Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 129688 times)

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 04:08:28 PM »
Hi, new here, tempted by this new challenge  :D

I have a question about "Your Sims may join clubs but not form them." I understand from reading all the comments that you are not allowed to actively create a club of your own but does "form" also mean that you are restricted to only join a club gathering when you get a notification rather than "form" them, or is there no restriction in this case?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2016, 04:14:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum, cyclonenic! "Forming" a club just means creating one. Your Sim can start a gathering if you like.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2016, 09:00:48 AM »
List of Acceptable Collections

Aliens
Batuu records
Books (from writing skill)
Carved Pumpkins
City Posters
Comedy Books (from comedy skill)
Crystals
Drinks & Potions (from mixology skill)
Easter Eggs (April only)
Elements
Experimental Food Photos
Fabricated items
Feathers
Fishes
Fizzy drinks
Focused Paintings (from logic skill)
Fossils
Frogs
Geodes
Harvests (from homegrown plants, gardening skill)
Insects
Inventions (from Science Career)
Kid's Drawings (from creativity skill)
Knitted items
Meals (from homestyle/gourmet/baking cooking skill)
Metals
Microscope Prints
MySims Trophies
Paintings (from painting skill)
Pet Treats
Photographs (from photography skill)
Plushies
Postcards
Remedies (from herbalism skill)
Selvadoradian artifacts
Selvadoradian fakes
Selvadoradian mystical relics
Selvadoradian treasures
Serums (from Science Career)
Snow Globes
Space Prints
Space Rocks
Sugar Skulls (October only)
Voidcritters
Woodworking Items (from handiness skill)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
With regard to your 2nd question, Sims that already have maxed a skill or career don't get any points for that. You'll want a housemate at level 9 of a skill or career.

So does this mean if you start with a founder that has level 9 in a skill would they already have 9 points from that?

Does building a second storey on a house count as changing the blueprint if you make the upper level look exactly the same as the original level, as in you keep the same shape?

Can founders or heirs take objects they have earned from events with them when they move?

Just so I understand the skill points thing, if a heir were to gain 5 points in a skill but not max it, that means another heir can max that skill and get the additional 2 points from it right? Would they still get the first 5 points from that skill?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2016, 07:06:52 AM »
The challenge is live now. Please read through the rules before you start playing as a couple of things have been added.

Thank you so much, Marian for opening this one up. I am back from vacation now - had a great time in Florida with the family.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2016, 11:01:29 AM »
With regard to your 2nd question, Sims that already have maxed a skill or career don't get any points for that. You'll want a housemate at level 9 of a skill or career.

So does this mean if you start with a founder that has level 9 in a skill would they already have 9 points from that?

My understanding is that you can only count points for things achieved once the founder/heir moves out, so you would not get 9 points for skill levels your Sim has prior to moving out but you would get the 2 points if they max the skill.

There are two categories that cover skills, the designated skill and the 2-pt maxed skill. Any Sims can claim the 2 points, regardless of whether a skill is designated. The designated skill must be unique.

Example: Founder chooses piano as a designated skill. Every level of that skill gained after moving out counts one point. If the skill is maxed, you get the other two points for maxing a skill.

Your heir cannot use piano as a designated skill, but could still max it for the 2 points only. They have to choose a designated skill different from the founder and any previous heirs.

No one may use cooking or handiness as a designated skill, but all would get the two points for maxing.

Does building a second storey on a house count as changing the blueprint if you make the upper level look exactly the same as the original level, as in you keep the same shape?

Can founders or heirs take objects they have earned from events with them when they move?

I'm not sure about the first question, but I think you would not be able to add a second story. You can add a basement, though.

Founders and heirs can take anything they find or make with them. Objects earned from events--you mean date and party rewards, I assume--can't go in the personal inventory, so could not be taken.

Just so I understand the skill points thing, if a heir were to gain 5 points in a skill but not max it, that means another heir can max that skill and get the additional 2 points from it right? Would they still get the first 5 points from that skill?

That depends on whether it is being counted as a designated skill. I think my answer to your other question covers this, too. Again, I am not a team member, so whatever I've said isn't official. I'm sure @MarianT  will correct me if anything I've said is incorrect.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 12:52:43 PM »
@reggiko, Thanks for answering some of Rainbow Dash's questions. I should copy what you said about designated skills to re-use, as the question will probably be asked again.

@Rainbow Dash, reggiko is correct, you can't add a second story. As for items earned from events -- if they fit in personal inventory, yes. I think the charisma book (bronze reward for date) would count.

Again, anything that has been used as a designated skill by one heir cannot be used as a designated skill by another. If one heir picked up 5 points from a skill but didn't max it, then a later heir could only get the points from maxing it.

For example, my founder got to level 7 in singing, which was a designated skill, and to level 2 in gourmet cooking, which was not. A later heir could only get 2 points in singing if he maxed the skill, but could make gourmet cooking a designated skill and pick up points from that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »
You MAY NOT bulldoze the Willow Creek Archives or the large parks in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and San Myshuno. You may bulldoze other community lots provided that at least one of each type remains, i.e, you'll have to keep one gym, one nightclub, one bar, etc. You may place any Maxis-made venues (spa, restaurant, retail store, etc.), and you may place up to 5 houses. These may come from #carlsguiderdc or EAaccountID MaxisCreator_01 on the Gallery. You may not bulldoze any houses.

Does this mean none of the Community lots on Willow Creek including park cannot be bulldozed. The Parks in Oasis Springs, and San Myshuno that cannot be bulldozed. The Other community lots can be bulldozed as long as there is one of each?

It depends on what other expansion packs you have. If you don't have Windenburg, you'll have to keep the nightclub in Willow Creek, and if you don't have City Living, you'll have to keep the lounge in Oasis Springs. You can bulldoze either gym and either museum if all you have is the base game.

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2016, 12:59:43 AM »

Gender customization can be done only to the heir and only once when he or she is a teen.

You may change the clothing and hair of any Sim in the household by sending your controlled Sim to CAS.

I don't understand the General Rule on top and feel like it conflicts with the Second rule on bottom.
Can someone please clarify?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2016, 02:06:29 AM »
Gender customization can be done only to the heir and only once when he or she is a teen.

You may change the clothing and hair of any Sim in the household by sending your controlled Sim to CAS.

I don't understand the General Rule on top and feel like it conflicts with the Second rule on bottom.
Can someone please clarify?

I think gender customization is referring to making a female Sim who can impregnate others or a male Sim who can get pregnant so that same-sex couples can have biological offspring. The second rule covers normal changes to appearance without changing the Sim's gender or ability to either conceive or impregnate.

Here's the ruling from the Immortal Dynasty thread:

Revised Gender Change Rule:

Gender changes: You're allowed to do any gender and/or gender customization change once during the teen or young adult stage.

What does this means?
-- Cosmetic changes are not consider gender changes.  No restriction, free to do as you wish.
-- Male to Female or Female to Male is consider gender change.  Follow the rules and only allowed to change once during TEEN or YA stage.
-- Male pregnancy (checkmark box to allow pregnancy) is consider gender customization.  It is allowed but need to follow rules, change once during TEEN or YA stage.  You are not allowed to change mind, meaning checkmark the box then later un-checkmark the box for no pregnancy.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »
@MarianT Would collection items bought at the flea market count as museum pieces?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
@MarianT Would collection items bought at the flea market count as museum pieces?

No, it says in the rules that they must be made or found. Snow globes found in boxes at the flea market can count but not ones that your Sim bought.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »
Okay, thanks. I should have reread the rules before asking. Dur...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2016, 07:56:19 PM »
I saw the earlier response regarding aspirations, but I'm still not clear.  I understand that the initial aspiration must be completed before changing to any other aspirations, but once the first one is completed, can the sim then change aspirations any time?  Or do you have to pick a second aspiration and complete it before changing again?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »
For this challenge, any aspiration chosen has to be completed before you change to another. So yes, you have to complete your second aspiration before moving on to a third. And that applies to non-controlled Sims as well.