Author Topic: Custom Skin/Eyes not showing up?  (Read 5871 times)

Offline Charlotte

• Nooboo
Custom Skin/Eyes not showing up?
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:52:42 PM »
I'm not a noobie at using mods and CC, I have never used custom skins and eyes before.
About a week ago, I added a base eye replacement because I was not happy with the darkness of the red eye colour.
So I added the mod and went to change the colours on my sims...and the option to change eye colours weren't there. Cue me being frustrated.
So I quit the game, remove the mod and open S4S and decide to recolour a default game colour to the colour i wanted, saved the package and added the mod to my mods folder.
I opened the game, and the eye colour swatch palette was back....but the eye colour I had made wasn't showing up in the swatch that I had recoloured.
So I just stuck it out with the dull red colour...
On to the next dilemma. I wanted to have patchy skin textures, and by downloading the 'Rosy Skin' package from TSR and editing the .png file in GIMP, and adding it to the package like I did with the eye colour, I was happy with how it looked and added /that/ mod to my mod folder. So i open the game and went to skin tones, and....its...not...there. The original and the modified wasn't there. Checked everything to do with the skin, from skin tone to makeup to details and facepaint. Nix, nada, no, niente.

Onto my main question: What do I do? I want custom skins for my sims because I well, crave originality in my sims. How do I get the custom skin to exist in my game? Is there a way for me to know /where/ my mods can be found? Like a certain category in the CAS?
Thanks in advance!!!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Custom Skin/Eyes not showing up?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:17:25 PM »
If you are using Sims 4 Studio to customize your content, perhaps you would do better posting your questions in the S4S forum threads?

Not that the forum members here don't want to help you.
This forum community is wonderfully friendly and helpful, but not many who post here are modders.  :)

Sorry I couldn't address any of your questions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything