Author Topic: Career Glitches in Detective Career  (Read 14018 times)

Offline Simslover

• Nooboo
Career Glitches in Detective Career
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:44:47 PM »
Hello, I have been a Sim lover since they were first introduced in Feb 2000.  Needless to say, I have been playing a very long time, but I am stump and frustrated with a glitch that is happening in my game. I hope someone can help me as quickly as possible, as I am having a problem in the Sim 4 detective career.  Ever since installing the new Sims 4 City Living Expansion Pack, I have tried the Detective career with several of my Sims and I am unable to "Get a Case Assignment" on the computer at work and on occasion I can't "find a Suspect" while my Sim is at work. Once I even tried arresting everyone on the lot (Ha-Ha).  I finally found the suspect but she had a different hair color than what the notebook clue had stated.  If someone can help asap, it would surely be appreciated greatly.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Career Glitches in Detective Career
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:45:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum @Simslover   :) There is an open bug report about this. So it seems that this is an issue that will appear in some games. Best bet is to cheat this level and promote your sim.

testingcheats on followed by careers.promote doctor
<<<major derp!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simslover

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »
Thank you Playalot for your response and the update about this bug.  I will try this cheat promotion with the Detective Career and hope my Sim and the co-workers will not notice
(just kidding around, ha-ha-ha). Be well  :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »
lol! @Simslover
Sorry about that, have the flu right now and the brain is rather foggy! Hahaha, let me know if it works!  ;D

Needless to say there is a bug about the DETECTIVE career (lol)  in fact there are quite a few but I am not sure if any are exactly what you are describing. Here's the link to the list of bugs, you'll see all the detective bugs listed under "careers-detective". Link

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 04:25:42 PM »
lol! @Simslover
Sorry about that, have the flu right now and the brain is rather foggy! Hahaha, let me know if it works!  ;D

Needless to say there is a bug about the DETECTIVE career (lol)  in fact there are quite a few but I am not sure if any are exactly what you are describing. Here's the link to the list of bugs, you'll see all the detective bugs listed under "careers-detective". Link
I hope you feel better soon, Play :)!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »
Thanks @coolsim9999999  I just seem to be picking up all the bugs at the moment and it is the middle of summer here too!  ::)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 12:08:52 AM »
Thanks @coolsim9999999  I just seem to be picking up all the bugs at the moment and it is the middle of summer here too!  ::)
@Playalot.  You're welcome --- oh yeah --- it's summer.  You'll probably feel better faster because of the season.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 04:55:37 AM »

Hope you feel better soon Playalot!!! Yea blame us in the US for spreading the flu all over the world at this time of year since it's about 2 months into "Flu Season" Here. Although from what i've read new versions of it start each year from SE Asia so who knows?

Wow...not EVEN game related. Ok back to your regularly scheduled programming. LOL

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 07:45:02 AM »
I've just finished getting my sims to Chief in the detective career.  Here's some things I ran into and how to fix:

1. Unable to get the Get Case Assignment.  I fixed this by using the bb.enablefreebuild cheat and then deleting and replacing the big bulletin board.

2. None of the suspects match the descriptions.  After arresting a lot of sims, here's my advice:  A. Find all six clues; B. Regardless of the clues, when you issue the APB and enter that lot, one of the sims there IS your suspect; C. Question all the sims and the one that doesn't point to another sim or acts nervous is generally your target - sometimes the clues match and sometimes they don't.

3. If the suspect you arrested doesn't make it back to the police station with you, issue another APB or Go on Patrol and immediately head back to the station.  You might need to do this a few times before it works and the suspect you arrested shows up at the station so you can interrogate.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
@Ninane  thank you for posting these work-arounds. The career sounds badly bugged at the moment. Good to know there is still a way to make it all work.  :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 02:58:37 AM »
So glad to see some workarounds for this! I love the Detective career and I'm mad at EA for not fixing these issues yet.  >:( I'll have to try the Detective career out some time and see if any of these works, if I get any of those bugs that is, fingers crossed, I don't. Thanks for the tips!  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 03:07:27 AM »
I checked earlier and my glitch report about the Detective career's arrest scene not loading is in a merged thread for general "post-patch Loading Screen Issues.
Anyway, this thread/problem has been marked as "Fixed/Solved" since the recent patch.
I might try playing the Detective career again (sucker for punishment, here). *sighs

anything