Author Topic: Sim Culling Question - Has this changed?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline MsProudmoore

• Nooboo
Sim Culling Question - Has this changed?
« on: December 09, 2016, 08:02:21 AM »
So I started to play The Sims 4 again, and with a new family,old questions are reemarging.

I'm at my 3rd generation, so the family's grandma and grandpa are about to die of old age and I remember there was a big problem about it some time ago.
I want to know if Sims who died are still getting deleted from the game, as it's really sad to lose my family tree.
And if they are still being deleted, is there a way to prevent it? Something like keeping their ashes or tombs?
I know there was a mod, but I don't want to use a mod if this "problem" no longer exist.

Bonus question: If my young adult dies and I bring her back as a ghost, will she have all skills and traits as before?

Thank you for your attention,
Wish you guys amazing parties to come.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sim Culling Question - Has this changed?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 11:35:55 AM »
@MsProudmoore

In my current game file, I am playing the seventh generation of children and the entire family still appears in the family tree, up to the founder and his spouse.

I can't answer your second question as I know nothing about playing with ghosts.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
@MsProudmoore --- Welcome to the forum :).

Offline MsProudmoore

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »
@MsProudmoore

In my current game file, I am playing the seventh generation of children and the entire family still appears in the family tree, up to the founder and his spouse.

I can't answer your second question as I know nothing about playing with ghosts.

Thank you!
I feel better about letting go of my old sims now.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »
@MsProudmoore  welcome to the forum  :) Ghosts have all the skills and relationships etc that they had as a live sim. Depending on how much game time has passed since they died their relationships may have declined but that is all the changes there will be. The ghost will still have all the reward traits and satisfaction points too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 09:41:41 PM »
@Playalot --- It's so cool that ghosts even retain their satisfaction points and reward traits 8)!

Offline MsProudmoore

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »
@MsProudmoore  welcome to the forum  :) Ghosts have all the skills and relationships etc that they had as a live sim. Depending on how much game time has passed since they died their relationships may have declined but that is all the changes there will be. The ghost will still have all the reward traits and satisfaction points too.

Thank you!
As I don't want to use any cheat at this game, I think the only way to make sims immortals for now is when they are already dead. haha
So I can look after my descendants.
Thank you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.