Author Topic: detective career...cant bring up menu to travel to crime scene  (Read 8603 times)

Offline bbsmom2005

• Nooboo
detective career...cant bring up menu to travel to crime scene
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:29:30 PM »
when i try to click on the board to travel to the crime scene the menu wont come up...i exited the game and restarted it and it still wouldnt work....i even did resetsim and it still wont  please help me  >:( :o

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: detective career...cant bring up menu to travel to crime scene
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:56:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum @bbsmom2005

You are not alone. I struggled with this problem for half the day. I assume you mean that you clicked "Issue an APB" but you ended up at the Town Select screen?
When I posted at EA Answers HQ about not being able to travel to the crime scene two months ago, my report was merged into the "Map Reloading" thread below:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FIXED-PATCH-1-24-102-Map-Reloading-PLEASE-POST-FEEDBACK/m-p/5658862/highlight/true#M78437

You might find reading through the above thread helpful. Is this the problem you refer to?

Like an idiot, I saved my game which caused the problem to spread to other save files. I had to re-install my game and use an earlier save.
Personally, I have just given up on the Detective career. Some players seem to have no problem with it, but the career is glitchy in almost all of my save files.  :'(

Good luck! (Sorry for ranting...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
Re: detective career...cant bring up menu to travel to crime scene
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
@bbsmom2005, this may seem silly, but are you sure that you have a case?  the first step is to get a case from the computers (you will typically need to kick some one off).  then the board will clear, and you will have the option to "Travel to Crime Scene" to look for clues.

anything