Author Topic: Party Animal aspiration and the party counter  (Read 12484 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Party Animal aspiration and the party counter
« on: October 20, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »
I'll eventually need to complete the Party Animal aspiration for my legacy challenge, so I've been practicing with another sim (my third-generation heir).

Since this sim selected this aspiration, he's thrown one gold-medal Dinner Party and a gold-medal Black and White Bash.
He phoned in the parties though he shared host duties with two other family members.

My problem is that his Tier 2 aspiration menu looks like this:
Throw 3 parties 0/3
Earn silver on 3 social events 2/3

Questions:
1.  Am I misunderstanding how to do this aspiration or is my party counter glitched?
2.  Does the sim have to be the sole host for the party to count?

Any other advice, suggestions, or comments would be deeply appreciated! I'd like to sort out this aspiration before I attempt to complete it for real.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Party Animal aspiration and the party counter
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 04:54:59 PM »
I'm working on Party Animal right now in my Rival Dynasty story. The Spooky Party doesn't seem to count towards "Thrown" parties, but does count for events. And the dance party might be the same. I haven't tried using any Sim in addition to my Party Animal as a host. A very good reward trait to buy is "Always Welcome." You'll have to host some parties at other Sims' houses, and this prevents your Sim from being regarded as "inappropriate."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »
@MarianT

Thank you for your informative reply. It's really helpful to know that the aspiration distinguishes between thrown parties and social events.
So I'm assuming, then, that some party types won't count toward the aspiration.
I'd read somewhere that parties that aren't called "Party" don't count, like Weddings and Weenie Roasts.
Along that line of thought, I can understand why a Black and White Bash wouldn't count, but don't see why a Dinner Party isn't acknowledged.

I completed this aspiration earlier this year and don't recall the party counter being so particular, hehe.
Maybe it's only "base game parties," except the dinner party.  Hmmmm. 

Marian, it would be great if you could share your insights on this aspiration after you complete it. This is such a daunting aspiration!

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »
I think the party counter is bugged; recently had a Sim throw several silver birthday parties for his siblings and neither the party counter nor the silver counter recognised them!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 07:57:55 PM »
I'm going to second the bug theory. I recently completed Party Animal aspiration and I just cycled through all of the party I options available through the "plan a social event" option on the phone and they all counted. I'm so sorry your game is being difficult!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 09:22:16 PM »
@Ginj and @FrancescaFiori

Thank you both for your very helpful input!
Francesca, you lucky dawg, you! It's good to know that, in a functioning game, all the listed social events accessible by phone should count.
And Ginj, looks like we both need to repair our games and try other ways to fix our counters.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »
I had the same issue, oshizo. I got so frustrated that I abandoned working on that aspiration. Of course, that's not helpful if you must complete it for a challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »
@reggikko

I tried repairing my game last night, but that made no difference at all.

The odd thing is, later, I was looking at party screenshots from earlier in my legacy challenge l and noticed that the party counter was counting fine during the first generation.
Maybe I'll wait until City Living releases and just substitute the new City Native aspiration for Party Animal... I guess that'd be pretty sleazy of me, haha.
I could try the reinstall but I'm too lazy right now.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »
Here's a quote from today's (very very funny) patch notes:

The Social Event requirements for the Party Animal aspiration will now complete even if the Party Animal Sim is not the currently selected Sim when the social event ends.

Aha, so this is what I'd been doing wrong. Hopefully, though, the patch will remedy my legacy's party animal blues! *crosses fingers

Edited to add: Nope, it's still broken for me.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »
@oshizu  did you try in a new game?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »
@oshizu  did you try in a new game?

I haven't yet. I've spent the past 9 hours trying to get the Detective career to function in my legacy file.  It was working for a while and now it's not, again.

After a factory reset, though, I did check the party counter and it hasn't changed.
I've decided not to care about a perfect score, so I'll probably ditch Party Animal for this legacy. 

Thank you for your follow-up!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
That's ok. Shame though as it's difficult letting go of goals like that! Especially when it is due to a faulty game.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 08:01:55 PM »
@Playalot  @reggikko  @MarianT  @Ginj  @FrancescaFiori

After all my recent moaning and groaning about the Party Animal aspiration and its broken counter, I'd like to share my (happy) update.

After failing to count "Throw 3 parties" in the first tier, the party counter worked fine for the rest of the goals.
My sim only threw parties if the goal specifically requested a "party"; otherwise, all required social events were completed by going on dates.

tldr; The Party Animal aspiration only failed to work in the first tier, but later accurately kept track of silver- and gold-medal parties thrown as well as social events thrown and attended.
       To move past the first tier, I had to use the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 08:12:44 PM »
@oshizu --- I'm really happy for you :)!  It feels great when you finally can accomplish a goal --- in the game --- or otherwise

Coolsim

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 08:28:39 PM »
@coolsim9999999

Thanks! My legacy family had completed every other aspiration except Party Animal and the thought of letting it go was driving me crazy!

anything