Author Topic: Could two Sims be created out of one character?  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Jake Johnson

• Llama Wrangler
Could two Sims be created out of one character?
« on: September 25, 2016, 07:17:07 AM »
What I mean by my topic title is could one Sim have two different sets of traits, which could be triggered by a formula (I've wanted to play Jekyll and Hyde in The Sims 3 for a long time - I've just been too busy playing Skyrim and preparing for the new version being released next month.)

I'm basing these traits on both Henry Jekyll and Edward Hyde from the book by Robert Louis Stevenson and their appearance in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Henry Jekyll:

Genius (he's a doctor)
Good

Bookworm
Charismatic
Neat

Lifetime Wish: World-Renowned Surgeon

Edward Hyde:

Genius (he's got one part of Jekyll in him)

Evil

Athletic
Daredevil
Charismatic

Lifetime Wish: The Emperor of Evil

BTW, I am getting the PC version of The Sims 3 for Christmas, so if there is a way to create that Sim (or those Sims?) only on the PC, then that's OK.

In the meantime, I've considered the builds, and just making sure they do not appear together in public.

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
Re: Could two Sims be created out of one character?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 01:26:59 PM »
I think that the closest thing is becoming a werewolf but I don't think that can change traits, but it might. Although they would maybe be changed for both regular and werewolf form  :o :-\

So I think you can use the cheat and change the traits with that, although the wishes and some free will actions from the old traits, will remain.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 09:21:10 AM »
@Nimrod Mikkusu is right about the werewolf form not changing traits, so what a shame. And there are a LOT of glitches with customized werewolf forms, so a carefully-crafted Mr. Hyde could revert to a generic EA werewolf the next time. :(

The only solution I can think of is very manual and requires use of NRaas MasterController. So it's definitely not a console-friendly suggestion to tide you over until you get the PC game.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 11:39:32 PM »
This is posted in the console area. I don't remember anyway to change traits on the PS3, and there are no mods or life states available. Is there anything useful in the karma purchases?

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »
Well, I guess you can just make the sim have two different outfits and act accordingly.  ???

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 09:06:52 AM »
Back in the day, when I was playing on the console, I made twin sisters with opposing traits - Good v. Evil, Slob v. Neat, Athletic v. Couch Potato, etc. It was fun and chaotic. They hated each other.

Offline Jake Johnson

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 07:46:31 PM »
KRae said:

"Back in the day, when I was playing on the console, I made twin sisters with opposing traits - Good v. Evil, Slob v. Neat, Athletic v. Couch Potato, etc. It was fun and chaotic. They hated each other."

That sounds like a blast!  Is there a way to make one a "day person" and the other a "night person?"  Then they could really seem like Jekyll and Hyde!

Good vs Evil
Neat vs Slob
Artistic vs Can't Stand Art
Handy vs Technophobe
Athletic vs Couch Potato

I can already see The Two Stoogettes getting into a couple of good fights!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.