Author Topic: [Solved] Massage therapist NPC won't leave lot  (Read 5264 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
[Solved] Massage therapist NPC won't leave lot
« on: December 12, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »
On a Saturday, a sim in my 8-sim legacy household hired a massage therapist.
After getting a massage, she went to work, then moved out several hours after returning from work.

That massage therapist she hired, however, would not leave even after I moved both massage tables into family inventory.
After 8 sim-days, I used Household Management to delete her but a new massage therapist NPC autonomously spawned in her stead.
Neither NPCs offer the option to "Ask to leave."
I had one of the household sims travel to another lot with the 2nd massage therapist and leave him there but, when my sim arrived back home, the NPC had returned, too.

Does this massage therapist think he's the butler or something? I've never hired a massage therapist who didn't leave by the end of the day.
Has anyone else experienced this?
It's not a game-breaker but it certainly is annoying to see the NPC just standing around the house from morning to night.

TL;DR   How do my sims get the massage therapist NPC to leave the lot?

I haven't ready anything about this issue on EA Answers HQ.
If you've encountered this issue, I hope you'll share your work-around.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Massage therapist NPC won't leave lot
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:47:14 PM »
@oshizu --- I've only had a Sim fight another Sim a few times, but maybe that would work for you.  If your Sim wins, then, the NPC will be enemies with your Sim.  Just get your Sim to a level 10 fitness first, and then delete the NPC.  That way, they won't want to return.

Alternatively, you could make a room with a bed in it, get the NPC to enter, and take away the door :P.  I've done that once, but not with an NPC.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »
So you've had success with getting a service NPC that's spent over a week at your lot to finally leave?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »
No, but I thought that you may get rid of the NPC in either way I described.  One of my married Sims was stalked by a married guy, and she finally beat him up, and they were enemies.  I never saw that NPC again.  I hope that one of my suggestions helps you :).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: [Solved, kinda] Massage therapist NPC won't leave lot
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:25:09 AM »
I wanted to update the status of my problem with a timeline

Days 1-8:  Massage therapist NPC hangs around my sims' lot without leaving and without the "Ask to Leave" option
Day 9    :  I go into Manage Households and delete that service NPC
Day 10  :  A new massage therapist NPC spawns on my lot and also doesn't leave; it can't be asked to leave, either.
Day 12  :  One of my sims travels to another lot with that service NPC and leaves him there, but he shows up again at our lot.
Day 14  :  I'd initially moved the massage tables to an inaccessible area on my roof but today I store them in family inventory
Day 15  :  Some time between late Day 14 and early Day 15, the service NPC mysteriously vanished.

So bizarre and I don't really understand what happened, but I'm glad the massage therapist NPC is gone. Storing the massage tables in family inventory did the trick. Doh

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: [Solved] Massage therapist NPC won't leave lot
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 12:42:41 AM »
@oshizu --- That's great to hear 8).  I can't believe that NPC was on your Sims' lot for over 2 weeks!  It's really weird that that NPC simply disappeared.  I guess your Sims can go to the spa to get a massage or they can learn wellness to massage each other at home.  Then, put the massage tables back into their household inventory.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 12:56:54 AM »
Maybe the game thought they were a Butler? Lol.  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 01:16:22 AM »
Maybe the game thought they were a Butler? Lol.  :P

@Rainbow Dash
My game only started having this problem after the butlers appeared and I also considered that the massage therapist NPCS might be regarding themselves as a butler-esque presence. LOL

Massage therapist (to my sims): So, dude, where is my bedroom?

Anyway, now that he's gone and I can go ahead and install Vintage Glamour tomorrow.

anything