Author Topic: Sims 4 Vampire Game Pack  (Read 7266 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Vampire Game Pack
« on: January 09, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »
I'm making a separate thread (and locking the Upcoming Content thread) since tomorrow, Jan. 10, there will be more official information about the forthcoming Sims 4 Vampire Game Pack.

However, for those curious, here is an official sims 4 twitter teaser:
https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/818517956195917825

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Vampire Game Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »
The thread will now be unlocked since we have some more, official information.

Source:  The Sims.com

Live Forever with The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack!

January 10, 2017
by SimGuru Panda

Supernaturals have always been a great part of The Sims, adding even more unique storytelling opportunities along with darker, crazy fun. And that’s why we’re super excited to announce The Sims™ 4 Vampires* Game Pack, coming January 24th, 2016.

Youtube Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvqfjOQPsY

For The Sims 4, we really wanted to build out Vampires more than we’ve ever done before, and we think you’ll really enjoy them. They have their own special Vampire motives and needs, focused around gaining enough Plasma, Powers and sleep. Plasma is what Vampires drink, and it comes in a few different varieties. Your Sim can purchase Plasma Packs if they’re wanting a quick fix, or grow Plasma Fruit as a more long-term option. If you want to be a more traditional Vampire, you can also creep up on unsuspecting Sims while they sleep drain Plasma from them. Or just ask nicely, but where's the fun in that?

Now, hold on, go back. Powers? Yup, Vampires have Powers! You’ll be able to use these to turn other Sims in to Vampires, and move around in different forms, and more. We’re going to talk about that in in the coming weeks, we promise. But for now we’ll just say that they add to your experience as a Vampire, gaining both powers and weaknesses which will affect your story and how you play your Vampire.

Vampires also can have two forms: regular and dark, and if you have both then your Sim will spin in to the Dark Form to perform Vampire actions. They’ve got their own creepy walk style too, that we think you'll really love. Oh, and you probably shouldn’t leave them out in daylight either. After a little while they get a bit… flammable.

This Game Pack also adds a bunch of totally new Create a Sim options! We’ve got glowing eyes and creepy eye sockets, new washed out skin tones suitable for Sims that literally never see daylight, and some really dramatic brow options to give your Vampire that sinister-ancient-being look. There's more, don't worry, but we know how much you love finding fun new stuff. Oh, and about those two forms. You’ll be able to fully customize both options, but if you’ve perfected an outfit and want it for both forms, we’ve got you covered with a handy little button to copy between them!

Wanting a whole family of Vampires? Sims can be born as a Vampire, but their powers won't start until they age up in to Teenagers. You also won't know until then if they got the Vampire genetics or not, as the Plumbob style won't change until then too. When they become Young Adults, they'll also stop naturally aging up.

Did we mention Forgotten Hollow yet?

Forgotten Hollow is the new World coming in the The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack. It’s completely different to previous The Sims 4 worlds, and makes a great place for a Vampire to live as night-time lasts long here. There’s one block, with five lots, all centered around a plaza area dedicated to Vlad, the founding Vampire of Forgotten Hollow. You’ll notice that this World looks and feels totally different to the others in The Sims 4, with creeping fog and a lot of withered, old foliage. We wanted this to feel like a centuries-old neighborhood with history and secrets, so there’s also some great Build & Buy Mode objects to help you create your perfect Vampire home. There’s also a lot trait that’ll encourage Vampires to stop by your Sim’s home more often. Don’t worry, Vampires aren’t unique to Forgotten Hollow and they will show up from time to time in other Worlds, just not as often.

Of course, no Vampire home would be complete without the classic Vampire objects. Your Vampire Sim can spend their days avoiding daylight and playing the pipe organ, which has its own skill to level up. Oh, and one more little thing. There’s also new coffin beds, that your Vampire Sim can totally WooHoo in.

We’ll have even more information for you about this pack over the next two weeks, but we hope you’re as excited as we are! Come talk to us on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr & Instagram, and tell us what you’re looking forward to most using #TS4Vampires

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:04:51 PM »
Oh, man. I love that they can turn into bats. That's awesome.
I'm also very intrigued by the new CAS options. Glowing eyes, Creepy brows and eye sockets? Okay!
Love the look of the new world (though still confused about whether it's a vacation world or a neighborhood or what) and there are plenty of new hairs, so that makes me happy. Yay vampires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
It's looking good so far. Love that the vamps can be either terrifying or cute and that they have two forms. I really have missed having supernaturals in my game so I'm pretty stoked this is only two weeks away.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Huge smile on my face this morning about this.. I had no idea how much I missed playing supernaturals until I loaded Sims 3 again and sighed with happiness when my fairy was made! haha.. Looks like they have gone into extra detail and I can't wait to see what they can do. I also echo what Playalot said.. it's great that it's only 2 weeks away until release and not Months!

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
Am I the only one who would buy this pack just for the new hairstyles?  ;) I really like some of them, and would use them for in my regular game for that "classy-but-different" look.

I'm actually pretty excited for this pack. It seems like they are putting a lot more thought into the vamps this time around. The GP approach also make them easier to skip for people who don't like the occult life-states. I also like the separation of the Vampire neighborhood. I'm hoping that we won't get the everyone-is-a-vampire effect that happened in "Supernatural". They will apparently roam the regular neighborhoods, but they won't be everywhere like they were in TS3.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 03:31:23 PM »
A few tips from various tweets from the gurus:

Vamps won't populate your worlds if you, the player, do not make it happen.
Children born to vamps don't show their vampirism powers until teenhood (if they do inherit it at all).
Vamps stop aging at the Young Adult stage and can be aged up with the cake. The wording is a little vague on the blog but I had this confirmed from SimGuruNinja
The new neighborhood is residential with 5 lots one being an empty lot. The sizes are: 2 30x30's, 2 30x20's, and a 40x30
The sun to night ratio is different there with longer night times.
New lot traits.
Vamps have 2 forms, their Dark Form can be designed in CAS too (like aliens disguises) with a new copy button so you can copy the vamps Regular Form to Dark Form
The new eye colors and the facial assets are Vampires only, but there is new clothes, etc for all
There is a cure for vampirism
No hybrids. Children will either be fully vampire or fully alien, for example.
The song in the Vampire trailer ("Snakes" by ZZ Ward) is currently unreleased. But a Simlish version is in the pack on the radio.
3 new aspirations

The initial official information is also live on Carl's Guide to Vampires

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »
There is a quiz you can take to see what kind of vampire you are.
https://www.thesims.com/quizzes/what-kind-of-vampire-are-you

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 09:45:51 AM »

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »
Sims 4 Vampire Power Gameplay Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qx2qMYhgp8

Also a Blog Post about it:
Source:   Sims 4 Vampire Power

Gain Ancient Powers with The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack

January 17, 2017 by SimGuru Panda

With only a week left before The Sims™ 4 Vampires* Game Pack launches, we are so excited to dive a little deeper into one of the biggest game-changing parts of being a Vampire... Powers! This is a unique new Powers progression system, that gives Sims new Powers & Weaknesses that are new to The Sims 4! So, let's take a look.

Exciting, right?! Your Vampire Sims will have great options to increase their Vampire Rank, including duelling, reading Vampire lore and being mentored by other Vampires. Increasing their Vampire Rank unlocks an assortment of unique supernatural Powers. Mutate into a bat to travel, control Sim's minds, slip into the darkness, wield vampiric strength, and more! But take heed, with every up, comes a down. And as powers are unlocked, you must also choose weaknesses to maintain balance.

Thin skinned Vampires will find themselves with extra flammable skin, which can sure make going out into the sunlight difficult. Sims who don't want to treat their friends as lunch can choose to drink from the Plasma fruit. Meanwhile, other Sims could suffer from uncontrollable hissing, which always makes for an awkward social situation...

Now, if you are fretting about having to pick between all of those awesome Powers - worry no longer. You can unlock almost all of the Powers and Weaknesses through research, experience, and duelling, even after you've reached the maximum Vampire Rank. But do you know which Power Points you're going to take first?

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
I was initially meh about vampires...but the "powers" screen has me intrigued.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 12:44:33 PM »
As many of you vampire-anticipating simmers already know, there will be a livestream by the devs about all things vampire today.
It begins at 1 PM Pacific Standard Time and can be watched here
If you're busy, no worries. The broadcast will be replayable later.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »
Today, I have butterflies in my stomach ;D Anticipation always gets the better of me, it seems. Forgotten Hollow looks really good - I know I love the atmosphere in Moonlight Falls (TS3). Perhaps they will add werewolves, fairies, and witches as well at some point in TS4.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »
As you can guess, the new Sims 4 Vampire Game Pack is now out for $19.99

You can get it here on Origin:  Sims 4 Vampires

Description:
Transform your Sims into powerful vampires and live for eternity in an eerie new destination with The Sims™ 4 Vampires. Create a variety of vampires using all-new tools and unlock unique Powers that give your Sims supernatural abilities. Escape to Forgotten Hollow, build a lair and hang out with other immortals.

KEY FEATURES

Create vampires.
 With all-new Create A Sim options, create vampire Sims that are alluring or frightening. Choose their fangs, add mysterious glowing eyes, even customize a unique Dark Form to transform into when enraged or spooking other Sims.

Unleash supernatural powers.
 Earn and wield dozens of unique Powers that give vampires the ability to control Sims’ minds and conjure spiritual energy. Balance your skills by taking on weaknesses and unlock new Powers by winning epic duels to advance your rank.

Escape to Forgotten Hollow.
The dark, mist-covered land of Forgotten Hollow is the perfect place for vampires to socialize and let loose. Visit the abandoned mansion to discover its secrets, collect ingredients for gruesome new recipes, or move in and build your own lair.

Live the immortal life.

Experience the life of a vampire and choose how to live. Will you drink from Sims or eat Plasmafruit to quench your thirst? Embrace evil and stir up trouble or blend in and start a vampire family? Whatever you choose, always avoid sunlight and garlic foods.

anything