Author Topic: Dine out staff  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Amoudi543

• Nooboo
Dine out staff
« on: August 07, 2016, 06:27:23 AM »
So my chef is not that good and my wife is level 10 in cooking so i want her to be the chef how can i do that ?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Dine out staff
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 08:21:38 AM »
Have you promoted your chef to level 5? Also, did you pay for your chefs training?  The only way to maybe get his wife to become a chef is to not to live in the household.  The game gets the employees from sims that are in something like a pool of sims that are not active.   So the wife would have to be evicted and there could be a chance she shows up in the possible employees when you hire your chefs.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »
The game won't allow you to use played Sims as NPC restaurant workers.

A player in the Sims forum made a tutorial on how to make your own Sims to be used in DO.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889921/tutorial-on-how-to-hire-your-own-sims-you-made-to-work-in-your-restaurant/p1

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »
I don't know if it works for owned restaurants, but have you tried putting a "Globe of Inspiration", near the chef's station, or used any of the artifacts, that give of "Inspired" emotions? It might improve your chef's mood & therefore help performance. I know that if the restaurant is un-owned, you can buy about anything, to decorate it.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 03:00:44 PM »
I don't know if it works for owned restaurants, but have you tried putting a "Globe of Inspiration", near the chef's station, or used any of the artifacts, that give of "Inspired" emotions? It might improve your chef's mood & therefore help performance. I know that if the restaurant is un-owned, you can buy about anything, to decorate it.

Good idea, CuriousSim.  That sounds like a cool idea.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 03:03:40 PM »
The game won't allow you to use played Sims as NPC restaurant workers.

A player in the Sims forum made a tutorial on how to make your own Sims to be used in DO.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889921/tutorial-on-how-to-hire-your-own-sims-you-made-to-work-in-your-restaurant/p1

Thanks a lot for this link, RunAmokSims,.  I'm going to try it.  It looks really helpful.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 06:40:20 PM »
The tutorial that @RunAmokSims provided a link for is absolutely wonderful. I used it and now I always hire my own choice of sims. Sometimes there skill levels are not retained but of course all their traits are etc. I've found that cheerful, good, inspired sims make the best staff. lol

Of course if you want drama then try a mean, noncommittal, loner or something like that as they will always be tense or angry! I find it pretty hilarious when my staff quit on me.   
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »
The tutorial that @RunAmokSims provided a link for is absolutely wonderful. I used it and now I always hire my own choice of sims. Sometimes there skill levels are not retained but of course all their traits are etc. I've found that cheerful, good, inspired sims make the best staff. lol

Of course if you want drama then try a mean, noncommittal, loner or something like that as they will always be tense or angry! I find it pretty hilarious when my staff quit on me.   

Thanks, glad you liked it. 

Just wondering.  When your staff quit did they just fail to appear or was there some drama I'm not aware of?  If they just quit and disappeared it's part of the culling bug. Supposedly if you put Sims in a house it's supposed to save them but I've found that's not always the case.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »
Total drama. Had a few messages to the effect they were not very happy. They became quite tense and slammed around the place for some hours, dropping food way more often too. Eventually got a message something along the lines of you can take this job and shove it. lol Then the sim stomped out kicking the rubbish bin over on the way.  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 09:36:57 PM »
Total drama. Had a few messages to the effect they were not very happy. They became quite tense and slammed around the place for some hours, dropping food way more often too. Eventually got a message something along the lines of you can take this job and shove it. lol Then the sim stomped out kicking the rubbish bin over on the way.  ;D

@Playalot
*dies laughing

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 01:25:28 AM »
@oshizu hehehe ikr  ;D

@RunAmokSims  have you had housed sims culled?

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »
If they drop food, then it can be good for customers. You can salvage it for parts & sometimes find something interesting, if your handiness is high enough.