Author Topic: Expansion pack and game pack  (Read 2296 times)

Offline shotie23

• Nooboo
Expansion pack and game pack
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:44:01 AM »
I know this might sound stupid but I've been wondering is it better to get, get to work or dine out

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
Re: Expansion pack and game pack
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »
While both are good. I'd personally go for "Get to work", simply because it adds to career (you can follow and do chores at work,with your sims)

But in the end, its all about what you want to try out first :) You can look at carl's guide for content in both packs and compare :)

Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 01:21:37 PM »
@shotie23 --- Welcome to the forum! 

In reply #4 of the following link, I discussed what each pack adds to the game.  However, if you really want your Sims to have restaurants, then, get Dine Out.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27148.msg450660#msg450660

Coolsim

Offline shotie23

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 02:47:27 PM »
Is the retail bakery in get to work and dine out almost the same?

Offline shotie23

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »
While both are good. I'd personally go for "Get to work", simply because it adds to career (you can follow and do chores at work,with your sims)

But in the end, its all about what you want to try out first :) You can look at carl's guide for content in both packs and compare :)

Good luck!
Is the retail bakery in get to work and dine out almost the same?

I know this might sound stupid but I've been wondering is it better to get, get to work or dine out

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »
@shotie23 --- Retail stores in Get to Work (including bakeries) sell items to customers.  Items are priced by the owner Sims.

In Dine Out, your Sims run a restaurant, and customers come to eat.  You select your menu, as well as outfits for the chef, the waiter and the host.

Although in both packs, Sims own public properties and gain perks by doing well, the game play is different.  Perks are similar to, but different from, satisfaction points to purchase reward traits.

So, if you don't care about the new careers that Get to Work provides, then, both Dine Out and Get to Work have options to sell items, but in different ways, as I explained above. 

Another point is that in both packs, retail store owners and restaurant owners may pursue careers and have a side store or restaurant --- Although, if you purchase Get to Work, your Sims could run a retail store on their time off, as well --- even if they have one of the three "active careers" --- you follow your Sim to work, and see the hospital, science lab or police station where they work.)

In Get to Work, The hospital, (your Sims can get sick) science lab and police station are all 50X50 lots.  You can also get Mangolia Promminade which has 4 lots for your retail lots, including bakeries.  You also get to go to the hidden world, Sixam, which is the alien's breathtakingly beautiful planet.  If you're not a scientist, you can still go there by building a rocketship with a wormhole upgrade. 
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/worlds/gettowork-sixam.php
more about traveling to Sixam

However, you need to place a satellite dish --- to encourage or prevent alien abductions.  If you're not a scientist, then, get the satellite dish from debug (misc. electronics.)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lifestates/aliens.php
satellite dish explained further 

Get to work has more buy/build mode individual items, as well as more clothing (although some of it is career-related (i.e. a doctor's lab coat and gloves.)

Offline shotie23

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 08:42:23 PM »
@shotie23 --- Retail stores in Get to Work (including bakeries) sell items to customers.  Items are priced by the owner Sims.

In Dine Out, your Sims run a restaurant, and customers come to eat.  You select your menu, as well as outfits for the chef, the waiter and the host.

Although in both packs, Sims own public properties and gain perks by doing well, the game play is different.  Perks are similar to, but different from, satisfaction points to purchase reward traits.

So, if you don't care about the new careers that Get to Work provides, then, both Dine Out and Get to Work have options to sell items, but in different ways, as I explained above. 

Another point is that in both packs, retail store owners and restaurant owners may pursue careers and have a side store or restaurant --- Although, if you purchase Get to Work, your Sims could run a retail store on their time off, as well --- even if they have one of the three "active careers --- you follow your Sim to work, and see the hospital, science lab or police station where they work.)

In Get to Work, The hospital, (your Sims can get sick) science lab and police station are all 50X50 lots.  You can also get Mangolia Promminade which has 4 lots for your retail lots, including bakeries.  You also get to go to the hidden world, Sixam, which is the alien's breathtakingly beautiful planet.  If you're not a scientist, you can still go there by building a rocketship with a wormhole upgrade. 
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/worlds/gettowork-sixam.php
more about traveling to Sixam

However, you need to place a satellite dish --- to encourage or prevent alien abductions.  If you're not a scientist, then, get the satellite dish from debug (misc. electronics.)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lifestates/aliens.php
satellite dish explained further 

Get to work has more buy/build mode individual items, as well as more clothing (although some of it is career-related (i.e. a doctor's lab coat and gloves.)
Ohh thanks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 09:16:07 PM »
You're welcome, @shotie23 :)!  Have fun with whichever pack you decide to get.  Then, maybe someday, you can get the other one!!!