Author Topic: Night of Death Flowers - Graveyard and Some Concerns  (Read 5994 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Night of Death Flowers - Chapter 4 - You Love It
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 12:53:28 AM »
Aww, I love this chapter so much - it brings me back to the glory days of mush when Clarissa and Liam had that adorable first kiss. I love them so much!
Carina draws ever nearer... it should be great fun to see her. Poor Uncle Jupiter though! :-X ::)

I'm excited for the new characters yet to come, especially the adorable green one. ;)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: Night of Death Flowers - Chapter 4 - You Love It
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 09:41:41 PM »
Aww, I love this chapter so much - it brings me back to the glory days of mush when Clarissa and Liam had that adorable first kiss. I love them so much!
Carina draws ever nearer... it should be great fun to see her. Poor Uncle Jupiter though! :-X ::)

I'm excited for the new characters yet to come, especially the adorable green one. ;)

It really was so adorable! Oh she does and she knows it. I love the green one and her little vampire that happens to be occasionally insane (though clearly perfect.)  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Night of Death Flowers - Chapter 5 - Carina
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 09:47:44 PM »

Jack and Liam's amazing dialogue is from Livvielove and the flashback was written by Livvielove in her Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment. She deserves full credit as always.  :)
=======================================================================================

Clarissa opened her eyes the moment the screaming started. She hesitantly stepped to her feet as a little girl started screaming.
“Dada. Daddy! Dada!”
Liam was already sitting on the edge of the bed wiping the sleep from his eyes. "Well if it isn't my favorite little alarm clock."

He mumbled to himself as he stood up. Clarissa’s eyes widened as she walked out of the room and saw the little girl with bright green eyes and red hair with blue streaks in it.

She scowled at the floor while clinging to an unfamiliar man with unusual blue eyes and blond hair.

Her eyes instantly brightened as she smiled and reached out for Liam.
“Dada!”  She stared quizzically at Clarissa as Clarissa smiled softly at her. She tugged on her hair gently before her eyes widened. “Oh!”

Liam smiled as he tossed the little girl into the air. "If it isn't my little nutter!" He slowly brought her down into a tight hug. "Oh! I've missed your hugs so much! Now did you give Grandpa Jack a hard time?" He teased lightly.

She started giggling before she closed her eyes as she rested her head on Liam’s shoulder and almost fell asleep. “Uncle Jupiter wept walking about Evewline and the duct wape wouldn’t weep him quiet.” She scowled.

Liam laughed causing his shoulders to shake slightly. "Oh, I see. We can't have that, can we, Rina?" He shook his head and looked at Clarissa. "My brother Jupiter is a bit hung up on his ex."

Jack sighed. "I've been working on it slowly." He yawned and shook his head before smiling warmly at Clarissa. "I'm glad to see you're doing alright, Ms. Clarissa. Esmerelda told me you're having a bit of trouble with your memory, though. I'm Jack Reaper." He said warmly.

Liam rolled his eyes slightly. "My pops." He pursed his lips and shrugged lightly. "Well, the closest thing I've got to a pops." He and Jack shared a smile.

Clarissa chuckled, "you can't even keep your own family straight? Are you sure you guys are Reapers?" She teased. Of course they did. Clarissa had no doubt they did even though she didn’t know the majority of her family herself.
Jack took the question seriously and Clarissa wondered if she had offended him,"of course. It's simply a matter of lineage. It started with Agnes and Tragic who had 6 children. Aurora - one of elder twins - went on to have a little girl named Emrin. Emrin had two children - and this is the important part - named Atrox and Noten. Two sons." He nodded as he drove the car through the traffic of Bridgeport. Liam was mocking him from the backseat, making faces at Clarissa who was trying not to laugh too loudly. Clarissa just wanted to see him smile and couldn’t help but admit that she liked him. Just a little.
Jack continued "Atrox is Liam's grandfather, and Noten is Mary's father. So Liam's mother is cousins to Mary, who we are going to visit today. That would make her Liam's second cousin."
Liam smirked, "thanks for the lesson professor. Did you get all that Clarissa? We'll be testing you on it later, along with every monarch in the history of forever." He sassed. "Hey old man, you forgot to tell her how you're related to Mary and Alec." He joked.
"Well that's a different route down the family tree entirely," Jack started.
"NO! No, I didn't mean-!" Liam realized what he had done too late and groaned, leaning his head against the window.

"Now you've done it." Clarissa smirked at him. She didn’t mind it but Liam seemed pretty annoyed. It was a bunch of names that confused her anyways even if she tried to keep up.
"So my lineage goes back to another of Agnes and Tragic's children..."
Liam looked at Clarissa mischievously, "in my bag," he whispered and pointed to the bag on the floor by her feet, "there's a green bottle." He made a motion to tell her to grab it. Clarissa was tempted to ask him why but went with it. She had played enough pranks in high school to know not to question them. She shuffled through the bag and flashed the bottle in question to him anyways. Oh well. Liam grinned and made a motion with his hands to unscrew the lid and motioned towards Jack, who she was sitting behind.
Her eyes went wide and she shook her head. Not now while he was driving the car. They went back and forth with each other while Jack kept talking, Liam shaking his head yes, and Clarissa who finally shrugged and started to unscrew the lid. Liam turned to the window and tapped the back of his neck, showing her where to hit him with it. Clarissa rolled her eyes and looked at him sternly in a I-can't-believe-I'm-doing-this way. She couldn’t help but trust the man with the mischievous bright green eyes anyways.
Liam whispered, "one drop." The car pulled to a red light and Clarissa carefully leaned over to drop a tiny droplet onto Jack's neck; she looked at Liam anxiously but he was egging her on by pumping his fist, abruptly stopping when Jack turned his head that direction, confused.
 It didn't last long though before Jack turned his head back forward, "we could go all the way back to a time way before you two were even thought of!" Clarissa’s eyes widened. He continued on and suddenly one droplet that had been precariously on the edge of the flask fell onto Jack's neck. The light turned green and the car jolted forward, causing Clarissa to flail as she maintained herself.

"Everyone alright?" Jack asked suddenly, only his voice was different, it was two octaves higher than it should have been. He didn't seem to even notice the difference, but Liam struggled to not bust into laughter.
"Yup old man," Liam’s grin was so big he felt his face might break, "we're good. Please keep going." He grinned deviously. Clarissa had to resist the urge to laugh out loud.
Jack continued his story, though it sounded like he had sucked in helium. Clarissa finally started laughing under her breath and Liam was biting his lip to prevent himself from outright laughing. "What's so funny?" Jack finally asked, looking at them inquisitively.
Liam licked his lips but couldn't stop grinning, "oh nothing, I just saw a squirrel, and it was just... it's hard to explain" He snickered.
Clarissa just nodded as laughter bubbled from her lips and her eyes widened. Whoops. Jack raised his eyebrow, "a squirrel?" The way his voice inflected on it caused them both to bust out laughing completely.
"What? Is there something wrong with my..." He trailed off suddenly, "LIAM!"
Liam gripped his sides, "What?! I didn't do anything! It was all her!" He pointed to Clarissa.
Clarissa's eyes went big, "me!? Don't you DARE throw me under the bus! You TOLD me to do it!"
Liam gave her a charming smile, "you didn't have to listen to me, sweetheart." He teased. She didn’t but she did anyways. If she had to do everything over again, she would do it again.

“Grandpa Jack.” Carina corrected Liam. Carina. Her name was Carina. Clarissa’s daughter. The fact seemed to surprise her even more as she stared at the child with bright green eyes.

Liam chuckled. "Right, right. Grandpa Jack." He kissed the top of Carina's head and smiled. "Hey, my Rina, I have someone you need to meet."

Carina stared curiously at Clarissa before tugging on her hair again. “Oh.” Clarissa felt anxiety creep up into the back of her mind. What if her daughter didn’t like her because she was gone so long?

Clarissa focused on emotions that were still alien to her in the back of her mind too. Liam’s it seemed. Content and happy. He was content and happy so everything was okay.

Clarissa felt herself relax as she smiled at Carina who giggled before reaching her small arms out to her. Clarissa felt her eyes widened in surprise. She thought it would take more time for her daughter to be even okay with her holding her. She never thought that she would want Clarissa to hold her. Clarissa hesitantly reached to hold her as Carina smiled at her.

Carina yawned before burying her head into Clarissa’s hair.
“She is so adorable.” Clarissa said softly.
“I know.” Carina said sleepily as Clarissa laughed lightly.

Liam laughed. "Darn straight! My baby girl is perfect just the way she is." He leaned over and kissed her cheek exaggeratedly. "Carina, I want you to say hello to your mommy, can you say hello to your beautiful mom?"

Clarissa bit her cheek as she tried not to be too disappointed if Carina didn’t want to. Instead Carina smiled at Clarissa and hugged her tightly. “Mommy.” Clarissa smiled as she held her baby girl in her arms for the first time. Well, the first time she remembered.
 Liam grinned widely at Clarissa. "That's right, Rina. That's your mom."
“Mommy.” Carina corrected him.

Clarissa grinned. “What would your silly daddy do with you around to correct him?”
Carina sighed. “I don’t know.”
Liam scowled. "I'll have you know that I'm hopeless without my two perfect ladies."

Clarissa’s face brightened. "Oh, so that is where wy face comes frwom. I wook wike my daddy!"
Clarissa laughed loudly. “Your daddy also makes a lot of faces, doesn’t he? Do you makes a lot of faces like him?”
Carina nodded. “It’s a gift.”
Liam smirked. "Of course it is, you little nutter. You learned from the best, right?"
Carina nodded furiously. “Right.” Carina fell asleep a few moments later in Clarissa’s arms as she smiled softly at her. She hadn’t exactly had all the time with Carina she wanted but she was hoping she could make it up to her little girl. With her little girl in her arms and the man that loved her with her Clarissa felt she could do anything. She almost felt unstoppable.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Night of Death Flowers - Chapter 5 - Carina
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 01:12:00 AM »
Aw! I love the little Carina. The screenshots really help make this chapter. :D
Poor Clarissa has a long way to go, but at least she's not alone - she's got an adorable, duct-tape loving girl and her angry alchemist. ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Night of Death Flowers - Graveyard and Some Concerns
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »
Okay, I'm a bit terrified to post this because of where this went. It seems I have the worse luck completing these stories, but I have made the decision that it is best not to continue this story. It's hard to explain and difficult to go into extreme detail about, but I will try to just get the key points of why I'm putting this in the graveyard for anyone who was reading this story. The first one is that the more I write, the more I realize that my plots are going to have parts of them I would have to completely take out to even have the story hosted on this forum in fear of breaking the forum rules. I have spent a lot of time on thinking what is the best course of action to take in this case and have decided it's best to not continue this story. The second reason is heavily tied to the first one in this case due to the majority of the content taken out, I have not truly showed the character's personalities in the ways I wanted to. I know this story seems to be just at chapter five but I was ahead at least two to three chapters and my frustration continued to grow. It's come to the point where as much as I adore this forum, I can't do dark topics the justice they deserve unless they are disguised in a light-hearted manner. I will just read stories where you can't be clear if something absolutely horrid just happened or the writer just decided to skip along. It's just...I read a story that had rape in it on here and while it was done as best as it could be done on this forum, I'm not even sure what to say. I probably crossed a line here posting this, but I truthfully hope this will be taken into consideration and read. I have been thinking this for months now and I'm really trying to put it in the most respectful way as possible.