Author Topic: Dine Out and City Living Recipes & Values?  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Dine Out and City Living Recipes & Values?
« on: November 15, 2016, 08:11:47 PM »
So when I'm not at home/don't have access to the game, I'm good at finding other ways of 'playing' sims. Right now I'm at work and I'm planning collections for my dynasty heirs because I'm a nerd. Of course, this means perusing the guide for prices/value and so forth.

I don't have either pack installed as of yet (both are sitting on my desk at home, serving as motivation for me to progress in my dynasty. Plan: heir eats ambrosia for the first time, Whirligig rewards herself by installing a new pack, thus forcing Whirligig to keep playing her dynasty), but as I understand it, both Dine Out and City Living came with new recipes that your sims can learn?

I understand that there's a lot to update with City Living, but are the Dine Out recipes listed somewhere, along with prices/retail value (the way the recipes are listed on the cooking skill page)? I was able to find them listed on another site (I'm a traitor!), but it didn't have cost/retail value as part of the listing.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Dine Out and City Living Recipes & Values?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:33:30 PM »
@Whirligig --- I'm not sure about exact prices, but I know that the harder recipes cost more.  If course, the price depends on your price mark-up and perks that you purchased.  I hope this helps you out, somewhat, though 8)!

cheap/easy skill level
chips
microwave dinner (§7)
oatmeal
granola
one type of popcorn
bowl of olives
bread roll
french fries
garden salad
fruit salad
hot dog
tofu dog
hamburger
veggie burger

medium:

Cesar salad
taco casserole
clam chowder
Italian meatballs
fish and chips

higher cooking skill 6 (I think)
minestrone
black and white cookies

expensive/high skill level:

shrimp cocktail
squash soup
black and white cake
white and black cake

experimental (and high gourmet cooking skill)
volcano pasta
lavender egg
pate
berry cake
some kind of space plate with florescent pink and green in it
honey comb cup
Alaskan Shell dessert --- I forget what it's called.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:41:33 PM »
So when I'm not at home/don't have access to the game, I'm good at finding other ways of 'playing' sims. Right now I'm at work and I'm planning collections for my dynasty heirs because I'm a nerd. Of course, this means perusing the guide for prices/value and so forth.

I don't have either pack installed as of yet (both are sitting on my desk at home, serving as motivation for me to progress in my dynasty. Plan: heir eats ambrosia for the first time, Whirligig rewards herself by installing a new pack, thus forcing Whirligig to keep playing her dynasty), but as I understand it, both Dine Out and City Living came with new recipes that your sims can learn?

I understand that there's a lot to update with City Living, but are the Dine Out recipes listed somewhere, along with prices/retail value (the way the recipes are listed on the cooking skill page)? I was able to find them listed on another site (I'm a traitor!), but it didn't have cost/retail value as part of the listing.

@Whirligig
I think I used that same Dine Out recipes/drinks site when I was playing the restaurant-related tournament challenge.
Just thought I'd add a few factoids:

1) As you've probably already figured out from the base game Homestyle/Gourmet recipes, the higher the cooking level required, the higher the finished dish's value in general.
Although my sims haven't learned all the food stall recipes yet, the 10 out of 27 they've learned so far have all required Homestyle Cooking Level 1.
2) Besides the food stall recipes, many (most? I don't know) of the meat recipes are now also available in a "vegetarian-safe" version, so there are those new recipes as well.
3) Dine Out offers the experimental foods but you can only prepare one serving at a time, so they might be worth less than an eight-serving dish.

Sorry for not actually answering your question. *cheesy grin

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 09:54:30 PM »
Haha, thanks Coolsim and Oshizu. :) Okay, so if most of them are level 1, it is unlikely that many of them will be much more valuable.

I know we can have multiples of the same item for the collections, but I'd just like to avoid it. How boring is just having 10 plates of Ambrosia? Also, what a waste of Ambrosia! From what I can see, there are 7 dishes across the cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking skills that are worth more than $500 retail as a base value. I was hoping perhaps that there would be 3 more in the new packs, but that's sounding unlikely.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:27:24 PM »
Haha, thanks Coolsim and Oshizu. :) Okay, so if most of them are level 1, it is unlikely that many of them will be much more valuable.

I know we can have multiples of the same item for the collections, but I'd just like to avoid it. How boring is just having 10 plates of Ambrosia? Also, what a waste of Ambrosia! From what I can see, there are 7 dishes across the cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking skills that are worth more than $500 retail as a base value. I was hoping perhaps that there would be 3 more in the new packs, but that's sounding unlikely.

Unless three of your chosen seven are available in vegetarian-safe versions. For example, Lobster Tortellini, Lobster Thermidor, Monte Cristo Sandwich, Tuna Casserole, Chicken Stir Fry, and Roast Chicken all have meatless versions that cost the same to prepare as their non-vegetarian originals.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »

You're welcome, @whirlgig.  I know I missed some of the higher level meals in Dine Out.  That list was off the top of my head.  However, at a 300% markup, I got §80 for the cheapest white nectar and a hamburger, so maybe you could make a lot of money with the experimental meals by marking the prices way up.  I recommended that dish to a customer who couldn't decide what they wanted to eat (Those customers have a yellow question mark above their heads.)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:55:35 PM »
The shrimp cocktail feeds 8 Sims, but it doesn't have a choice of serving size.  I just remembered that's not experimental because my Sims can cook it with their normal oven.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 11:33:30 PM »
The shrimp cocktail feeds 8 Sims, but it doesn't have a choice of serving size.  I just remembered that's not experimental because my Sims can cook it with their normal oven.
According to the guide, the Shrimp Cocktail is only worth $120 retail by default. Also, I'm pretty sure it came with the 'up all night' content pack that came optional with the base game.

Also, for the Dynasty, it's not how much you can sell it for in a shop or restaurant  with a mark-up that counts for your score, but how much it's worth to sell directly through your inventory. Those are the specific values I'm looking for.

The values of most of the base game recipes are in the guide. I basically started this thread in this section to point out that new recipes aren't in the guide (or if they are, I can't find them) so that whenever the guide team gets around to it/has nothing better to do, they can add them. :-)

Thanks for your help. :-)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 11:44:16 PM »
According to the guide, the Shrimp Cocktail is only worth $120 retail by default. Also, I'm pretty sure it came with the 'up all night' content pack that came optional with the base game.

Also, for the Dynasty, it's not how much you can sell it for in a shop or restaurant  with a mark-up that counts for your score, but how much it's worth to sell directly through your inventory. Those are the specific values I'm looking for.

The values of most of the base game recipes are in the guide. I basically started this thread in this section to point out that new recipes aren't in the guide (or if they are, I can't find them) so that whenever the guide team gets around to it/has nothing better to do, they can add them. :-)

@Whirligig --- You're welcome.  Thanks for explaining more about how dynasties work.  I forgot that Shrimp Cocktail didn't come with Dine Out.  I have a bunch of packs :).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 12:02:24 AM »

@Whirligig
Oops sorry! I mistakenly thought you were working on your museum items like NOW NOW and wanted some info just advance consideration, hehe.  *fades back into the hole I crawled out of...

anything