Author Topic: Trying to become a Freelance Botanist  (Read 8687 times)

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
Trying to become a Freelance Botanist
« on: September 30, 2016, 01:58:26 AM »
Liberty Lee has tried two times, to become a Freelance Botanist. She is a Space Ranger, so she managed to get her hands on a cowplant berry, but there seems to be only one mission that gives her that. It's a rare mission, and the mission conditions can change, apparently. You have a choice of jungle or swamp, and either one can be the right answer. Anyway, each time she has tried to grow a cowplant, the plant pops into maturity, and nothing happens for her, as far as her aspiration. She can be present, when the plant evolves & absolutely nothing happens. I am growing a bit tired of waiting for days, and nothing happens, then having to wait for another berry to come along. Is there anything that can be done? Can something be done differently, to ensure success of the aspiration? Here is Liberty playing with her plant. I'd rather not have to keep replacing plants & growing new ones.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Trying to become a Freelance Botanist
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:12:19 AM »
@CuriousSim --- If getting more cowplant berries would help you, have Liberty go to the deep woods if you have outdoor retreat.  Fish next to the waterfall to get cowplant berries --- or at the waterfall fishing spot in Sylvan Glade. 

You could also use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects.  Then type debug into the build mode search box.  Scroll down to find a rare fishing pond.  It will say rare fishing pond if you hover over it with your mouse.  However, the rare fishing pond will look like a bunch of reeds in a circle with nothing in the middle, so, it doesn't really look like a fishing pond, at first glance.

I'm not sure what else you could try, but maybe that will get you started.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:09:50 AM »
Thank you very much. Aside from the aging cheat, to counteract birthdays, I try to be sparing with cheats. I'm not above using workarounds, that accomplish the same thing, though. I saved her berry to the gallery, and I can try again. I would like to know why the plant didn't register for her aspiration, if it's known. Maybe, there's something different I should be doing. Don't know. Thank you for the advice, though. You are always helpful.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:10:03 AM »
Have you done the grafting with Dragonfruit with Snapdragon to get the cowplant berry?  You can grow them. A list of all the plants and how to get them grafting also.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 01:07:23 PM »
Thank you very much. Aside from the aging cheat, to counteract birthdays, I try to be sparing with cheats. I'm not above using workarounds, that accomplish the same thing, though. I saved her berry to the gallery, and I can try again. I would like to know why the plant didn't register for her aspiration, if it's known. Maybe, there's something different I should be doing. Don't know. Thank you for the advice, though. You are always helpful.
Thanks, CuriousSim.  I'm glad I could help! 

@sdhoey --- Growing cowplant berries is a really good idea!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:04:18 PM »
@CuriousSim
I believe the fastest way to acquire a cowplant berry is to go fishing off the dock in Magnolia Promenade. It's the only fishing spot there.
I've had sims catch a cowplant berry when fishing for the very first time, so it's faster than the grafting route (which requires Level 5 gardening).

Also, have you tried repairing your game? The Freelance Botanist's "Grow a cowplant" milestone has never failed to trigger for me, but I've never grown one in a basement either.
What about placing your cowplant in household inventory, then replanting it outside?

Good luck!

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
Thank you. Those sound like good ideas to try. With another household, I was able to get my Sim to accomplish her aspiration, with the plant in the basement. I wanted to reduce the chance of guests getting accidentally eaten, if the Sims get careless with the plant's care. Does it make a difference, if there are multiple Sims in the household? Also, might two Sims, in the same household, with the same aspiration, throw things off?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 04:26:43 PM »
Does it make a difference, if there are multiple Sims in the household?

No. 

Also, might two Sims, in the same household, with the same aspiration, throw things off?

I suppose it's possible, but hasn't happened in my experiences.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »
A little update:

The problem seems to have rectified itself. I switched to another Sim, to get her house in order. I then switched back to BFF, to I could try out the new challenge for Travis. (He has the Grilled Cheese aspiration, and only one task left) When I switched, Liberty's plant aspiration was completed. I was also able to insta-complete it, for the rest of the household. Thanks for all the suggestions. I enjoy this community.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 09:11:31 PM »
A little update:

The problem seems to have rectified itself. I switched to another Sim, to get her house in order. I then switched back to BFF, to I could try out the new challenge for Travis. (He has the Grilled Cheese aspiration, and only one task left) When I switched, Liberty's plant aspiration was completed. I was also able to insta-complete it, for the rest of the household. Thanks for all the suggestions. I enjoy this community.
That's great to hear @CuriousSim!  I'm really glad that your game is going the way it's supposed to again and that everyone could help you with ideas to try to fix that part of the Freelance Botanist aspiration! :)  This is a great community! :)

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 10:36:23 PM »
I've decided that I like playing with multiple Sim Households. For one, you get pretty good earning power. Also, the magic trash can gives you a bonus, multiplied by the number of Sims in the household, when you toss in recyclables. Many rewards are multiplied. The Wealth aspiration bonuses really add up. The BFF household seems to be one of the more interesting ones. Each Sim has their own personality, but they compliment each other, in a way. They have a huge & gorgeous house. I like that two of them have geekish careers. The careers are different, though. Boost week was fun. It allowed me to really pump that household up. They seem to all be super nice Sims, with hardly any undesirable character aspects.

anything