Author Topic: Inappropriate Behavior caused glitch  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Inappropriate Behavior caused glitch
« on: June 13, 2016, 06:38:08 AM »
My sim was hungry while managing her restaurant.  Her whole family came to hang out/help/do homework etc.  When my sim tried to cook dinner on a stove in the back room, her sister said that it was inappropriate behavior.  After a few more tries to complete the meal, my sim was asked to leave.  At that point, I lost control of all of my sims.  The restaurant, while it remained opened, was inaccessible.  I could not raise or lower the walls or look inside except through the windows.

My sim was able to cook a meal the night before but she was the only one in the household at the restaurant.  No one was there to tell her that her behavior was inappropriate.  I will reload my game and try again.  Perhaps if I give her the "Always Welcome" trait, she will be able to cook herself dinner in her own restaurant while her family members are on site.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: Inappropriate Behavior caused glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
The same thing happened to me on my Wonder Child file, except on my home lot. It was even for the same thing; my sim was also just cooking a meal. I don't remember anything I tried fixing it, but I didn't give the sim Always Welcome, so maybe that will help.

I don't know what causes it. My sim was in the middle of throwing a party., and this all occurred months ago, so I'm not sure it's related to Dine Out. Actually, I thought it had been fixed a few patches ago. Guess not. Hope you can fix it!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
The "Always Welcome" trait worked.

Do you think the game is intended to work this way or do you think it is a bug/glitch?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
I really doubt it's supposed to be like this, since at least in my case, my sim was kicked out of her own home. Maybe it's different for restaurants, but this just seems like an extension of the same glitch.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:06:23 PM »
For some reason if you have not allocated your sim as the chef during parties at their own home cooking will be regarded as inappropriate behavior. This actually happened since launch as the cooking sim would often get his/her own family gasping at his audacity to cook in his own home  :P and their relationship would take a double negative hit.

Since the gurus added to this feature in a patch the cooking sim will now get 3 warnings and then be thrown out of the house. The Always Welcome trait will stop all of this and is totally worth buying for a sim that you are going to have cooking at parties or at the family restaurant.

Weird, I guess sims think cooking at certain times is very rude.  ???
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 06:50:01 PM »
I'm playing a game with a sims-owned restaurant where toddlers may not be left home alone, so I often have to bring them to the restaurant.
They stay in the restaurant's back room with one or more adult.

I noticed one toddler's icon showed bright red, though she had been sleeping.
Her parent, I discovered, was repeatedly waking up the toddler to scold her for "inappropriate behavior."

Once I locked the door to the toddler's bedroom, the parent stopped complaining.
This seems to be a new thing, since I had no trouble with toddlers sleeping in another restaurant's back room last real-life month.