Author Topic: Can't move in hermit  (Read 5385 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Can't move in hermit
« on: June 18, 2016, 07:59:25 AM »
How can I get the hermit to move in with me? I can't invite him to visit me at home, only in Granite Falls. I've chatted to him until my sim and he are best friends, and even made them BFFs but still no option to move him in.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Can't move in hermit
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 08:24:08 AM »
@_Annika_
I also couldn't get the "Ask to move in" option or even the "Invite to current lot" option with the hermit.
Since he couldn't be invited to my sim's home, I selected "Travel with..." and took the hermit somewhere else (Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek). Once we got there, I could invite him to move in.
Hope this works for you, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 08:36:27 AM »
I don't know how you managed that. I can't travel to a home world lot from Granite Falls, and he won't show up in my travel list whilst at home.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 08:42:46 AM »
Hmmm.
I visited him a second time at Granite Falls, but still didn't get the Ask to move in option, so I went home.
When I opened my relationship panel (while at home) and clicked "Friends," the hermit showed up. So I clicked on his picture and selected "Travel."

This is different from starting out by selecting "Travel with..." Sorry I explained incorrectly the first time--I don't have my game open right now.
Also, if I remember correctly, he doesn't show up all the time (that is, I didn't catch him at home at first).
I remember being irritated and wondering why he wouldn't be available since he didn't have a job, lol. I guess he likes to hang out.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »
I'm afraid that did not work either. I think I may have to wait a while and see if it changes.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 09:31:25 PM »
I had thought the Hermit was sort of 'locked out' of being added to a household in normal game play due to the fact that he/she is a needed NPC in OR.

I know that the hermit can usually be found at a fishing spot after making him/her BFF but that is a random chance and not a guarantee.

Maybe throwing a party and inviting the hermit as one of the guests might work... if the hermit shows up in the invite menu.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »
Brilliant thinking to try a party, but still no joy :( He did not show up on the guest list.
Does the chance for him to show up at fishing spots include any fishing spots? In your home world?

EDIT: In the end I thought I'd try playing on fast forward to see if he would eventually become available to travel with. I spent the time sending him text messages. After about a day, he rang ME and ask to come and hang out. It's not as reliable as inviting him over, but at least it's a possibility. And once he arrived I was then able to ask him to move in. He didn't become available to travel with or invite over during that time though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 11:03:02 PM »
I found that the fishing spots near the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household were good for the hermit appearing. Rats about the party. Is your sim able to ask the Hermit on a date? Or add him/her to a club?

*edit: Just read your edit. lol. Glad you found a way at last.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »
@_Annika_

I'm really glad you succeeded in snagging the elusive hermit.
Are you enjoying having him in your household?
I remember adding him to a club in my Immortal Dynasty and he kept setting fires in the kitchen, so I kicked him out. Lol.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 12:45:12 AM »
Actually I got annoyed at all the experimental travel and such that I had to do to get him to move in. So my start-over-itis kicked in and I figured I'd befriend him first this time around. I do intend on putting him to work making salves and liniments. My sim is not interested in dating him, but that did cross my mind if I was using a female sim. I don't have any other expansions of any kind other than Granite Falls, so I'm limited on other options. Thank you for the tip on the fishing spot! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for him if he doesn't invite himself over this time.