Author Topic: Imaginary friend problem?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline MilosSimmerSRB

• Nooboo
Imaginary friend problem?
« on: October 16, 2016, 07:35:50 AM »
My sim toddler played with imaginary friend all day long and grew up but imaginary friend didn't. Can you help?   :(

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Imaginary friend problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 08:32:26 AM »
Did you put the doll out of the child's inventory ? Imaginary friends need to be on the ground to grow up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline caramelhoney

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »
I had the same problem. My toddler sim grew into a child and I put her doll on the ground as soon as she grew up, but the doll didn't grow. Now she's a teen and it still hasn't grown, and all my sim can do is pick up the doll. And in my other toddler, his doll dissapeared out of his inventory and I can't find it anymore..

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:24:28 PM »
From what I understand with the IF doll you have to have it out of the Sim's inventory around the child's birthday so it can grow up along with the child.

As for the missing doll depending on how long ago it went missing you can either go back to the place(s) the toddler/child was playing with it last to see if it's still there. It might help to reset the doll. Or evict the family and move them back in.  This helps to "reset" the whole family. This may bring the doll back and help it grow up.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

If that doesn't help, you can try going back to a previous save. From before the doll went missing.

Go Back to a Previous Save
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg433992#msg433992
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *