Author Topic: The Dueling Veronaville Dynasties (All is right with the world, Updated 01/27)  (Read 10056 times)

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Prologue
San Myshuno, 10 years after the Capp-Monty Truce

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Desdemona: Here's to our independence girls! Free from family expectations and pressure to be successful and having to set aside what I want for the sake of honor...

Beatrice: Yeah! We finally get to live the lives we want!

Bottom: I'll drink to that!

Several juices later.
Desdemona: So then Julie told me that Romeo said he wants a new baby!

Beatrice:No! Who'd have thought that my dudebro cousin would be such a family man?!

Desdemona: Yeah, I'm happy for them. Oh, Miranda texted me from her honeymoon with Merc to Sunlit Tides, they're loving it there.

Beatrice: Aw, I'm happy for them, they're such cuties. It's so hard to think that when we were kids our families all still hated each other, and here we are! No rivalries, no hatred, no fear.
Bottom: I know! I have to admit though, as a kid I was always kind of jealous of Dezzi and her family.

Beatrice: What, really!?

Bottom: Yeah I know! I guess I always kind of admired the Capps for their prestige and history. Don't get me wrong, I adore Mom and Dad more than anything and they did the best for me and Puck when we were growing up, but I always felt like I was missing out on a family history since I was adopted. I don't know, it sounds really stupid now haha.
Desdemona: I suppose I have a confession too. I always admired your family Bottom because they worked for what they had, unlike my mother who had all her money and her career handed to her by my grandparents. I wish I'd been able to look at my mother growing up and be proud of what she accomplished, rather than just being embarrassed about being the child of a trust-fund baby.

Bottom: Wow, I never realized that.
Beatrice: Guys! This is what I'm talking about! Bottom, you have the chance to create your very own legacy! It'll be as magnificent as the Capps - no! - greater than the Capps! And Desdemona, you can work from the ground up and create your own success!
Bottom: Yeah, I can get behind that idea!
Desdemona: You know, I've always liked the idea of being an entrepreneur and creating my own business. What about you Bea? What's your dream?
Beatrice: I know it sounds lame but I always wanted my own restaurant like my nonna and dad. Her food was the bomb and Dad did a great job of carrying her legacy on. Ben has no interest in cuisine though, same for Romeo and Merc, so it's up to me to carry on the proudest Monty tradition.
Bottom: Hey, I got an idea. What if we turn this into a friendly bet? Whoever completes their goal first gets a spot in the Veronaville Hall of Fame and get's treated to whatever they want by the losers!

Beatrice: I'm down.

Desdemona: Sure, it sounds fun! Just as long as we don't let the competition get to us!

Not even ten years had passed and a new rivalry, albeit friendly, has emerged among the three dominant Veronaville families. Will the three be able to keep it a civil affair or will old hostilities create new conflict?

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
Re: The Dueling Veronaville Dynasties
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:42:00 AM »
THE CAPPS
The Retail Family
Family Tree
Founder: Desdemona Capp
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Generation 1:
Titus Capp
Tamora Capp
Lavinia Capp

THE MONTYS
The Restaurant Family
Family Tree
Founder: Beatrice Monty
Generation 1:
Petruchio Monty
Lucentio Monty

THE SUMMERDREAMS
The Mansion Family
Family Tree
Founder: Bottom Summerdream
Generation 1:
Thasia Summerdream

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 01:46:14 AM »
Oooh, this looks super interesting! I'll have to wait to read more so I can decide who to root for!

It's a friendly rivalry now, but somewhere along the line, someone's going to have to make an enemy or two...
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 08:14:06 AM »
Looks great! I loved playing in Veronaville. Let's see those Summerdreams take over San Myshuno!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 10:23:49 AM »
Wow! A three way dynasty challenge. Will be fun to read. Bookmarked and waiting for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »
Ooooh.  Interesting concept! For those new to Sims, the places and people mentioned are from TS2.  Love this.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 02:29:49 AM »
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I do want to clarify quickly that all three families in fact live in Newcrest, I really wanted to have the Summerdreams be Mansion Barons which isn't possible in San Myshuno sadly. But all three families will be spending A LOT of time in San Myshuno.

ACT I
Monty Scene I
Beatrice: So today I officially struck off on my own and got my house. It's honestly nothing too special, just a two bedroom/two bath ranch style house. It has a nice rustic charm to it though, I'm absolutely in love with the kitchen and master bedroom. The second bathroom is even an en-suite bathroom which is pretty sweet!
(And of course I had to test out the kitchen as soon as I got the chance.)
After I finished unpacking and settling in I decided to head to downtown San Myshuno to unwind and have some fun before settling into the grind of daily life and my new job as a dish-washer. It may seem lame but money is money, and I'm gonna need all the money I can get in order to save for my restaurant.
I decided to hit up the gym since I love working out. Naturally there was a protester complaining about...something I really have no idea. Best part of the gym hands down is that they have a basketball court, it's my favorite sport of all time. Ben and I would play it a bunch as kids and even though he grew out of it I haven't.
This cutie named Paolo ended up joining me at the basketball court for a while so we ended up talking for a bit. He was pretty chill, definitely hoped to see him around again soon.
After Paolo left the gym I ended up heading to Planet HuniePop! for some drinks, plus I heard the food near it was pretty bomb. Big mistake, juiced Beatrice does not make good decisions, hence why I ended up entering a karaoke contest.
At the time it seemed like a good idea.
Ah well. I ended up losing (which is probably for the best) but the food was still dope.

The next day I slept in a bit so I woke up around 10. I had a few hours to kill before work, so I texted Paolo to ask if he was hanging out for a while.
We just started talking and I was honestly surprised with how quickly we hit it off. We had a lot in common besides the obvious of us both being fitness buffs (plus he's hot which helps). We ended up flirting a bit...
Which quickly turned to cuddling...
And then into kissing...
And then other things...
We aren't official or anything yet, just sort of casually dating. I'm hopeful though, I like him a lot. But for now I have to work on racking up promotions, so dating may have to stay on the backburner for a little while. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

So Beatrice may have found herself a boyfriend ;) I kind of wanted to show a fun, casual first day for each of the three founders before moving more into the challenge, because it seems like early on especially it's just a lot of grinding so nothing terribly exciting happens. The rest of Beatrice's week should be up within the next day or so, so stay tuned!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 06:15:06 AM »
I like the idea of having a casual first day before getting into the more skill-grindy playing of challenges like this. Looks like Beatrice got to really enjoy herself...and yay, she has a boyfriend! :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 09:44:11 AM »
Great update. Good for Beatrice, getting a boyfriend. Wishing her a good luck on her career. Waiting for the next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 10:09:50 AM »
Yeah. I never actually played Veronaville back in the day, but still. The idea of those three families grew on me.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
This looks like a lot of fun! I love the concept of carrying on families from Sims 2, and I love all the Shakespearian names and references. This should be great fun!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »
Monty Scene I cont. (Week 1)
Beatrice: I've been working hard to get better at cooking so I can advance through my career faster. It's been going well so far
...with some minor setbacks. Paolo and I have been spending more time together as well, we ended up going on a date to Geek Con which was actually pretty fun even if it isn't really my scene.
(Some parts much more fun that others.)
We went back to my house after the event and I figured why not ask Paolo if he wanted to move in. He seemed pretty excited to be living together. So I guess we're a bit more serious now.
The next morning I noticed that I was feeling a little under the weather. I wasn't quite sure what it was but I decided to take a pregnancy test, just to be safe. Sure enough, it was positive. I was going to be a mom.
I wasn't quite sure how Paolo would take the news but he actually seemed really excited.
I tried not to let being pregnant slow me down but it was hard. I felt so tired all the time and it didn't help that I was working the graveyard shift.
Even at full term I was still going to work. My baby was definitely a huge motivation to keep going, I had to save up enough to provide for them.
Coming home to Paolo was a huge help. He's such a sweet guy and would always be sure to check in with me. He seemed so excited to become a dad too.
Little did I know that he was planning on proposing. I feel like it was partly because of the pregnancy but I'd like to think that it was purely out of love (what, can't I be a romantic?)
I said yes, of course.
And even in my huge landwhale state he insisted on picking me up and bridal-carrying me.
But the wedding will have to wait because Baby Monty decided to make their appearance just after the proposal. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will prepare you for the pain of labor.
Paolo was by my side for the whole birth, which thankfully was only a few hours. I've heard horror stories about labor lasting days! How can people go through that!?
It wasn't long before our baby boy Petruchio was here. They say that nothing quite compares to holding your baby for the first time, and I couldn't agree more. I had no idea it was possible to be so in love with someone, I can't describe it.

Welcome to the world Petruchio Monty! Beatrice and Paolo both got promoted, so they're now level 3 in the culinary and athletic careers respectively. Beatrice is also now at level 5 cooking skill, she'll have it mastered in no time. Up next is the Capp family, so stay tuned!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 04:42:55 PM »
I'm happy to have a new Rival Dynasties Challenge to read! And I loved the prologue!

Good luck to all three lines! I'm eagerly awaiting the many mansions, restaurants, and shops you will be unveiling for our viewing pleasure!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »
Great start! Beatrice and Paolo are such a cute couple.

Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy