Author Topic: Sims 4 - How do I delete weird debug objects --- Solved!  (Read 29316 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Sims 4 - How do I delete weird debug objects --- Solved!
« on: December 02, 2016, 01:43:24 PM »
I know you may delete objects, which you obtain from the debug cheat.  However, apparently, a few things won't delete, such as the "grilled food" that I tried to delete from my Sims' household inventory. 

1 How do I delete the grilled food? 
All the game would let me do when I used the sledgehammer (pointed directly on the grilled food), but that deleted the whole kitchen!  Luckily, I just used the undo button, and the kitchen came back :)!

2 Which types of debug objects fall into this "unable to delete" category?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: How do I delete weird debug objects
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 01:49:33 PM »
@coolsim9999999

I mostly play challenges so I've only used the debug cheat to buy a satellite dish.
Regarding grilled food, though, can't you just place it on the lawn then drag it to a trash can to get rid of it? (I'm sure you tried that already, but I'm just curious.)

Regarding other non-deletable debug objects, I vaguely remember reading about a simmer who placed the "baby-in-a-bassinet" object on her lot then couldn't delete it.

I hope you saved before placing the grilled food!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: How do I delete weird debug objects
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 01:54:25 PM »
@coolsim9999999

I mostly play challenges so I've only used the debug cheat to buy a satellite dish.
Regarding grilled food, though, can't you just place it on the lawn then drag it to a trash can to get rid of it? (I'm sure you tried that already, but I'm just curious.)

Regarding other non-deletable debug objects, I vaguely remember reading about a simmer who placed the "baby-in-a-bassinet" object on her lot then couldn't delete it.

I hope you saved before placing the grilled food!

@oshizu --- thanks for replying. 

Unfortunately, I saved after I placed the grilled food.  I'm so used to saving periodically.  I was really surprised when I had to fix the kitchen, and then, I forgot NOT to save.

In both live mode and build mode, I tried dragging it to the trash barrel, but it won't drag anywhere at all!

I've read about the "baby-in-a-bassinet" object incident, too.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: How do I delete weird debug objects --- Solved!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 02:10:39 PM »
@oshizu --- I got rid of the grilled food from debug buy building a 1X1 "room" around it, and then, I deleted the "room."  The grilled food went back in my Sims' household inventory.

This type of thing happened once before when I got some cupcakes from debug while my Sims were camping.  I built a 1X1 room around the cupcakes, and they were successfully deleted.  However, that time, the cupcakes were placed on the ground first (before I was going to move them to a table.) 

This time, the grilled food was in my Sims' kitchen on the floor, and so it was more of an issue because you can't delete the ground, but you can delete a floor in a room.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 03:04:36 PM »
Glad you got it solved, the 1x1 room trick is the best way to solve those undragable items. (I know that is not a word, but it should be; undragable) The last patch hopefully has solved the plates on the sidewalk or other areas we can't edit too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 03:13:57 PM »
Glad you got it solved, the 1x1 room trick is the best way to solve those undragable items. (I know that is not a word, but it should be; undragable) The last patch hopefully has solved the plates on the sidewalk or other areas we can't edit too.
"Undragable" is the perfect way to describe it, though :P.  I thought that trick might work inside because it worked outside. I wonder why the game included debug items, which cannot be deleted without creating a 1X1 room ???.   I hope that the patch corrected that issue, too.