Author Topic: Downloaded Sims not showing up??  (Read 38025 times)

Offline seese1

• Nooboo
Downloaded Sims not showing up??
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:53:42 AM »
Hi, I've downloaded a few sims from various websites (I haven't tried houses yet) and made sure to put them in tray folder. When I go into the gallery, the sims I downloaded don't show up anywhere. I've looked everywhere and I can't find them. And yes, I made sure to enabled showing cc as well. The only time I was able to find a sim I downloaded was when I searched their name. Unfortunately I have forgotten the names of some of the sims I downloaded so I can't do that. I'm just wondering if this is what usually happens or if there's anything I can do to make them show up in my library.
Thanks in advance for any help :)
Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. <3

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Downloaded Sims not showing up??
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:07:39 AM »
Thank you for noting what you have tried.

Have you by chance tried making sure you've enabled custom content in the Game Options:

Go to Options Menu > Game Options > Other > and make sure custom content on is checked in the Game Options. Also check Script Mods Allowed
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline seese1

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:26:40 AM »
Thank you for noting what you have tried.

Have you by chance tried making sure you've enabled custom content in the Game Options:

Go to Options Menu > Game Options > Other > and make sure custom content on is checked in the Game Options. Also check Script Mods Allowed

I have indeed done that, I have no other problems with CC, all my clothing and hair show up fine and same with my mods
Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. <3

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »
When your in My Library do you have custom content enabled there. On the left side towards the bottom click on Advance and put a check in Include Custom Content. I have to do this every time I open My Library to see everything I have in there.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline gibbanator

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 12:01:18 AM »
Sorry to add to such an old post but my problem is similar. I do not see any of my sims that I have downloaded from other websites. I understand the Sims and lots are to be placed into the tray folder. My question is do they need to be unzipped? I find files being replaced if I unzip them.

Second where do you find them once installed? will they be in the main gallery or will I find them in my gallery?

I load all CC's to mod folder along with animations. Hope I am doing this right.. could use some expert guidance and confirmation.

P.S Yes my show custom files is on under settings of game. I also have it on in the gallery area.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 01:18:59 AM »
Please forgive me if this is steps you've already taken.

It's my understanding that after you've downloaded your Sims from say TSR, you need unzip the file and copy the resulting files (similar to what's below) into your Tray folder.

For example copy these files into your Tray Folder:

0x00000000!0x00400c4a8177000e.householdbinary
0x00000001!0x00400c4a8177000e.trayitem
0x00000013!0x05400c4a8177000f.sgi
0xbe397a02!0x00400c4a8177000e.hhi
0xbe397a03!0x00400c4a8177000e.hhi

If the creator has mentioned the Sim having custom content this needs to be separately downloaded, unzipped and added to your mods folder.

At the Sims 4 main menu, click the Gallery button or Press F4.  Inside the gallery, tick Include Custom Content this will help the Sim show up in the Library tab.

Click here to learn more about downloading and Installing Sims and Lots from TSR

I'm not sure what to do if you find the files being overwritten when unzipped. You may want to look into organizing the files in your Tray Folder.

How-To: Organize the Files in the Tray Folder
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26535.msg442817#msg442817

There may be a mod that can help organize your Tray folder, but I am not for sure.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline gibbanator

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 04:33:52 AM »
Thanks for the help. Apparently I had to unzip them into the tray.. I made folders for each sim. (that helped lots) I now find all them in "My Gallery"

your guidance and links were very helpful.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything