Author Topic: Cloning Around  (Read 17494 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Cloning Around
« on: June 03, 2016, 06:17:12 AM »
Cloning Around

Goal
Your starting Sim is the evil genius Dr. Chaos, who plans to destroy the Simiverse from within. The dastardly plot is to clone an unsuspecting member from each of 8 households and move that clone in with its original, along with -- gasp! -- a Tragic Clown. Mwahaha! Your goal is to make that plot a success, even if you suffer from coulrophobia (fear of clowns).

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create a Human YA in CAS with the traits evil and genius (the 3rd is your choice). Click on the gender customization button and under "Pregnancy", choose Neither. (It's come to our attention that the aliens don't pay attention to the gender customization option, and your male Sim can still return pregnant from an abduction. We suggest you have him build a satellite dish to use for protection.)
  • This Sim will get a job in the Science career and will be able to clone Sims beginning at level 8.
  • Your starting Sim needs to get one DNA sample from 8 different premade households.
  • Your starting Sim also has to have the Tragic Clown painting hanging on a wall.
  • Each clone has to summon a Tragic Clown from the painting and become friendly enough with the TC to ask him or her to move in**.
  • Each clone also has to become best friends with the Sim that he or she was cloned from. Once this happens, the clone can use the "ask to move in" interaction. You'll move out the clone and clown but keep your starting Sim's household as the playable household.
  • The game ends when your 8 clones have moved out with their clowns. Your score is the age of your starting Sim at the end.
  • Important: Do not age up using birthday cake - let the game auto age Sim.

**Clones and Clowns are the only acceptable household additions.

Scoring

This challenge is a speed test and the information you plug into Lena's Spreadsheet will convert your score to total minutes. You must provide 1) life stage (i.e. Young Adult, Adult, etc); 2) days to age up; and the hour and minutes of your final day after you have finished and pause the game.

Total Minutes — Plug in all the necessary information into Lena's Spreadsheet and it will automatically give you how many minutes you needed to complete the challenge.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Total Minutes
Nutella                           17439
Ricalynn                           18022
LenaLJ                         18299
oshizu                           18416
thekatie0409                           21674
reggikko                           25531
Minnie Mouse                          27093
FrancescaFiori                           27958
GlazeyLady                            30260
MarianT                            31948
Ginj                           32548
Nelleam                           38707
mcbalisen                            40802
MissZoef                            40842
caramelhoney                            41764
tjtemple                            41996
Eighty8Keys                            42368
Narinn2045                            44647
StephieSims                            44975
Brisayshi                            45280
Magpie2012                           47862
sdhoey                            47972
gwyndyn                            48037

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: Cloning Around
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 07:54:18 AM »
hahaha, what an awesome and creative challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 11:37:24 AM »
What an interesting and fun challenge guys! 

Just a few clarifications. The samples have to be from premade households so they have to be the ones that come with the game not the random townies that will eventually join once the game starts?  Example: Goths, Landgraabs, BFF, Roomies, etc.

Since the DNA isn't required for the cloning, does that mean we can then clone whoever as long as it's 8 different households?

And this means using manage worlds to go back to your original playable household is allowed as the only use of this function right?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 01:39:42 PM »
The samples have to be from premade households so they have to be the ones that come with the game not the random townies that will eventually join once the game starts?  Example: Goths, Landgraabs, BFF, Roomies, etc.

Correct.

Since the DNA isn't required for the cloning, does that mean we can then clone whoever as long as it's 8 different households?

Yes and no.  DNA isn't required for cloning, but we still want you to collect DNA sample from the sim that you want to clone.  If you want to clone Bella Goth, you have to collect DNA sample from her.  During cloning, you can use Bella's DNA to clone, or use Bella herself to clone.

And this means using manage worlds to go back to your original playable household is allowed as the only use of this function right?

Correct.  Remember you have to use the "ask to move in" interaction to bring up the screen, you cannot click manage world on top right corner of the game to move sims in and out.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »

This question from Ricalynn and its response from Nutella confused me at first. You're referring to the process of moving out each clone and its tragic clown, right?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 06:29:04 PM »

This question from Ricalynn and its response from Nutella confused me at first. You're referring to the process of moving out each clone and its tragic clown, right?

Yes. If you manage to end up with your moved-out clone as the household you're playing, you can use Manage Worlds to get back to your original household. But if you pay attention, you should stay with your starting Sim's household.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 09:42:10 AM »
The rules state to use Lena's spreadsheet - do you know when it will be available?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 09:48:04 AM »
@Teresa

Updated spreadsheet link, sorry about the delay. 

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »
Awesome.  I didn't want to seem pushy but didn't want to create my own if one was forthcoming.  Thanks for posting the link!
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 11:09:25 PM »
44647 minutes played in total. Whew, that took a while! I guess that's why we have the x3 speed button, eh?  ;)   

Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 11:33:08 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

My Tragic Clown painting, with all the clone and clown photos around it.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 07:34:22 AM »
Great score and picture, Narinn2045!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »
Such an original challenge. My sim was done after 40842 minutes :) I'm very curious about people's strategies after the challenge.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
Your starting Sim will need to take a photograph of each clone and its clown.

Dear Team,

Is it recommended that we post our clone/clown photographs with our final score? Just wondering.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »
Your starting Sim will need to take a photograph of each clone and its clown.

Dear Team,

Is it recommended that we post our clone/clown photographs with our final score? Just wondering.

It's optional - just a fun thing you can add to your minutes time if you want to.

anything