Author Topic: Asking for exterior house design advice  (Read 1727 times)

Offline FluffyMao

• Llama Wrangler
    • The Mayfields
Asking for exterior house design advice
« on: February 17, 2016, 01:55:49 AM »
Hi!  I mostly lurk but I'm here today curious for exterior color palette advice.

I'm building a house.  It's on a lovely ocean-front lot in a custom world.  I'm blending together "modern" and "beach" houses for the overall style.  Beach houses are usually softer or brighter colors, while modern seems to favor more subdued colors & textures that contrast (whites & blacks). So, the advice I'm asking for is what kind of color palette to use for the exterior of this modern beach house.

EDIT:  Added some pictures of the house.  Please be kind to the roof.  My floorplan's an awkward shape.

These pictures feature my latest attempts of grays and blues.  I hate the siding, but I wanted something with texture to show the walls more easily.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Asking for exterior house design advice
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 04:33:01 AM »
When I think beach house, I think of the colors I see at the beach. Around here that means grays, blues, and white. In fact I did one of my bathrooms like that adding splashes of yellow (sun) and plants.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FluffyMao

• Llama Wrangler
    • The Mayfields
Re: Asking for exterior house design advice
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 01:03:35 PM »
Hmmm...I've only ever seen beach houses in bright teals, baby blues and peach...sometimes all on the same house.  :/

I added some house pictures to the original post trying out some gray/blue combos.  I think I like gray for the pillars, but not pale blue.  If you've got any thoughts on textures that would be appropriate, I'd love to hear them!  ^_^

anything