Author Topic: Could a bed be placed in a room other than your house's bedroom?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Jake Johnson

• Llama Wrangler
See topic.

For a long time, I have considered doing a version of Zork's White House (BTW, it's not the Presidential Mansion.)

Yes, I already know I will have to fundamentally change the house from its Zork I version by giving it a functioning front door (in Zork I, one entered and exited via a kitchen window.)

However, the White House had the following rooms:

Kitchen
Living Room
Attic
Cellar

It had no bedroom, and no bathroom (I will be forced to violate the original blueprint by giving it a bathroom - it will be off the kitchen, and it will simply have a commode and tub.)

Since the blueprint calls for no bedroom, I was considering putting a bed in the living room, roughly where the "couch" would be.

As I asked in my topic title, can a bed be placed and used in a room other than a house's "bedroom?"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jake Johnson

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Could a bed be placed in a room other than your house's bedroom?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 07:42:33 PM »
Cool.

Because I have another weird Sims idea!

Did anyone else watch the four seasons of Solitary on Fox Reality?

The whole idea is to create a Solitary contestant and a Solitary Pod (I am choosing Pod 5 - the blue one.)

The main Pod (the main room) will have a bed, table, chair, and a Flat-Screen TV (to represent Val.)

The Antepod will consist of a toilet and bathtub.

I am adding an "extra pod," where the counter and fridge are (in Solitary, you ate when Val said you did, but here the rules are different.)

The only real oddity is the house's shape needs to be an octagon (if you've seen the show, you know that!)

The traits for the Solitarian are:

Loner (obviously)
Athletic (believe me, the show sort of required it)
Angler (the Solitarian is just not allowed to communicate with others - fishing is OK)
Handy (he lives alone.  He needs to be capable of fixing his own stuff.)
Natural Cook (again, he lives alone.)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Could a bed be placed in a room other than your house's bedroom?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »
I did watch ALL of that show. I still think about that hot sauce challenge when I'm eating Indian food. Your idea sounds like fun.

anything