his workmates placing bets on whether he would or wouldn't.  Hope to do nooboo post next time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »
 @Joria

I think he's llooking llongingly for a llove affair with Llana.  (hehehe)

Llol

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »
I have been focusing a lot on reading other Simmers' stories and working on my dynasty and have left this one alone for a loooong time.  Never fear, my favorite no buy couple have a future and will make an appearance soon. 

----------
My No Buy Story

anything