Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 133430 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
@MarianT

Ok, the thing is, they were dead already.  They had been out of the game for a while.  So the fact that they are both live sims is odd XD  That's all.  If it was just moving in an elder, I'd just wait for them to pass on.  I'm just hoping they aren't immortal at this point XD

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »
@MarianT

Allow me to rephrase my question. Are self-portraits an optional item in the museum contribution of a founder or an heir?
The following exchange led me to believe that self-portraits were not mandatory but optional.

3. Founders and heirs only have to paint portraits of other household members, but they don't have to paint portraits of themselves, correct? Their portraits will be taken care of by the next generation, if I understand the rules correctly.

That's right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
@MarianT

Allow me to rephrase my question. Are self-portraits an optional item in the museum contribution of a founder or an heir?
The following exchange led me to believe that self-portraits were not mandatory but optional.

3. Founders and heirs only have to paint portraits of other household members, but they don't have to paint portraits of themselves, correct? Their portraits will be taken care of by the next generation, if I understand the rules correctly.

That's right.

They are optional. I thought your question was whether the value of a self-portrait would be included in the museum value, which they would.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »
Thank you, MarianT. My apologies for not phrasing my initial question clearly.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2018, 04:34:04 PM »
A question about The List of Acceptable Collections:

The list includes the category of "Drinks & Potions (from mixology skill)."
Do drinks from Vampire Lore come under this category, too?

Just thinking ahead to future collections.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:13 PM »
Good Morning! I wanted to ask two quick questions please. I've just moved my Sim into Jonny Zest's house, I know that I can't change the facade of the house, but wanted to ask if I could move the house.. like make it more in the centre of the property.. Also, does the basement have to be exactly the same size as the house or can it be as big as I want to make it? Thanks in advance  :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: January 11, 2018, 08:52:46 AM »
Good Morning! I wanted to ask two quick questions please. I've just moved my Sim into Jonny Zest's house, I know that I can't change the facade of the house, but wanted to ask if I could move the house.. like make it more in the centre of the property.. Also, does the basement have to be exactly the same size as the house or can it be as big as I want to make it? Thanks in advance  :D

You can't move the house, but the basement can be as big as you want. Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ChocolateKat

• Nooboo
« Reply #292 on: January 11, 2018, 11:32:57 AM »
What if the founder has twins?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2018, 11:40:02 AM »
What if the founder has twins?

The first one born is the heir. Welcome to the forum! I love chocolate and have 4 cats, so I like your name.

Offline h4r13y

• Nooboo
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »
Hi casual lurker here! I'm interested in trying this challenge to learn a bit more about the game. A couple of questions:

1. Does the founder have to move out of their original home when they get married? I guess this would apply to the heirs as well. When you say "move in with" in the rules does it mean the couple moves into an entirely different home or can the newlywed spouse be brought into the founder's/heir's current home?

2. I am unclear about how you use the Focused Paintings to build a 10-item collection. I see this listed as a possible collection on several of the dynasty challenges. From what I have learned by googling around, it seems to me there are only 3 Focused Paintings you can paint. Or is this incorrect?

3. How do you post if you complete the challenge? I've already had three failures  :-[, so I don't really expect to be able to complete something anytime soon.

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to trying this and other challenges.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »
Hi casual lurker here! I'm interested in trying this challenge to learn a bit more about the game. A couple of questions:

1. Does the founder have to move out of their original home when they get married? I guess this would apply to the heirs as well. When you say "move in with" in the rules does it mean the couple moves into an entirely different home or can the newlywed spouse be brought into the founder's/heir's current home?

Yes, the founder has to move out of the original home and in with the spouse. If a premade Sim is in a house that you really want your Sims to live in, make some other premade your founder and marry him or her to the Sim in the house you like.

2. I am unclear about how you use the Focused Paintings to build a 10-item collection. I see this listed as a possible collection on several of the dynasty challenges. From what I have learned by googling around, it seems to me there are only 3 Focused Paintings you can paint. Or is this incorrect?

You can have duplicates in your collection. If you chose Focused Paintings, then you would have several of each, or you could even have 10 of the same painting.

3. How do you post if you complete the challenge? I've already had three failures  :-[, so I don't really expect to be able to complete something anytime soon.

Sorry about the failures. If you want to tell a story, or even just chronicle your attempt, you can start a thread on the Stories Board, under legacies and dynasties. Or you can wait until you've completed the ten generations, and send the Challenge Team a request to be named to the Hall of Fame. If you're not telling a story, though, we'll want to see a fairly detailed account.[qupte

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to trying this and other challenges.
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum, @h4r13y! If you're looking for something shorter, check out the 2018 Challenge Tournament. There's still plenty of time to complete the first one, and you don't have to do all the challenges throughout the year. Some of them are good practice for the various dynasties.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »
Two questions about Acceptable Collections:

Q1: Drinks & Potions
May I assume that drinks from Vampire Lore come under this category, too?

Q2: Crafted Violins & Guitars
Crafting these musical instruments requires not only Handiness 8 but also Level 8 in the corresponding musical instrument.
Would the additional skill requirement qualify them as a separate category of collections?

Offline h4r13y

• Nooboo
« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2018, 02:39:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum, @h4r13y! If you're looking for something shorter, check out the 2018 Challenge Tournament. There's still plenty of time to complete the first one, and you don't have to do all the challenges throughout the year. Some of them are good practice for the various dynasties.

Thanks for responding. I did in fact try the first one, completed in 3 weeks which I was happy about. But then I saw people posting about completing in 1 week and just decided maybe not for me.  ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2018, 04:16:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum, h4r13y. Good luck with your Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty effort. For what it's worth I failed the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty a few times before I got my act together. Not a proud moment for me, but oh well. ;) I'll echo Marian's tip and suggest you dive into the 2018 Tournament challenges -- a lot of them can/will be able to be knocked out in a few hours of your time.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »
Two questions about Acceptable Collections:

Q1: Drinks & Potions
May I assume that drinks from Vampire Lore come under this category, too?

Yes, you can include the vampire drinks, too. Basically anything made at the bar.

Q2: Crafted Violins & Guitars
Crafting these musical instruments requires not only Handiness 8 but also Level 8 in the corresponding musical instrument.
Would the additional skill requirement qualify them as a separate category of collections?

I wouldn't see the violins and guitars as a separate category, but others on the team might differ. Team?

anything