Author Topic: Stardew Valley  (Read 23254 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Stardew Valley
« on: January 02, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »
I tried to update my axe to copper by going in the mines.  However, even after I cleared the first path with a cherry bomb, I couldn't get past Dwarf.  At how many hearts will he let me through.

Since I had that problem in the mine, I went to he blacksmith, and bought enough copper and coal to make a furnace and enough copper to update my axe.  However, the furnace wouldn't work, and the blacksmith seemed to think I wanted to sell my copper -- so now, I don't have any.

Therefore, does anyone have tips about how to upgrade tools to copper?

I did look at Carl's Stardew Valley Guide, but my game seemed to ignore those instructions --- or maybe I missed a little step.

Another little thing: Does that elevator door in the "entry" room of the mine ever open?  How?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Stardew Valley
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "getting past the Dwarf." You've found the Dwarf and now you can visit him. I think you have to be able to understand Dwarvish before you can buy anything, though.

You can start using the elevator once you get to level 5 of the mine. To reach level 5, use the ladder at the right. As you break rocks and defeat monsters, other ladders will open up for you. You can then take the elevator to any level you've reached ending in 0 or 5. For example, if you've reached level 26, you can go to 25.

Once you have a furnace, you can make a copper bar with 5 pieces of copper and 1 piece of coal. To get a copper axe, you need to have 5 copper bars and some money -- I think $2000, but don't remember. As long as the bars and money are in your possession, you don't have to give Clint anything, just choose the upgrade tool option and pick the axe (or pickaxe for mining).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
Like MarianT said, there isn't anything behind the dwarf.  Once you find the four dwarf scrolls and donate them to the library collection, you'll be able to talk to him and buy items from him.

Stardew Valley is hard, isn't it?  There isn't much of an in-game tutorial for it.  I didn't know Carl had a guide for Stardew Valley, but I have often used the Stardew Wiki to help me figure out things. Here's the link: http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley_Wiki

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »
Carl has a great guide to Stardew Valley.  :) I really love this game. It is so well done.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 12:55:42 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "getting past the Dwarf." You've found the Dwarf and now you can visit him. I think you have to be able to understand Dwarvish before you can buy anything, though.

You can start using the elevator once you get to level 5 of the mine. To reach level 5, use the ladder at the right. As you break rocks and defeat monsters, other ladders will open up for you. You can then take the elevator to any level you've reached ending in 0 or 5. For example, if you've reached level 26, you can go to 25.

Once you have a furnace, you can make a copper bar with 5 pieces of copper and 1 piece of coal. To get a copper axe, you need to have 5 copper bars and some money -- I think $2000, but don't remember. As long as the bars and money are in your possession, you don't have to give Clint anything, just choose the upgrade tool option and pick the axe (or pickaxe for mining).
I found the ladder, and my character successfully made 5 copper bars.  I think I want to get a silo first, then upgrade tools.  However, the furnace works, so I have a choice.
Can you get the 20,000G chicken coop with self feeding at first, or is that an upgrade.  I have almost enough for the best one.  My character has 4 hearts with Elliot, and I want her to marry him.  He loves duck feathers, so I need to eventually get the upgraded chicken coop.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 12:56:57 AM »
Carl has a great guide to Stardew Valley.  :) I really love this game. It is so well done.
His guides are always so helpful, including the one for Stardew Valley :).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:29:29 AM »
@coolsim9999999, you have to start with the cheapest coop and then upgrade. Duck feathers are pretty rare, though. It might be easier to give him 2 presents a week of something he likes rather then trying to get something he loves. Once you get a crabpot, you can start catching lobsters for him -- I know he loves those.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 10:20:47 AM »
@coolsim9999999, you have to start with the cheapest coop and then upgrade. Duck feathers are pretty rare, though. It might be easier to give him 2 presents a week of something he likes rather then trying to get something he loves. Once you get a crabpot, you can start catching lobsters for him -- I know he loves those.
O.K.  I will get the cheapest coop.  I have a ton of crocuses and an amethyst, so 2 presents a week is do-able.  I may have a tulip or a parsnip still.  I guess it will just take a little longer to get to 10 hearts with stuff he likes, rather than loves.

I heard that you need a silo before a coop.

I also have money and 5 copper bars to upgrade my axe, at least.  Now, I know how to get more copper bars.

I know it will be slower, but the slimes don't really come up to level 1 of the mine :P.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »
I married Elliot in one of my saves too! Use pomegranates. Plant a few trees and come autumn you'll have a year's supply of his favourite fruit. Plus they increase in quality each year, so the earlier you plant them the better!

Side note, has anyone else tried slime farming? It's not remotely profitable but it makes me happy for some reason. Initially I bred them to drop iridium ore but now I think I'll try for amethysts (married Abigail, they're her favourite). Pleasantly coordinated picture from early on:

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 07:28:12 PM »
Ausette --- Thanks, I have 2 pomegranate trees now and 1 duck feather, as well as all 4 gold tools and upgraded coop and barn.

By any chance, does the traveling cart sell peaches?  I planted all of the other saplings, but forgot that one.  I'm going to plant it now, actually, but I'll have to wait a year for it to produce peaches, and I want to finish the bundle.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »
I found the peach tree...yea..Now I can complete that bundle 8)!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
I have to get 3 more fish and a frozen tear to finish all the bundles for the community center, and I have 2 questions.

1. Is it easy to find a frozen tear?  I read that it's level 40 to 80 in the mines.  I've only been down to level 3 in the mines, and so I have my rusty sword (all my other tools are Iridium,) 

2. Also, how to you get a better sword from the mines, and how good at combat do you have to be to buy one at the Adventurer's Guild?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 11:47:44 AM »
1. If you go to the Adventurer's Guild, you can buy a Level 2 Wooden Sword for 250g (Your Rusty Sword is Level 1).
    Frozen tears are common on floors 41-49 (and they're one of Sebastien's favorite gifts).

2. You'll find the Steel Smallsword (Level 2, Speed +2) in a chest when you reach Level 20 of the mines.
    After reaching floor 20 in the mines, you can buy a Silver Saber (Level 3) for 750g at the Adventurer's Guild.

Bring a lot of food and any bombs you have when you go mining. Good luck!  ;D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 12:40:27 PM »
Thanks, Oshizu!  I have 25 pumpkin soups in my backpack, some stuffing and Autumn's Bounty.  I will put the bombs I have in my backpack.  Tomorrow, their time, is going to be a sunny winter's day with a little extra luck.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »
I was at level 2 in the mines this morning, and now, I've reached level 120, and I have the monster slingshot, space boots, a lot of rings, the skull key, the galaxy sword, galaxy dagger and galaxy hammer.  I got to level 25 in Skull Cavern, so, now I need to meet Mr. Qi.  Now, I have to get a chub to finish the bundles for the community center.