Author Topic: Campbells, But Not The Soup  (Read 4074 times)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Campbells, But Not The Soup
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
Characters

Craig Campbell - Aspiration: Bodybuilder; Traits: Active, Jealous, Hates Children, High Metabolism

Cecily Campbell - Aspiration: Big Happy Family; Traits: Creative, Perfectionist, Family-Oriented, Domestic

Campbells, But Not The Soup

Chapter 1: Move-In Day, What Will He Say?

It was an ordinary Sunday when they moved into 2B Jasmine Suites in the Spice Market neighborhood.

"I've heard that there are great schools in this district, Craig," Cecily said as she broke the morning's silence. "It wouldn't be a bad place to raise a family..."

Craig cut her off short. "Don't you remember all those long talks we had before we got together?" Craig said as his voice echoed through the sparsely furnished apartment. "I don't like children, and I've never wanted them. This neighborhood could be the equivalent of Sesame Street, and it still wouldn't change my mind."

Cecily silenced a sigh and resumed unpacking their boxes. Of course, she knew about his aversion to children; agreeing on a family of two was a prerequisite for the wedding. Craig didn't possess a very open mind, anyway...

"This extra bedroom... I'm thinking a home gym. I'll need a place to exercise if I get a job at The Other Sports Team," Craig contemplated.

"That sounds fine, honey, but I'm sure we have some time to think about it," Cecily replied as she held her tongue. Little did Craig know that she had experienced a bit of nausea the night before and had already purchased a pregnancy test.

Although the apartment was a work in progress, Craig and Cecily managed to move in their belongings and make the dwelling look homey. Craig took the liberty of buying some fitness equipment to place in the spare bedroom. Before nighttime, he decided to explore the area.

"Hey, babe, want to join me on a jog around the neighborhood?" Craig asked Cecily.

"No, but thanks. I think I will stay here and paint a little. My body is aching from all this work!"

"Suit yourself. I'll be back in about an hour."

But Cecily knew that she wouldn't be painting much. As soon as she could see Craig jogging from the kitchen window, she slipped into the bathroom with the pregnancy test she purchased in hand.

After using it, Cecily waited for what seemed like an eternity. In reality, though, a plus sign began to appear in the window. It became clearer and clearer while her emotions turned into a soupy mess made of anxiety, fear, and worry, among others. She could only imagine the negative comments Craig would voice when he found out the big news. However, Cecily decided that she would try to keep it under wraps (or rather, clothes) for as long as possible. Maybe, just maybe, he would view children differently by the time she broke the news...

What will happen when Craig gets back from his jog? How long can Cecily hide her secret pregnancy? Stay tuned to find out!
Check out my new story here!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Campbells, But Not The Soup
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »
@MissPlumbBob

Sadly, I am unable to view any of your images. Did you attach them directly to this thread or are you using a photo storage website, like imgur.com or Photobucket.com?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
I apologize, @oshizu! They are on Photobucket now; please check and see if you can view them. :)
Check out my new story here!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:07:37 PM »
I apologize, @oshizu! They are on Photobucket now; please check and see if you can view them. :)

No need to apologize and I'm glad you could remedy that so quickly
And now, I can start reading, with screenshots! :D

Cecily, my dear, good luck with your high-maintenance husband!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
@MissPlumbBob

Interesting beginning! It's like trying to pin down Don Lothario and make him like it ;D But admittedly, it's fun to torture these "special needs"-guys just a little bit ::)

I find the Campbells look delightfully normal, and I look forward to Craig's reaction. I think he'll be throwing a fit, lol ;D But it takes two to tango, so he can't exactly just run away and still call himself a man. *Drumrolls*
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:07:05 PM »
Really interesting beginning. Looking forward to reading more

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything