Author Topic: 2017 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 15569 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2017 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »
Yeah, it's kind of buried in the World Ranking thread after the actual listing of players...

The second component is Participation. Everyone who submits a score in a challenge receives a 10% participation bonus figured into their ranking. So, there’s a 10-event cap at which point a player receives 100% of the Participation component. If someone participates in more than 10 Tournament challenges, then a player’s best finishes will be used to compute the World Ranking.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 11:54:20 AM »
Thanks, Metro :).  I think I may have read that at some point, but it was really far down the page, I think.  That's O.K.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 12:26:54 PM »
Thanks, Metro :).  I think I may have read that at some point, but it was really far down the page, I think.  That's O.K.

It is...intentionally. One has to turn on their geek alert button to settle into the math. Lol.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 01:59:30 PM »
O.K. Metro.  I will press my geek button :P --- lol.  I just saw all the stuff in this thread from March.  I  hope your mom's knee surgery went well.

I know this is about 6 weeks late, but that's for all your help @Nutella!  Good luck with whatever your future plans are :)!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 04:09:30 PM »
Is this the right thread for posting challenge suggestions?

* Nicked Knick-Knacks
I loved last year's Kleptomaniac challenge. What about combining the kleptomaniac trait with a retail shop, where two YA sims could only sell what they swiped?

* Teen Survivors
Now that teens can form their own households and we have the Teen Hangout lot trait, a challenge that revolves around teenagers would also be fun.
Like a Short lifespan spin-off of the Runaway Teen Challenge?

* Vampires vs Vampire Hunters
Inspired by the Rival Dynasties Challenge, what about a challenge that had us counting vampires turned versus vampires cured?

I'd also like to say that I love challenges like last year's cooking challenge which involved not only cooking but also gardening, fishing, and even (ugh) insect collecting.

Admittedly, none of my three are very interesting ideas but I thought I'd throw them out there.
The tournament has been so great in letting me experience new forms of gameplay. A big thank-you to the Challenges Team!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 05:40:02 PM »
@LenaLJ

Happy birthday! I hope you are having the most fantastic day and that it marks the beginning of a great year for you!
Thank you for all you do for us who love the tournament challenges.
The time and effort you spend to share your scoresheets are very much appreciated.

(Dear mods, please move this post if it's incorrectly located.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 06:26:26 PM »
Happy birthday, Lena :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2017, 09:42:33 PM »
Happy birthday, Lena 8)!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2017, 04:32:53 AM »
Thanks guys, it was a lovely day yesterday :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »
The next two Tournament challenge rule sets are basically done. I was going to post them on Monday -- that would be two weeks before the events go live, but I can see some of the top players wanting to test this or that a bit more than usual given the nature of both events. So, I am going to post both rule sets today. Please remember the overriding feeling of the team -- generic, non-strategy questions are fine in the thread, but any specifics need to be PM'd to the team. Thanks.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 05:38:54 AM »
IMPORTANT: Please avoid Jasmine Holiday for EA's week-long boost. This goes for Dynasties and Tournament challenges.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2017, 05:47:17 AM »
New Challenge Team Member, sdhoey.

I decided to bring on another Challenge Team member, so I wanted to give sdhoey a warm welcome to the Challenge Team. With Nutella no longer around and with ratchie sort of being hit and miss the last couple of years and the fact that Trip does not get involved in the Sims 4 Tournament, I wanted another voice for the Challenges. So, welcome, sdhoey. She loves the community that has been established and joined way back in 2010. She is both a Dynasty and a Tournament participant which is key for me because I want any Challenge Team member to be comfortable in answering both types of questions. 

Thank you, sdhoey, for your willingness to help out.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2017, 01:24:47 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome Metro. I want to Thank you for the chance to give back to this Community. It is a great place and I have made some wonderful friends over the years. This community has also taught me a lot about playing the game in a way I never knew. I hope I can give back as much as it has given me.

Shannon

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2017, 06:13:13 PM »
Congratulations to the Challenges Team for gaining a new member and to sdhoey for being the chosen one.

Shannon, you've always participated in every single tournament challenge and you are also THE most prolific storyteller on this forum.
Hip-hip-hooray!!!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 01:19:24 AM »
Congratulations sdhoey 8)!

anything