Author Topic: Skill cheats not working (Fixed)  (Read 16516 times)

Offline asoto74

• Nooboo
Skill cheats not working (Fixed)
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:28:13 AM »
Hello. So I can get testingcheats on but when I try to do the skill cheats (1 example) nothing happens. Can anyone help me please?

Dellena

Re: Skill cheats not working
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »
Walk us through, step by step, what you're doing - what part of the game you're in, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline asoto74

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:07 AM »
I hit ctrl+shft+c testingcheats true. said that it was enabled. I can left click and the cheat menu pops up, but nothing works. Also, when I tried the skill leveling stats.set_skill_level major_gardening 4 nothing happened. I also tried stats.set_skill_level_major gardening 4. I tried this with a few skills but none of the cheats are working.  :'( Both my sims are at level 3 in cooking and gardening.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 12:54:13 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what's happening with your game. The gardening skill cheat seems to be working of me. So my suggestion is to try this out in a test-new game.

In live mode, press Ctrl-Shift-C. Then highlight copy and paste (by pressing Ctrl-V together) this: stats.set_skill_level major_gardening 4 into the cheat console.

I started with Sims that had no gardening skill and skilled them up to Gardening 2, Gardening 4, then 6. Each time it worked.

If it ends up working in your test-game. Then go ahead and try it in your main game. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline asoto74

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 02:30:59 PM »
Okay thank you. I'll go and try it..

Offline asoto74

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »
Other than the cooking skill, WooHoo!! Thank you.. It was the ctrl v thank you thank you thank you!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

anything