Author Topic: [BUG] Party Glitch - Hired sims don't appear at parties  (Read 8853 times)

Offline cjehle87

• Nooboo
[BUG] Party Glitch - Hired sims don't appear at parties
« on: December 25, 2016, 12:37:15 PM »
Hey all, long time listener, first time caller, here. I am having an issue ever since I downloaded the Dine Out game pack. Whenever I try to throw a party, no matter what type it is, my hired services don't come to the party at all. (I.e. the caterer, entertainer, and mixologist) When the party starts, no one shows up at all. If I have my sims click on the oven, piano, bar, etc, they can hire a service, but they will only allow one service person on the lot (for example, if my caterer shows up first, a mixologist or an entertainer will not show up, the option to hire them is greyed out and it says "a mixologist is already on the lot." Even though there is not a mixologist making drinks) the other problem is that even if I hire a caterer for a birthday party in this way, they won't make a cake, they just make a bunch of food. This makes it pretty much impossible to get a gold  on any social events, like weddings, and birthday parties. I've exited and entered the game several times, and the issue remains. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a way to fix it? I kind of assumed that the next time there is a game update, it will resolve, but do I have to wait that long? I love to throwe parties, it's basically my favortie thing about SIMS!!! Thanks in advance, y'all.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Party Glitch - Hired sims don't appear at parties
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »
It appears this is a bug since the December patch.

[OPEN] Hired sims don't appear at parties
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Hired-sims-don-t-appear-at-parties/td-p/4781834

You can try the suggestions in the thread, and click the Me Too button under the original post to help show that others are having similar issues and hopefully that should help get it some attention.

*Work-Around Below* - Thank you Play!! :)

There is a sort-of-workaround, if you give your sims the Always Welcome trait they can do the cooking and drink making etc for the party requirements. of course your sims will need to have the relevant skills but usually most sims have the cooking skill at least. You won't be able to 'hire' them in the party/social events menu but they can cook and make drinks for the household as the party requirements come up.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cjehle87

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 06:14:54 PM »
Thank you for directing me! It appears there is nothing that can be done about this issue at the moment, but I hope someone can figure it out soon.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 08:50:23 PM »
There is a sort-of-workaround, if you give your sims the Always Welcome trait they can do the cooking and drink making etc for the party requirements. of course your sims will need to have the relevant skills but usually most sims have the cooking skill at least. You won't be able to 'hire' them in the party/social events menu but they can cook and make drinks for the household as the party requirements come up.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.